SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jan 10, 2012, 09:43 PM
An Ordinary User
United States, VA, Fluvanna
Joined Jan 2011
1,296 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaladroitFL View Post
Anyway, I just ordered a new fuse, wing and tailfeathers -- along with the decals from WHOLESALETRAINS.COM -- all for $31 w/free shipping.
Mac
No way! Are you already a member there? Whenever I want to get cheap parts for my Champ I am told I don't qualify for membership on their website. To qualify I have to order $200 of stuff at normal price and then I'll get a discount price.

And sorry about your plane. It's hard to argue with old timers and if you take into account they may not live much longer it's probably better to leave them be. Maybe they're grumpy because they're scared.

SB
GooberSB is offline Find More Posts by GooberSB
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 10, 2012, 09:45 PM
If it spins, wear it.
Northern Nevada
Joined Jan 2011
2,260 Posts
Mac,

That's a bummer, nice bird turned to junk. So far, I'm staying away from the club fields and sticking to "park flyer's" and now I have a good reason to keep it that way. Unless I up-scale quite a bit, I just don't see myself at a place that needs traffic control. Best of luck getting her fixed and compensated for.
whirlcap is offline Find More Posts by whirlcap
Old Jan 10, 2012, 10:11 PM
Bay Area Prop Buster
Bay Area CA
Joined Jan 2011
4,017 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by whirlcap View Post
LOL, we think that way out West too, just not too far West (Californica)
Hey, We got guns too! Just go to any elementary school
Bluhammer is offline Find More Posts by Bluhammer
Old Jan 10, 2012, 11:07 PM
United States, ID, Mountain Home
Joined Sep 2011
198 Posts
Lee way to go on the jobs. Keep it up. Mac that sucks. The yellow was cool.
Notsogood is offline Find More Posts by Notsogood
Old Jan 10, 2012, 11:09 PM
United States, ID, Mountain Home
Joined Sep 2011
198 Posts
Welcome K5DDZ. You will have fun flying. Always fun flying with someone.
Notsogood is offline Find More Posts by Notsogood
Old Jan 11, 2012, 01:38 AM
Callsign: Zulu
Somewhere in the skies!
Joined Feb 2011
656 Posts
Really sad for you Mac! Especially so soon after plugging in the new brick. If I were you, I'd take that FW and eat his Radian for breakfast lol. So sad for Blu's Geebee too. Looked like a nice plane. Hopw you rebuild it and don't part it...yet lol
Stuka_99 is offline Find More Posts by Stuka_99
Old Jan 11, 2012, 07:06 AM
Flyin' low & slow T-28s!
United States, FL, Vero Beach
Joined Feb 2011
3,326 Posts
The field is not a 'club' field...just a place where a bunch of guys fly.

We are self-policing and so far it has worked very well, so the last thing I'm gonna do is set the place on fire and destroy the good natured fun and friendship we all have.

I'll just accept that that old bar-stid is a POS who failed to even utter, "Sorry."
Even if I was completely RIGHT I still would say sorry to a fellow flyer whose plane I just SHREDDED.

But I want to help preserve what we all have out there and not get into the structured club "taking turns" and rules BS. I'm just gonna stay clear of him from now on. He is a very nice guy who helps everyone --- especially newbs -- and I'm a "newer guy" myself -- having only arrived there in July.

Plus, I just found out he bought a 10-acre field about 2 miles from my house -- just in case we lose our current field to commercial construction. So he is an alright dude who just made a big mistake.

Mac
MaladroitFL is offline Find More Posts by MaladroitFL
Old Jan 11, 2012, 08:14 AM
Flyin' low & slow T-28s!
United States, FL, Vero Beach
Joined Feb 2011
3,326 Posts
A New Pilot from HK.

Well....these would be a nice addition to my 55" Cessna!
How about you?

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...dProduct=18729
MaladroitFL is offline Find More Posts by MaladroitFL
Old Jan 11, 2012, 08:46 AM
Callsign: Zulu
Somewhere in the skies!
Joined Feb 2011
656 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaladroitFL View Post
A New Pilot from HK.

Well....these would be a nice addition to my 55" Cessna!
How about you?

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...dProduct=18729
Good lord! haha! Might attract more head on collisions though, be careful! Cleavages attract attention!
Stuka_99 is offline Find More Posts by Stuka_99
Old Jan 11, 2012, 09:14 AM
Fly em if ya got em.
Winder Ga
Joined Sep 2008
12,142 Posts
That is a must have!!!
leethetreeguy is offline Find More Posts by leethetreeguy
Old Jan 11, 2012, 09:19 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Oct 2006
5,302 Posts
Good morning all.

Blu .. I feel for ya was not fun watching. To much plane for me but a sweet looking one that it is. Do not let her get you down
-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mac.

This was not the first time at the same field you had issues and deffently not the first damaged plane either. You always get them up flying like Ridgewalker and Jim

For rules at an open field will only cause problems and why we do not fly at a members only club. will be anyones guess

There are always two sides to the story.

Watching and trying to listen to the video is hard to decide who is right or wrong.

Mac, you are at one End, away from trouble. You were doing a circuit and in the midst of it CRASH?

How long in the circuit were you?

If you were one step ahead thinking your moves that crash would not have happened. I hear you saying I was that one step ahead.

But you were flying a cross and looking straight ahead and not forward. You did hear and did see but was to late to avoid

The flyer was 30 ft to your side thinking he was perfectly clear, calling out four! launch! whatever

He should have said next in line. And wait. And the flyer in air take note to say my flight is just started/ended

We call this curtasy (sp)

Since it is an open field that is the way the cookie crumbles

And to repair and mend things man to man. Would buy one or walk in with a few parts to help one another out, and not to say , SORRY or nothing at all.

Since we are not there we will only trust the word of op

For a group of members at the field I am sure you Mac walk in head held high four coffee in hand a dozen donuts talking shop

This is where you guys fly. Knowing all are addicted and just cannot take a days rest from rcgroups, or flying

Never am I insulting just sharing an opinion

Get her repaired as the T28 wings are to fragile for regluing

She is/was sweet till she met her maker. And that hurts, we all know

Big Jim. I P A S S on the go pro but the go pro II may be the better. gopro sound is awefull, pro II has a ext mic I hear.

I look into the kodak playfully duel hd108p60F coming out in feb 2012

I hear that cam will have a 26mm lens panaramac still, ext mic and some. It is a fixed focus cam for 200.00 since you have an iPhone this may be better then the go pro. Gopro is a cam for a sports person no vid screen no sound. Just video.

Ridgewalker

Yes I wait and not buy. Tom frank seems to be on it with sales commission and he is not a lab just anyone else out there pushing his personal time. I bet he has a bucket load of these cams for free lol

Since we know the hd1080 model is out since 2011, that 808KC is 15 fps and to hear the #11 will not get att'n is a crying shame

The #11 is the cam to get but the #16 will do fine. I could care less about stills and other stuff if it is suppose to record Video, the end. Enjoy it but remember one tests it's called, but observing a real test 1 meter. to a screen. is the test. to correct any video would be using a black white paper in increments.2k,4k up to 26k etc. Not a backyard plane etc flight. Funny how they have dead pixels. Being picky will cost ya. these tests are in a cam under a hidden file that runs for hours called engineer test.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Enough said thought I drop in see what was up and say my peace

I am looking into the mini cub but not to swap out for a dsm2. If I have to I will. I as well looked at the mini dragon 300 only at banana. Hobby for parts and stuff.

I think my Super cub is to big to fly at the park. If at the park I fly at home It is Harder to fly at the confined quarters Why I preferred the mini super cub due to its size

Any suggestions

Winter is treating well and playing safe then sorry

Happy flying welcome all noobs and others I missed thank you

FISHYCOMICS
fishycomics is offline Find More Posts by fishycomics
Last edited by fishycomics; Jan 11, 2012 at 09:48 AM.
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Jan 11, 2012, 10:31 AM
Bay Area Prop Buster
Bay Area CA
Joined Jan 2011
4,017 Posts
Thanks Fishy for your condolence. I think your field is plenty big for the Super Cub. I would fly any of my big planes there. Just fly it and you'll grow into it.
Blu
Bluhammer is offline Find More Posts by Bluhammer
Old Jan 11, 2012, 11:03 AM
Fly em if ya got em.
Winder Ga
Joined Sep 2008
12,142 Posts
I still remember the excitment in Fishy's voice as he would say, "The Super Cub!" haha.
Old Jan 11, 2012, 11:18 AM
Fly em if ya got em.
Winder Ga
Joined Sep 2008
12,142 Posts
I don't think this is gonna fly. ahaahahaha

Old Jan 11, 2012, 11:30 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Oct 2006
5,302 Posts
BlueHammer.

I loved the colours of the Plane, and would have loved to see a Blue Scheme' for you.

I remembered walking into the LHS in Wallingford CT, on the shelf the Ggs model, 50 plus inch wingspan.

I fell in love by the looks of it, staring at it for 5 minutes, WOW, And seeing your flight and the crash, saying not good. Flying over grass, would you think the plane would have suffered the same or less damage? I do not like pavement at all when flying, and know even when cold weather, the ground is just as bad.

With me at the Local field, thefield is long enough 1000 feet, but the width is short, guessing that I must not stand in thecenter, but further down the field, Since we know wind changes my direction changes.

It is like Mac being comfortably down the field, away from everybody.

For me I must be away and clear I chose not to fly when others are present that I may need to land abrubtly.

Why I loved the field in CT double the width.

yes ishall again get used to it, guess that is the problem being away so long from Home?
fishycomics is offline Find More Posts by fishycomics
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)