SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jan 10, 2012, 03:20 PM
United States, FL, Satellite Beach
Joined Sep 2011
14 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RTF Thumper View Post
Mac, we at our field are very mindful of plane landings or recovery. Educate and real VFR (Visual Flight Rules) IAW Aims, are see and be seen, Landing aircraft have the right of way in all cases. This guy would get one of those and we would press the replacement issue and give the bits and pieces to the offending party. If the BEYACH declined to make it right three wings (assassins) would target the punk each time he came to the field to include his vehicle. The Assassin can take it. I flew the Raptor today........It was Amazing, I will let BoomSplat and Bowsonn tell ya about it. As I too seem to be having jippy joe camera issues. I am going to buy a Go Pro Hero. I am done with Key chain cameras. The Raptor Rocked
Great flight with the Raptor, Jim!!! Great to see another build come together. Was really fun to watch.
BoomSplat is offline Find More Posts by BoomSplat
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 10, 2012, 03:25 PM
Flyin' low & slow T-28s!
United States, FL, Vero Beach
Joined Feb 2011
3,324 Posts
He's a retiree who only flies a few helis and his 2 large gliders.

He needed to wait about 2 friggin' seconds until I got past his launch area.
I mean, you don't just yell launch to avoid responsibility, you yell it so people have a chance to clear out.

Anyway, I just ordered a new fuse, wing and tailfeathers -- along with the decals from WHOLESALETRAINS.COM -- all for $31 w/free shipping.
Quote:
1 Wing/Belly Pan without Servo for Ultra Micro Trojan, Parkzone, PKZU1520 - $10.79
1 Bare Fuselage for Ultra Micro Trojan, Parkzone, PKZU1567 - $10.19
1 Complete Tail Set for Ultra Micro Trojan, Parkzone, PKZU1525 - $7.99
1 Decal Sheet for Ultra Micro Trojan, Parkzone, PKZU1502 - $2.71
So I look at it as a way to find how to lighten the plane by skimping a bit more on the yellow paint, (keeping the underside lighter with only 1-coat or maybe just yellow over the red areas underneath?).

It was a very heavy little plane with all that paint AND clear coat polyurethane as well.

Mac
MaladroitFL is offline Find More Posts by MaladroitFL
Old Jan 10, 2012, 03:29 PM
Flyin' low & slow T-28s!
United States, FL, Vero Beach
Joined Feb 2011
3,324 Posts
Jim,
How long before we see the Raptor vid???

I need something to ease my pain. HA HA!

Hey, if it flies well and fast, do you think I could build one with some single-edge razor blades protruding from the LE's?

I have a few gliders I need to slice to pieces...mid-air.

Mac The Knife
MaladroitFL is offline Find More Posts by MaladroitFL
Old Jan 10, 2012, 03:34 PM
Fly em if ya got em.
Winder Ga
Joined Sep 2008
11,943 Posts
I was thinkin about sharpening some 440 stainless steel and making rotor blades for my trex500 copter. I could come down there and see what kind of carnage it would cause on a glider for ya. hahahahaha. Man, I am still mad over it. I think I will go out and fly somethin till dark. Lee
leethetreeguy is online now Find More Posts by leethetreeguy
Old Jan 10, 2012, 05:21 PM
My Champ makes birds mad.
Joined Nov 2011
244 Posts
Does anyone know a web retailer of the UM T-28, Champ parts and glue that does so for a low price? Clearly I wont be going to the hobbyshop anytime soon, so I may as well order online if I want to fly this upcoming weekend which is THREE DAYS LONG! Anyhow, thanks.
Champflyr is offline Find More Posts by Champflyr
Old Jan 10, 2012, 05:40 PM
Fly em if ya got em.
Winder Ga
Joined Sep 2008
11,943 Posts
Trojan here...

http://www.wholesaletrains.com/Detail.asp?ID=200846193

Parts for Champ at same site. But you need glue too?
Old Jan 10, 2012, 05:42 PM
Fly em if ya got em.
Winder Ga
Joined Sep 2008
11,943 Posts
You didn't say what parts for the champ. But, here is where they are...

http://www.wholesaletrains.com/Airpl...HBZ&offset=200
Old Jan 10, 2012, 05:43 PM
Fly em if ya got em.
Winder Ga
Joined Sep 2008
11,943 Posts
What glue do you need/want?
Old Jan 10, 2012, 05:46 PM
Joined Nov 2011
244 Posts
Yeah....the glue for the tail replacing. But I remember that once upon a time the Trojan BNF was only $89.99 until around the Christmas season then it went up to $99.99. Know anyone who still sells it at that price? If not that is fine, I am gonna try to convince my parents (again) tonight. Thanks again, Lee.
Old Jan 10, 2012, 05:55 PM
Occupying RCG
United States, MS, Ocean Springs
Joined Sep 2009
1,867 Posts
Mac,

When I was a kid, we made shoulder-launched, Estes rocket bazookas. Oughta take out a radian.

Or Lee and I could pull up to his flightline position widda 'gator ina back seat.

Throw a few steaks in the back of his truck when he's busy with his Radian, and we'll let the 'gator out.
Should do the trick.
olthump is offline Find More Posts by olthump
Old Jan 10, 2012, 06:09 PM
Bay Area Prop Buster
Bay Area CA
Joined Jan 2011
3,966 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by olthump View Post
Mac,

When I was a kid, we made shoulder-launched, Estes rocket bazookas. Oughta take out a radian.

Or Lee and I could pull up to his flightline position widda 'gator ina back seat.

Throw a few steaks in the back of his truck when he's busy with his Radian, and we'll let the 'gator out.
Should do the trick.
Isn't that technique called "Gator-aid"?
Bluhammer is online now Find More Posts by Bluhammer
Old Jan 10, 2012, 06:42 PM
Fly em if ya got em.
Winder Ga
Joined Sep 2008
11,943 Posts
hahahahahahahahahaha. Awesomness
Old Jan 10, 2012, 07:15 PM
Fly em if ya got em.
Winder Ga
Joined Sep 2008
11,943 Posts
Man, I am just finishing off another scratch build. hahahaha. This one is not gonna fly. I just did it for the fun of it. Had the scrap foam I was gonna throw away anyway. It is tiny. Palm sized. I doubt a rx would fit on it. Especially if I was to try to put a motor on it too. hahaha. The control rods would have to be like 3 or 4 inches long. Talk about a micro. ahahahahahahahaha. Heck, I might just try to make it fly anyway. Sure would be a challenge. I need a tiny air hogs motor. Hmmmm. I think I have one somewhere. Oooo, I got a really tiny prop and spinner!!! This might work. muhahahaha (mad scientist) with (maniacle laughter).
Old Jan 10, 2012, 08:24 PM
Joined Nov 2011
244 Posts
Know what I use for bird hunting? Shotgun. 12 gauge, NO. 6 shot. Should work fine on that jerk's airplane. LOL unless it is on school property. Thennnnn........not.
Old Jan 10, 2012, 08:35 PM
If it spins, wear it.
Northern Nevada
Joined Jan 2011
2,255 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by leethetreeguy View Post
I think I would have pulled a weapon and sam'd that radian out of the sky. Big as they are, I bet I could have hit it. Hey, that gives me an idea. Muhahaha
LOL, we think that way out West too, just not too far West (Californica)
whirlcap is offline Find More Posts by whirlcap