SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jun 25, 2011, 10:13 AM
United States, NC
Joined Feb 2011
1,903 Posts
Fishy, which keychain cam is that?
is it 720p?

Nice dive, you probably were going 50mph.
Viper82 is offline Find More Posts by Viper82
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 25, 2011, 10:52 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Oct 2006
5,302 Posts
fishycomics is offline Find More Posts by fishycomics
Last edited by fishycomics; Nov 13, 2011 at 05:16 PM.
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Jun 25, 2011, 01:11 PM
Champs Anonymous Member
United States, MD, Bel Air
Joined Mar 2011
618 Posts
Man, everyone must be out flying..

So far so good, winds arent around *knocks on wood*. But still an hour of work left...
GJOsik is offline Find More Posts by GJOsik
Old Jun 25, 2011, 02:03 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Oct 2006
5,302 Posts
Old Jun 25, 2011, 02:08 PM
Future Pilot
Canada
Joined Apr 2011
1,573 Posts
Sorry guys, been MIA for a while. Will be for longer. Working on a scratch T-28 Can;t resist guys, especially after GJO got it! Congrats dude!!

I'll check back in a couple of hours. Not flying weather here though.
astronaut is offline Find More Posts by astronaut
Old Jun 25, 2011, 02:50 PM
CRASH, FIX, REPEAT
United States, KY, Bardstown
Joined Apr 2010
933 Posts
Well Blu, the car didnt run very well. If it wasnt the carb it was the throttle linkage, then the batt. then the front brake lock. Sounds like the planes huh. Every run we did fixed one thing but broke something else. But we got it home in one piece and just like the planes, thats what counts!
Jim
helibard is offline Find More Posts by helibard
Old Jun 25, 2011, 03:16 PM
Champs Anonymous Member
Joined Mar 2011
618 Posts
Found an awesome video of a SC on floats... probably the best video ive seen. I want to do this from a car...

Parkzone T-28 with Floats (6 min 2 sec)

Haha thanks Astro, hope youre build is working out. Looking forward to seeing some pictures. Still a little breezy to maiden the T, would probably do fine but i dont want to risk it.

Oh well, mind as well go mow..
Old Jun 25, 2011, 04:57 PM
Champs Anonymous Member
Joined Mar 2011
618 Posts
Well after 12 hours of work, only 7 of which were paid, and a very long time grounded, I think I am due for a flight. A maiden flight!

Packs are charging, wish me luck guys.

Im not going to take a video because I dont have a hatcam set up yet, and I dont want to be to focused on the camera and let'er get away from me and plus Im racing against a storm
Old Jun 25, 2011, 05:36 PM
Joined Jun 2011
153 Posts
good luck and come back with the story and an intact plane!
apothecarion is offline Find More Posts by apothecarion
Old Jun 25, 2011, 05:37 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Oct 2006
5,302 Posts
Old Jun 25, 2011, 06:03 PM
Flyin' low & slow T-28s!
United States, FL, Vero Beach
Joined Feb 2011
3,324 Posts
Go get 'em, Geoff!
Have a blast, brother!
MaladroitFL is offline Find More Posts by MaladroitFL
Old Jun 25, 2011, 06:06 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Oct 2006
5,302 Posts
Old Jun 25, 2011, 06:27 PM
Champs Anonymous Member
Joined Mar 2011
618 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fishycomics View Post
1. Storm brings Wind

2. Not the correct t time to fly

3. and for it sounds like you are to ancious.

that means fly anotehr time.

One to many times we rush to fly, and it's the wrong time. take thtime, to fly, don't fly because you have no time.
There's always tomorrow, for some.
Turns out they were just some funny looking clouds, we always get them around here.

OHH MAN

Just got back from putting 4 packs through the lil T!
Prior to flight I did the whole control suface check, made sure they were all moving and everything. They were all good to go out of the box except for the elevator. It came from the factory pretty up and full down trim didnt do the trick so I pinched the U-bend and it looked ok.

Got to the field, tossed er up and away she went. AND SHE WENT!!! At WOT the T is squirelly and FAAAAAST as . She shot out and started climbing extremely fast and doing a bit of purpoising. Appearently when I plugged the pack in the servo twitched and bumped the elevator back up. Im going to have to move it up a hole.

Started out with the stock 120mah pack and it does the job well. No need to dive and loop, she does it from level flight. Put my TP 160 in and she really zapped through the air and climbed hard and fast. Then came my Hyp 160's. Long story short, they are basically superchargers for the entire plane. She climbed vertical and dove extremely fast.

Aerobatics are extremely easy on the T. Loops from level flights. Barrel rolls are loose and she drops but she gets it around pretty quick. Then I pulled full left rudder and full left aileron and she REALLY whipped it around. Then comes inverted flight....my favorite thing to do now!

With the T inverted flight is "as easy as 1 2 3". Just pull back, once she got upside I started applying some down, or up, whaever way you want to think of it until she stayed level. After I got the touch down for it, I was doing short inverted circuits. WHAT A BLAST!

Only had one mishap the entire time. I was coming out of being inverted and nose dove her straight into the ground. No damage done! Picked her up, and tossed her again.

THEN I NOTICED MY PACK WAS HANGING OUT
I immedietly turned her back around and set her down. Stupid mistake on my part, that I didnt notice it before. She didnt really seem to mind but it freaked me out.

The only bad thing I have to say is that I think I flew the entirety of all 4 packs on one leg or the other. Stupid mosquitos were having me for dinnner and I was constantly itching one shin with the other foot. Now I know how Astro feels. I probably looked stupid to the people on their back deck watching me. Which was pretty cool lol

Even though I had the gear off and was belly landing her, I feel like she will be alot easier to land for real then the champ.

Oh and of course I did some low and and slow!

My conclusion from the maiden is this: At WOT the T is fast as a get out, and a wee bit squirrely. (Maybe because I was on high rates and a champ tx, it also didnt occur to me to try low rates. I forgot. Oops lol). The T handles like a fighter jet. Aerobatics are "easy" and quick. She is a floater, but not as "floaty" like the champ. When throttle is cut she comes in steep then levels out. Once speed drops she dives again. Anyone who says that once you get the champ down you can handle the T, is absolutely right. She seems to be as durable as the champ as long as you dont hit the sketchy wings on something unforgiving. Like a tree lol

I think thats it! Maybe tomorrow I can get my girlfriend to film me, or I can setup a hatcam and use it on thursday. Cant wait till next time.
Last edited by GJOsik; Jun 25, 2011 at 06:49 PM.
Old Jun 25, 2011, 07:18 PM
United States, NC
Joined Feb 2011
1,903 Posts
Very cool man, Like'n them ailerons huh?
Congrats on a successful maiden. It's always a relief for me.

T-45 came today, almost done putting it together. It'll be ready for tomorrow
Viper82 is offline Find More Posts by Viper82
Old Jun 25, 2011, 07:34 PM
Champs Anonymous Member
Joined Mar 2011
618 Posts
Oh yeah, I love me some aierlons!

Is the t45 the one from NP from a few pages back? I'm on my phone and its too much of a pain to check.