SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jun 24, 2011, 12:46 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Oct 2006
5,302 Posts
fishycomics is offline Find More Posts by fishycomics
Last edited by fishycomics; Nov 13, 2011 at 06:15 PM.
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 24, 2011, 03:54 PM
Champs Anonymous Member
United States, MD, Bel Air
Joined Mar 2011
618 Posts
Viper, that's really cool you breed dogs. I actualy work with dogs about 40 hours a week, actually working right now lol a lot easier then working with people that's for sure.

Sorry to hear about that pup, but I'm glad you ttook that snake out. Those things are nasty and their venom eats flesh right??

Astro, piranahs are real neat but if you were to get one you would need to get a few aand a pretty large tank and a bunch of feeder fish.

Just found out the next day I have off is Thursday so if that t28 is waiting for me its gonna have to wait until then to get in the air. Ugh.
GJOsik is offline Find More Posts by GJOsik
Old Jun 24, 2011, 04:50 PM
United States, NC
Joined Feb 2011
1,903 Posts
Yea man, "removed" 3 from our property last year. Haven't seen any yet this year. Seen a king snake tho, so maybe he is eating them

NC leads the nation in copperhead bites.

Timber rattler info. Mean looking beast...
Viper82 is offline Find More Posts by Viper82
Old Jun 24, 2011, 05:13 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Oct 2006
5,302 Posts
Old Jun 24, 2011, 05:18 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Oct 2006
5,302 Posts
Old Jun 24, 2011, 05:19 PM
Flyin' low & slow T-28s!
United States, FL, Vero Beach
Joined Feb 2011
3,326 Posts
Earlier today I flew the Champ, flew the T-28 and Corsair, then broke out the Big Girl and flew her for 3 lipos. On the final lipo I barely made it in! Had to drop flaps to keep her "lofty". The prop was spinning but zero thrust.

She hit the pavement with a BANG! No damage 'cept the usual bent front gear shaft.

THEN....(Viper knows about this)....
I decided that my 800mm P-51 Mustang was going to fly!!
Too much dilly-dallying and acting like a chicken. Sure, she's crashed about 7-8 times... but I felt good about it and so I went back out.

Man, was that plane fast, smooth and really neat-looking in the sky! I had her up about 200 feet and she was just a blast to fly.

Anyway, I was told that they don;t really "glide in" so I came in hot and steep. She slammed the ground hard...spinner went off to parts unknown and a servo stripped on the Rt. aileron.
I found a crack later, no biggie though. But I FINALLY got a flight in with an Airfield 800mm warbird!
MaladroitFL is offline Find More Posts by MaladroitFL
Old Jun 24, 2011, 07:18 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Oct 2006
5,302 Posts
Old Jun 24, 2011, 07:32 PM
Champs Anonymous Member
Joined Mar 2011
618 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fishycomics View Post
Illegal to have , and am sure they are goingto be in your region soon Parianah that is (spell me, to lazy to correct)
I'm not sure if they are or not. You can find a bunch of videos on youtube with people having them in persona living room aquariums. I'm sure you can get them at a reptile expo, especially ones in pennsylvania like the one I went to. PA has few regulations when it comes to animas. It is LEGAL to own and sell venomous snakes and crocs and aligators in PA. I could have came home with a gaboon viper and a 3 foot juvi croc for $500. I think it is legal as well in Florida because of Glades Herp Farm. The probem for you astro is getting it back across the border lol.

Congrats on getting that 'stang up there Mac. That thing sure has given you some grief hasn't it?

Ooh and I switched my hours on Sunday so I get off at 6, hopefully the wind cooperates...just excited haha
Old Jun 24, 2011, 08:32 PM
So broke I can't pay attention
Naples FL USA
Joined Mar 2009
490 Posts
I like this thread, so many interesting things have come up. I love my Champ, since being laid off work a while ago, my RC hobby budget has taken a back seat, I started scratchbuilding 4X4 scale RC trucks a few years ago and had to shelve the projects I was working on, but the little Champ has kept my interest and provided lots of enjoyment. I hope to be working again soon and then I can dust off the trucks and get back to some more fun.
I built a little workshop that is used as a backdrop for pics of my projects.
caymin last is offline Find More Posts by caymin last
Old Jun 25, 2011, 12:19 AM
Bay Area Prop Buster
Bay Area CA
Joined Jan 2011
4,014 Posts
Hey Ridge! Blu here. I'm sorry I didn't reach out tonight for some Phoenix sim time but I got home and the wife and I shared a rather large bottle of Pinot Gregio, burp, and a nice dinner and one thing lead to another so the only flying tonight will not be on a computer . Rain check buddy?
Blu
Bluhammer is online now Find More Posts by Bluhammer
Old Jun 25, 2011, 01:55 AM
Champs Anonymous Member
Joined Mar 2011
618 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluhammer View Post
Hey Ridge! Blu here. I'm sorry I didn't reach out tonight for some Phoenix sim time but I got home and the wife and I shared a rather large bottle of Pinot Gregio, burp, and a nice dinner and one thing lead to another so the only flying tonight will not be on a computer . Rain check buddy?
Blu
Mike Posner - Bow Chicka Wow Wow ft. Lil Wayne (4 min 6 sec)
hehe

ITS HERE!!!

The girlfriend was too excited about getting her gift that she wanted to exchange tonight! Its here its here its here its heeeeeeeere! I got home about an hour ago, got her bound, got all control surfaces ready to go!

Had a little trouble binding it to my champ tx because I was pushing the right stick in, turns out I needed to use the left stick...duhhh. I was getting worked up to be honest.

As long as wind has been like it has, maiden will be tomorrow late afternoon/evening! Wish me luck.

All the T-28 owners in here, what do I need to know? Gotta work early and can't stay up to read that HUGE thread!
Old Jun 25, 2011, 07:15 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Oct 2006
5,302 Posts
Old Jun 25, 2011, 08:31 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Oct 2006
5,302 Posts
Old Jun 25, 2011, 10:44 AM
So broke I can't pay attention
Naples FL USA
Joined Mar 2009
490 Posts
That's pretty wild Fishy, my heart skipped a beat when you took that dive, nice vid!
caymin last is offline Find More Posts by caymin last
Old Jun 25, 2011, 11:10 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Oct 2006
5,302 Posts
Last edited by fishycomics; Nov 13, 2011 at 06:16 PM.