That video looked great to me Ridge. Lee
leethetreeguy is online now Find More Posts by leethetreeguy
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 12, 2012, 11:33 AM
The lunatic is on the grass
Joined Aug 2008
4,875 Posts
Thanks Lee.
With a couple adjustments with an editor,brightness,contrast,gamma ect the picture is really good as viewed on my pc,very happy with the picture!
Longs the cam keeps working the way it is then this cam is pretty darn good for $40.

Of course i haven't given it the on the plane test...will soon!

There is a story behind the #16 camera though.
There is supposed to be two different firmware versions,one .AVI and one .MOV file format.
The camera come with the .MOV firmware,but...some people did get cams with the .AVI firmware and that fw has a "bug" i guess and the camera "developer" is working on a fix...not really a big deal unless you have to have the .AVI file structure.

Now the .MOV firmware...

There have been two versions,one early version on some of the first shipped cams, and then a second version was written and is supposed to be an update to v1 and also comes on the later shipped cameras.

There is a "bug",what happens is when the cam pans fast from bright to low light the video recording gets hung up and stops but the sound...with static continues.

I had this happen once to me after already recording about 5 videos.

And i have the most up to date fw version.
Why this happened i don't know.
But...the micro sd card i was using in the #16 was just removed from the #3 cam and used,no formatting.
I guess your supposed to use the in camera formatting on the card.
I did that and have since recorded about 5 more videos ,some as long as 20 min and no issues at all.
So did the in camera formatting "fix" the reason why the corrupt file happen to occur,that i don't know...only time will tell.

Now...if that all sounds confusing or turns you off,don't let it.
If i can figure this out then it's really not that bad.lol

I won't count my chickens right now but so far this cam is looking real good to me and from the video i have recorded with it i'm happy!

Time will be the real test.

Oh...and it comes from china,free shipping and only took 10 days to get here.
Here is a link to the seller of the #16......http://www.ebay.com/itm/Mini-DVR-808...item2a1721820c
And a link to the thread about the #16 keychain camera....http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1556994

Ridgewalker
ridgewalker is online now Find More Posts by ridgewalker
Old Jan 12, 2012, 11:34 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Oct 2006
5,302 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ridgewalker View Post
I didn't forget about the ribbon pull.
Thing is the #3 camera didn't give a clear picture aaaannnnd...i wanted there to be snow on the ground

Well today we have snow on the ground,snowing as i type and the #16 camera is working good and is giving a nice picture compared to the #3
So hopefully the snow sticks around through the weekend and i'll get out there and pull a ribbon.

Ridgewalker
congrads Ridgewalker
any possable chance to correct this for a download?

maybe you can upload to megaupload.com Pm the link to me?

thevideo I watched, will comment when I getthe time

shady, blotchy and rice paper. possable issues are of FLV player vimeo.

you must save your footage as wmvHd that way

1. it will play on your pc better, and online streaming better. I do not cre for orginal played files as it stop go stop go orginal files do that Lol.

Awesome shot, will comment later and enjoy the cam
fishycomics is offline Find More Posts by fishycomics
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Jan 12, 2012, 11:45 AM
Fly em if ya got em.
Winder Ga
Joined Sep 2008
11,790 Posts
Hey Fish, I wrote you too long post last night. But, my ipod failed to put them on here. Screen just went black on me, and I was too tired to re-do them. I just wanted you to know how proud I was of you. Telling that guy that it was all about the flyin for now. That is fun. And later you can even put a cam on the Champ and fly too. That also is fun. But, I was so proud of you because you understood that it was about the fun of flyin. And then you rebuilt you Trojan. My heart just burst of joy for you. I hope you have fun picking out a new plane. Then getting it for your birthday. Have you considered a plane from easysky.com or is it easyfly.com? I can't remember right now. But, they have planes just slightly larger than the Champ. And they are a great design. Motor thrust angle can be adjusted because they use a spring loaded mounting system that is unique so far. There prices are cheap, but, there shipping is high.
And, have you heard that HH is coming out with a secound edition Champ? Knowone yet knows what changes have been made. But, alot of us are waiting to see with baited breath. hahahaha
Old Jan 12, 2012, 11:56 AM
The lunatic is on the grass
Joined Aug 2008
4,875 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fishycomics View Post
congrads Ridgewalker
any possable chance to correct this for a download?

maybe you can upload to megaupload.com Pm the link to me?

thevideo I watched, will comment when I getthe time

shady, blotchy and rice paper. possable issues are of FLV player vimeo.

1. it will play on your pc better, and online streaming better. I do not cre for orginal played files as it stop go stop go orginal files do that Lol.

Awesome shot, will comment later and enjoy the cam
Yeah, it is a little dark,blotchy,uncle bens.lol
But i'm telling 'ya...on my pc the picture is really better for it also being standard def.
The hue is off in the cam too,but all that can be compensated for when i edit it.
The cams not perfect or GoPro material,but from what i've seen from it so far it's pretty darn good...now remember...the only other cam i ever had was the #3 so this is a big improvement for me.

My pc couldn't play the HD but i could view it frame by frame and it was very good,able to read things,signs in the video, where before with the #3 things like that were pretty tough to see in the video clearly.

Quote:
Do you mean add .wmvHD and remove the .MOV from the file name?

Quote:
Was the video choppy when you viewed it on Vimeo?
It's not choppy when i view it on Vimeo and it's not choppy on my pc.
That's another thing about this camera,the video is smooth unlike the #3.

Here is another sample uploaded to youtube......

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j0PtM1P-fZM

Ridgewalker
ridgewalker is online now Find More Posts by ridgewalker
Old Jan 12, 2012, 11:59 AM
TREE TOP PILOT
United States, IN, Greenfield
Joined Feb 2007
1,788 Posts
@lee
Glad to see your still here.Got my gws cub done
crashdumby is online now Find More Posts by crashdumby
Old Jan 12, 2012, 12:02 PM
Fly em if ya got em.
Winder Ga
Joined Sep 2008
11,790 Posts
That video looked great to me. Both looked really good on my laptop thru vimeo. I could read signs and everything. I liked it. Wouldn't mind having one of those cams one day.
Lee
Old Jan 12, 2012, 12:04 PM
Fly em if ya got em.
Winder Ga
Joined Sep 2008
11,790 Posts
Hey Crash, that looks beautifull buddy. Nice work. Lee
Old Jan 12, 2012, 12:07 PM
If it spins, wear it.
Northern Nevada
Joined Jan 2011
2,246 Posts
FWIW, I've flown my #16 twice now and I am very pleased with the video, no bugs, freezes etc. with mine yet. Running the new .mov since mine was shipped with old .avi. That did freeze on the first test but I was going to upgrade the FW anyway. I have yet to post any of my video and I am just getting the hang of clipping them. Once I have something worth seeing, I may get to uploading to a video site. Ya, not UT from what I'm hearing. Thinking about getting an iPad to do the editing (that's an excuse, I've been thinking about getting one anyway)

I'll try to get video up soon but there are lots of #16 video's out now to judge quality for yourself. I replaced a #8 that still works...sort of. 100% better than the #8 that was supposed to be HD BTW.
whirlcap is online now Find More Posts by whirlcap
Old Jan 12, 2012, 12:15 PM
Diverted by planks
South Florida
Joined Dec 2010
5,017 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by whirlcap View Post
FWIW, I've flown my #16 twice now and I am very pleased with the video, no bugs, freezes etc. with mine yet. Running the new .mov since mine was shipped with old .avi. That did freeze on the first test but I was going to upgrade the FW anyway. I have yet to post any of my video and I am just getting the hang of clipping them. Once I have something worth seeing, I may get to uploading to a video site. Ya, not UT from what I'm hearing. Thinking about getting an iPad to do the editing (that's an excuse, I've been thinking about getting one anyway)

I'll try to get video up soon but there are lots of #16 video's out now to judge quality for yourself. I replaced a #8 that still works...sort of. 100% better than the #8 that was supposed to be HD BTW.
Dang. Don't tell me I gotta buy a new cam.... seems these features will definitely be an improvement over my current #11 - the white balance and dark corners def show up on mine sometimes, and it makes awful sounds on audio track as battery gets lower:

Quote:
What’s special about this new 808 #16 camera?

1. A connector added for the internal battery, making it changeable by users who don’t like soldering. You don’t have to throw your camera away when the battery dies. You just need a new battery and change it!

2. A connector added to the lens/sensor module, make it possible to replace or upgrade it when new module's available.

3. New Lens and totally new circuit board design. You will see below improvements in video:

- Overall sharpness: improved

- White balance control / color shifting issue: improved

- Saturation / and contrast boost issue: colors look much more natural now

- Darker corner/edge vignetting issue: improved

* Low battery buzzing artifact in video -Gone!

* It supports audio volume control, and you can even get it mute to save battery and helps to increase the recording time when the audio is not needed, it can be set by TXT config tool (as can date and time).

(etc)
$38 shipped... .dang it, I am *so* close to hitting "click"....
tracknoob is offline Find More Posts by tracknoob
Old Jan 12, 2012, 12:19 PM
Diverted by planks
South Florida
Joined Dec 2010
5,017 Posts
"Your order summary
Item shipped
Your item(s) should arrive between Feb 01 - Feb 14, 2012."

tracknoob is offline Find More Posts by tracknoob
Old Jan 12, 2012, 12:29 PM
Fly em if ya got em.
Winder Ga
Joined Sep 2008
11,790 Posts
Here is a thread to the planes I was referring too. I have the Cessna and Cub. They are great...

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1553297
Old Jan 12, 2012, 12:30 PM
Fly em if ya got em.
Winder Ga
Joined Sep 2008
11,790 Posts
Opps, that link takes you to there newest plane. Sorry
Old Jan 12, 2012, 12:31 PM
Fly em if ya got em.
Winder Ga
Joined Sep 2008
11,790 Posts
Here is the one I meant...

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1355391
Old Jan 12, 2012, 12:40 PM
Callsign: Zulu
Somewhere in the skies!
Joined Feb 2011
531 Posts
Hi guys, just to tell you that I got my Axn today. Everything was packed well etc! Building it right now with my stuff (don't trust the cheap servo's, so I bought it ARF). Pics later!
Stuka_99 is offline Find More Posts by Stuka_99
Last edited by Stuka_99; Nov 19, 2013 at 12:46 PM.