HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jun 23, 2011, 10:13 PM
Flyin' low & slow T-28s!
United States, FL, Vero Beach
Joined Feb 2011
3,324 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ridgewalker View Post
Just watched your vid mac..Nice flybys!!...what's the w/s on that one?

And it really climbs well...so quiet on the flybys.

Ridgewalker
It's a 55-inch wing (i.e. 1400mm). It has a nice fat CF spar that runs through 60% of the span and connects the 2 sides.

I was racing the oncoming semi trucks and beating them -- the speed limit is 65 on the main road there.
MaladroitFL is offline Find More Posts by MaladroitFL
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 23, 2011, 10:28 PM
The lunatic is on the grass
Joined Aug 2008
4,918 Posts
55'' that is a "Big Girl"..lol

The S/C is 42''iirc and that seems big to me.lol

Is it foam construction...i would be a bit nervous of crashing it if it is balsa.

Nice dragons!
How old are they..

They are cool creatures!!!

Ridgewalker
ridgewalker is offline Find More Posts by ridgewalker
Last edited by ridgewalker; Jun 15, 2012 at 01:48 PM.
Old Jun 23, 2011, 10:29 PM
Champs Anonymous Member
United States, MD, Bel Air
Joined Mar 2011
618 Posts
Since the first plane I flew was a 4ch, 'The Big Girl', I know what to expect from a 4ch. After flying the T-28 for a solid week or two, Im gonna fix the big lady up and get her up. I think Ill be more comfortable with 4ch after flying the T.

One more day guys...

Thats awesome Ridge! I have a buddy who took an old deli display case stood it up right and made his iguana housing out of that. It looks awesome. Another friend of mine has a Nile Monitor as well and that thing is mean as all get out! I got to watch him feed him a live mouse once and it bashed it up against the glass and everything. I think I even have a picture of him latched onto my buddies finger. And I got him at about a month old back in august so in July hell be 1 year. I dont see him getting much bigger. The biggest they get is 24 and mines sitting heft at 19 inches. I let mine run around on my bed and on the floor. He likes to hop onto my laptop and hang on the screen like you saw. He would eat any bug that moves but hes kept to meal worms and superworms. And he gets kale everyday. And of course eats it all. My cat and him have intense stare downs at times and actually my cat has started to pull the screen out of the lid by laying on it... got a video coming for ya. Oh yeah, the ST is EPO lol

Here ya go, I just took it with my phone so that should explaine the quality, kinda cool. Since I hand feed him alot everytime I put my hand in he tries to stick me lol

Digi having a snack (1 min 6 sec)
GJOsik is offline Find More Posts by GJOsik
Last edited by GJOsik; Jun 23, 2011 at 11:22 PM.
Old Jun 23, 2011, 10:33 PM
Bay Area Prop Buster
Bay Area CA
Joined Jan 2011
3,985 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GJOsik View Post
Since the first plane I flew was a 4ch, 'The Big Girl', I know what to expect from a 4ch. After flying the T-28 for a solid week or two, Im gonna fix the big lady up and get her up. I think Ill be more comfortable with 4ch after flying the T.

One more day guys...
Nothing much better then the high of getting a new plane, oh boy!
Blu
Bluhammer is offline Find More Posts by Bluhammer
Old Jun 23, 2011, 10:49 PM
Champs Anonymous Member
Joined Mar 2011
618 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluhammer View Post
Nothing much better then the high of getting a new plane, oh boy!
Blu
Yeah but the problem is I have 15 hours of work between now and saturday when its time to do a gifts lol. And it came with a price...a trip to the jewelry store

And once I get a plane to fly ill make a hat cam and be able to take some videos and actually contribute haha
Last edited by GJOsik; Jun 23, 2011 at 11:01 PM.
Old Jun 23, 2011, 11:29 PM
Joined Aug 2008
4,918 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GJOsik View Post

One more day guys...

Thats awesome Ridge! I have a buddy who took an old deli display case stood it up right and made his iguana housing out of that. It looks awesome. Another friend of mine has a Nile Monitor as well and that thing is mean as all get out! I got to watch him feed him a live mouse once and it bashed it up against the glass and everything. I think I even have a picture of him latched onto my buddies finger. And I got him at about a month old back in august so in July hell be 1 year. I dont see him getting much bigger. The biggest they get is 24 and mines sitting heft at 19 inches. I let mine run around on my bed and on the floor. He likes to hop onto my laptop and hang on the screen like you saw. He would eat any bug that moves but hes kept to meal worms and superworms. And he gets kale everyday. And of course eats it all. My cat and him have intense stare downs at times and actually my cat has started to pull the screen out of the lid by laying on it... got a video coming for ya

Here ya go, I just took it with my phone so that should explaine the quality, kinda cool. Since I hand feed him alot everytime I put my hand in he tries to stick me lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sTxaJrRsD04

Thanks for taking the time to do that video!!

He thinks your thumb is a big worm!..lol
Look at him all tall and scary looking!!..lol

Ridgewalker
Last edited by ridgewalker; Jun 15, 2012 at 01:49 PM.
Old Jun 24, 2011, 02:25 AM
Champs Anonymous Member
Joined Mar 2011
618 Posts
Sure thing man, I like showing him off. They are a unique thing to see and interact with. Whenever I put my hand in his tank he thinks he is getting fed, which is usually the case. It might take him a couple times to realize I dont have food. And when I take his dish out he knows hes getting food so he hops down from his basking log. And ugh, crickets. I went through a box of 500 every week and a half from the time he was about one month till about 6 months and they stunk so I moved straight to worms. Much easier.

Beardies arent mean at all, its wierd to say but they almost have thier own personality. Everyone in a while Ill take him out when he doesnt want to be out and hell puff up at me with a jet black beard. But he has never bitten me or anything.

If I can get away with it, my next one is going to be a black and white argentine tegu. Those things are awesome.

Well guys, in a little over 36 hours, I should have a t-28 lol
Old Jun 24, 2011, 04:49 AM
Flyin' low & slow T-28s!
Joined Feb 2011
3,324 Posts
The Carnage Continues...

My dog is finally coming around and trying to get up and walk. He's been down for 2 weeks and has lost a lot of his leg strength and I don;t know how to get him up and walking again. He needs rehab therapy!

My bad: Yesterday, I put him on a blanket and carried him out back so he could do his bid-ness. I didn't see the red ant mound next to him because it was under the grass. When I went out to get him a half-hour later, he had rolled away from those nasty ants, but they had attacked him and were all in his belly fur and under his tail.
I was so PO'd at myself!!!
I frantically called Karen to come out and help me. We got him on the patio and we each got stung about 5-6 times each while we picked those lil' bass--turds out of his fur.
Then we washed him with a lot of soap & water and toweled him off. He seemed fine - almost resilient - while Karen and I have been itchin' like crazy for the last 20+ hours.
Needless to say, I had revenge on my mind as I dumped an entire cup of red ant killer on that mound and then put the hose on it so the poisoned water would seep down inside and kill their queen red ant be-yotch.

Then the heat got so bad (94º) that our AC units decided to go on vacation.
The inside temperature of our house quickly shot into the 80s. So I had to call for an AC tech to come out. All he found was a burned out breaker on both air handlers. But those breakers and the diagnostics put me out $150!
That woulda bought a nice, new PZ T-28D! HA HA!

We also had a huge brush fire and a fatality that shutdown Interstate 95 for a good part of the day. So it was impossible for me to get from my house to the big CVS flying field.

Plus a kid got attacked by a shark over in Pensacola.
(When I worked on the BP Oil Spill clean-up over there, we used to watch 4-6 foot sharks cruise by in small packs every day @ 11-noon - like clockwork. They don't tell the tourists about this little habit the sharks have! )

You might be wondering why I'm posting-away at 5AM?
Well, I found out that a bunch of guys go over the Riverside Park on Friday mornings to fly RC planes. But because it's only a block from the Atlantic shore, they go early before the winds arrive.
So I have my lipos all charged-up and the 55" Cessna "Big Girl" has been checked out and ready to go!
If it's too crowded, I'll just shoot across town to the CVS field where the Rotorhead dude will be waiting for some company.

Okay, enough babbling -- gotta get ready to fly. Literally.

Mac
Old Jun 24, 2011, 05:16 AM
Super Man's cousin! No cape!
Australia, New South Wales, Wangi Wangi
Joined Sep 2010
479 Posts
Went out flying today, with some of my students (I fly, and also teach others too aswell) and took out my FMS Spitfire, Mustang, BF-109, Stuka and my J3 Cub. All my micro's were flown, and one kid crashed my little champ, and what was left was the electronics. Replacement airframe, sounds lovely!
Ultra_Spitfire is offline Find More Posts by Ultra_Spitfire
Old Jun 24, 2011, 07:24 AM
Future Pilot
Canada
Joined Apr 2011
1,573 Posts
Nice pets all. Boy you guys have some amazing critters around the house.

I always wanted a snake Or piranhas! Dude, those things are so cool - albeit extremely dangerous!
astronaut is offline Find More Posts by astronaut
Old Jun 24, 2011, 07:40 AM
United States, NC
Joined Feb 2011
1,903 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by astronaut View Post
Nice pets all. Boy you guys have some amazing critters around the house.

I always wanted a snake Or piranhas! Dude, those things are so cool - albeit extremely dangerous!
I had a 4' ball python, for 2 weeks. He was pretty cool until he tried to bite me... which wasn't cool, so he was sold. One of my crazy redneck friends caught a timber rattlesnake last year. He raises chickens, so he had the bright idea of feeding it a baby chick, dropped it into the cage and it instantly struck with deadly precision. Chick was dead in about 20 seconds. Didn't eat it tho... I really don't know the point of this story...

Uh, watch out for rattlesnakes.... I breed dogs, and had a rattler come up to the kennel, and bite a puppy that was inside of the cage, I guess it stuck its head out to sniff the snake when it was bitten. Died about 30 minutes later but so did the snake
Viper82 is offline Find More Posts by Viper82
Old Jun 24, 2011, 08:13 AM
Flyin' low & slow T-28s!
Joined Feb 2011
3,324 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Viper82 View Post
I had a 4' ball python, for 2 weeks. He was pretty cool until he tried to bite me... which wasn't cool, so he was sold. One of my crazy redneck friends caught a timber rattlesnake last year. He raises chickens, so he had the bright idea of feeding it a baby chick, dropped it into the cage and it instantly struck with deadly precision. Chick was dead in about 20 seconds. Didn't eat it tho... I really don't know the point of this story...

Uh, watch out for rattlesnakes.... I breed dogs, and had a rattler come up to the kennel, and bite a puppy that was inside of the cage, I guess it stuck its head out to sniff the snake when it was bitten. Died about 30 minutes later but so did the snake
What breed of dog(s)?
Old Jun 24, 2011, 08:59 AM
United States, NC
Joined Feb 2011
1,903 Posts
Just labradoodles @ the moment.

This is Vader, he is a F-2 (doodle to doodle) He goes everywhere with me. This pic isn't up to date. He is bigger now, and has had his summer hair cut.
You'll see him wander around in my videos. Very smart dogs....

I don't own his dad, just his mom. She is peddler, 6 year old F-1. (lab to poodle)

Old Jun 24, 2011, 11:03 AM
Joined Aug 2008
4,918 Posts
@Viper82
Never heard or seen a labradoodle before.
What is that crossbreed known for?
Must be pretty smart..poodles are smart and so are labs...how about their fur...is it the kind people are not allergic to?

Champ....

Today i will try and get the stock motor back in the champ...again
Already installed it once after removing the brushless...but did not add enough right thrust and it didn't fly very well...plus all the hot glue.

And there are no bare fuselages in stock at any lhs around..HH says out of stock till july...time to get the dremel out and try and get that hot glue out of there!..lol

@Mac,
I have been bitten all over my feet and lower legs by fire ants before.....i feel bad for you pooch...hope you killed those little sob's!!
Saw the fires on the news,tough job those firefighter have in that heat...don't know how they do it.

Hope you are able to get some video this morning!

Ridgewalker
Old Jun 24, 2011, 11:40 AM
United States, NC
Joined Feb 2011
1,903 Posts
Known for? Laying around, not chasing the ball when it's hot, sleeping all day, chasing birds, squirrels, and rabbits. Stuff like that They are good therapy dogs, and dogs to have around kids. Just a pet..

You can get some crazy hair styles when breeding them, I had one that was chocolate with a wool type hair. Kinda like a afro, on a lab
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Labradoodle

Poodles don't shed and are hypoallergenic. Labs are the opposite. So its kind of a crap shoot.