SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jun 23, 2011, 08:59 PM
Flyin' low & slow T-28s!
United States, FL, Vero Beach
Joined Feb 2011
3,324 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by astronaut View Post
Nice video mac, really liked the landing at the end!

Very cool video editing too, you're a pro!

BTW, was that your neighbor in some shots? The guy with the Hellcat and addiction to high flying?
Thanks, guys. It's a nice plane and is great in the wind as well.

The guy in the video is a rotor-head who is there every morning with his 4 helis. Nice guy.
MaladroitFL is offline Find More Posts by MaladroitFL
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 23, 2011, 09:00 PM
Future Pilot
Canada
Joined Apr 2011
1,573 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ridgewalker View Post
I got to the field and the rain started up...so back home i went!..lol

And started up the flight sim...been flying online for a bit and figured if any of you guys had the phoenix flight sim we could fly!

I have been hosting a flying session..planes only called "Champsters (thanks to lee for that name!)...but i only had it set up for 3 people..lol

I left and someone else was hosting it...but it's easy to start another one..

Ridgewalker
That sounds pretty cool! I have microsoft flight simulator, I don't know if you guys use that. I'm downloading the demo of Phoenix, can we play online with that? Sounds like fun!

LOL Mac, rotor head.
astronaut is offline Find More Posts by astronaut
Old Jun 23, 2011, 09:10 PM
The lunatic is on the grass
Joined Aug 2008
4,918 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by astronaut View Post
That sounds pretty cool! I have microsoft flight simulator, I don't know if you guys use that. I'm downloading the demo of Phoenix, can we play online with that? Sounds like fun!

LOL Mac, rotor head.
I don't know if you can go online with the demo version...did you get a cord figured out for the tx?

Mac....Have you had any luck with the big T-28 yet?

Ridgewalker
ridgewalker is offline Find More Posts by ridgewalker
Old Jun 23, 2011, 09:16 PM
Bay Area Prop Buster
Bay Area CA
Joined Jan 2011
3,983 Posts
Ridge I got da Phoenix, what's up?
Bluhammer is offline Find More Posts by Bluhammer
Old Jun 23, 2011, 09:20 PM
Joined Aug 2008
4,918 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluhammer View Post
Ridge I got da Phoenix, what's up?
Just seeing if anyone had it and flew online because i was flying online for the past hour or so...and then it dawned on me that it would be cool to fly with you guys.lol

I was hosting a session because all the others were either password protected or they were flying helis..so i started my own for planes only but mistakenly only set it for 3 players so i left the session..lol

Ridgewalker
Old Jun 23, 2011, 09:21 PM
Future Pilot
Canada
Joined Apr 2011
1,573 Posts
I'm ordering the cable. It's going to take forever to get here, but until then I have my joystick and keyboard. Lame I know...
astronaut is offline Find More Posts by astronaut
Old Jun 23, 2011, 09:22 PM
United States, NC
Joined Feb 2011
1,903 Posts
I'll have Phoenix in a few days.

Is it fun online Ridge? I think it will pay for it's self on rainy windy days....
Viper82 is offline Find More Posts by Viper82
Old Jun 23, 2011, 09:24 PM
Joined Aug 2008
4,918 Posts
Your going to love the phoenix sim...i think it is pretty cool.
You can set the weather conditions,fly a bunch of different planes and helis and a good number of different flying sites to choose from.

You can set expo and everything on the program..it's cool!

Ridgewalker
Old Jun 23, 2011, 09:25 PM
Bay Area Prop Buster
Bay Area CA
Joined Jan 2011
3,983 Posts
Maybe I can hook up with u tomorrow afternoon, will be out of town all weekend
Blu

Astro, it's really fun buzzing Stonehenge in a big T-28
Old Jun 23, 2011, 09:34 PM
Joined Aug 2008
4,918 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Viper82 View Post
I'll have Phoenix in a few days.

Is it fun online Ridge? I think it will pay for it's self on rainy windy days....
Yeah it is fun online and just on your own as well.

Like today...went to fly and the rain started up..so i went home and flew for an hour on the flight sim...also tried out my long stick extensions using the sim..it was cool!

I got it because at the time it was winter and i couldn't fly so the simm helped.
But i also had a 450 heli that i though i wanted to fly...then i tried it on the sim ..the t rex 450 sev2 and it was hard!!..thats when i realized that planes were way more relaxing to fly for me anyway.

For that alone the sim saved me $$....by not flying that heli and destroying it!..lol

Plus i have been flying the big parkzone T-28 and Bf-109..practicing 4 ch planes...and i feel it helped me to fly the um t-28 as far as stick movements.

If i set the throttle at 1/2 on the sim and fly the t-28 it feels just like the day i had the maiden flight.

The Bf-109 can torque roll on take off and having the sim it's alright to crash and try again...by the way the Bf-109 on the sim is a nice flying plane.

Ridgewalker
Old Jun 23, 2011, 09:37 PM
Joined Aug 2008
4,918 Posts
Quote:
Maybe I can hook up with u tomorrow afternoon, will be out of town all weekend
Blu

Astro, it's really fun buzzing Stonehenge in a big T-28
I'll be here..lol

Today i was flying at the sand bar and flying under the pier and then trying to come back under it as well...couldn't make it back through..lol

The sight at the coast up on the cliff...i also fly down through the...hole..lol..in the cliff and pull up soon as i get through and bring it back around...good fun!

Ridgewalker
Old Jun 23, 2011, 09:41 PM
Joined Aug 2008
4,918 Posts
Just went and flew at stone henge (near) and that is a nice flying sight!

Never tried that one before!..lol

Ridgewalker
Old Jun 23, 2011, 09:54 PM
Bay Area Prop Buster
Bay Area CA
Joined Jan 2011
3,983 Posts
Quote:
Just went and flew at stone henge (near) and that is a nice flying sight!

Never tried that one before!..lol

Ridgewalker
Now you got me jazzed! I never noticed piers and things to fly under and thru? I don't use it that often as I love the real thing so much more. To me my goal is to hook up with someone local to fly with. A little formation flying, chit chat, etc.
Blu
Old Jun 23, 2011, 10:10 PM
Joined Aug 2008
4,918 Posts
Quote:
Now you got me jazzed! I never noticed piers and things to fly under and thru? I don't use it that often as I love the real thing so much more. To me my goal is to hook up with someone local to fly with. A little formation flying, chit chat, etc.
Blu
Yes the real thing is always much better
But when it rains and i get a craving to fly sometimes i end up using it and trying to do things i would never do with a real plane..i been flying through the two stone pillers on the left in the stone henge sight ever since you mentioned it!..lol

Benn trying to land on top of the big stones with the T-28...so far no dice!..lol..but it is fun trying!

The cub on floats is fun to fly,i chech for updates every week or so and have updated the version many time..you have to do that to play online,you need the latest version...takes about 2 min to download and update...you can also get updated flying sites and new models when the have them..for free of course!

I never used the chat feature and if i fly with to many other flyers it makes my view of the place start acting up...going slow motion..and then i can't fly right..probably my video card.

Ridgewalker
Old Jun 23, 2011, 10:10 PM
Champs Anonymous Member
United States, MD, Bel Air
Joined Mar 2011
618 Posts
Quote:
Just watched your vid mac..Nice flybys!!...what's the w/s on that one?

And it really climbs well...so quiet on the flybys.

Ridgewalker
Its 55inches. Thats why I call her the 'The Big Girl'. Mac has the 3 blade version with lights and flaps, and I have the 2 blade version no lights/flaps.

The one time when I actually go to fly her, and my first rc flight, was awesome. Of course being a noob I had her on WOT sometime and she ripped straight through the sky but I mainly kept her at half. I took her off in about 10 feet, I punched it lol.

I only have the FMS sim that I bought from NP when I got the ST. Its alot of fun and alot of computer guys have created alot of different planes for it. I even downloaded the NASA solar powerd glider that went around the planet. Whenever I go to my LHS I always play around on the RealFlight. That is one awesome sim with so many planes. But I think it pushes like 250 smack-a-roos.
GJOsik is offline Find More Posts by GJOsik
Last edited by GJOsik; Jun 23, 2011 at 10:18 PM.