HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 29, 2011, 12:05 AM
Big Jim
United States, ID, Mountain Home
Joined Jun 2011
2,958 Posts
Great Vid

The Goose got goosed, tooo funny. Watching the Jug and the adventure you are providing us, gives me a real heads up when I start to fly the Big Boys.
Great Job Blu
RTF Thumper is offline Find More Posts by RTF Thumper
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 29, 2011, 01:30 AM
Bay Area Prop Buster
Bay Area CA
Joined Jan 2011
3,985 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by helibard View Post
Well RTF heres my old nitro planes. Yellow in a Great Planes PT-40 trainer, obvious with that much dihedral. Blue is for beginning acro (sort of like your big sitck). amd the ME-109 was a blast to fly. Dont know it those old servos are even compatable with modern elecs. Gonna take my time little here, little there, and dont know which one to try first. I'll let you guys know how it goes. Much too windy to fly Champ today 15-20mph. Can you tell I like the yellow and red scheme
No problem finding those babies in the sky! About how much do they weigh Jim?
Bluhammer is online now Find More Posts by Bluhammer
Old Aug 29, 2011, 04:33 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Oct 2006
5,302 Posts
fishycomics is offline Find More Posts by fishycomics
Last edited by fishycomics; Nov 20, 2011 at 05:55 PM.
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Aug 29, 2011, 12:20 PM
The lunatic is on the grass
Joined Aug 2008
4,918 Posts
The honkin' landing gave me a laugh as well

Ridgewalker
ridgewalker is offline Find More Posts by ridgewalker
Last edited by ridgewalker; Sep 08, 2012 at 10:34 PM.
Old Aug 29, 2011, 01:20 PM
CRASH, FIX, REPEAT
United States, KY, Bardstown
Joined Apr 2010
932 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluhammer View Post
No problem finding those babies in the sky! About how much do they weigh Jim?
Ya know, I have no idea yet. I used way too much glue on the Blue one and it is heavier than the bigger yellow one. Gonna need to find out before I order a motor.
helibard is offline Find More Posts by helibard
Old Aug 29, 2011, 03:06 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Oct 2006
5,302 Posts
Last edited by fishycomics; Nov 20, 2011 at 05:55 PM.
Old Aug 29, 2011, 06:10 PM
Big Jim
Joined Jun 2011
2,958 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fishycomics View Post
Well its a windy, and well I was dared from Alaska, to fly in it, but we all know Hurricane Irene is a gonna outa here, she left some gusts behind, not much, but enough for me to HIT THE AIR, with the Trogen T28, but Dam, I left the batts home, and had stock, that lil one. glad I fully charged it. I placed it in, went for a spin, I made sure I had my glasses on, the Sun recorders, and Hd cam on floor. hope I got footage, as always I forget to delete old files LOL.

I got height, I want more height, I want great height, only if She wants to go, the T28 will go, she is tricky to get her high, you have to build her, or fenice her in incriments, and that was what I did.

At one time I got her sweetly up there, and She WOOSSHHED by me like mac II heard a Boom.

I even was out of control, and never panic'ed, was invert to the tree and just responded with a stick move this way, that way, and I heard a SPIT- she reflected and missed those Huge arms reaching out. like a rebound shot. I hope again I got it all on film. I was CCC cool calm and collective, lets leave collective out of this. no peices to pick up, that is A plus for me LOL.

I am loving this T28, but its only sesson Four and that I have stepped up to the plate here. how sweet it is.

Said no flying, and I just needed a taiste. well enough said. wait for the vid. I think the Trojan was showing off out there
The T wil carry the 808, But COG is critical or she goes crazy in a hurry. If you are going to try go nose heavy, I went twords the tail and man did that suck, as I kept thinking I could save her got to 50 feet and it was cut the power and get out the tape lol
Old Aug 29, 2011, 06:32 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Oct 2006
5,302 Posts
Last edited by fishycomics; Nov 20, 2011 at 05:56 PM.
Old Aug 29, 2011, 06:38 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Oct 2006
5,302 Posts
Old Aug 29, 2011, 06:57 PM
Big Jim
Joined Jun 2011
2,958 Posts
My New Plane

Now I'm getting nervous
Old Aug 29, 2011, 07:06 PM
Bay Area Prop Buster
Bay Area CA
Joined Jan 2011
3,985 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fishycomics View Post
Orginal T28 Battery, I think I gotten Ten minuted out of her not hitting LVC, would that sound about right? The size is 120, lets not forget I turned on the cam adjusted, flew, crash two to three times and had a few walks to here. Then I got the add'l batts, 150. I may opt to place in the 240's.

If that is so, I am amazed of the power, and length I flew. I feel its a lot longer thaan the champs batt time, could this be possable due to different motors and esc if being the same or different?

Champ is a lighter plane, while T28 is heavier?
Actually what makes the difference is your flying. I use to get 8-10 minutes easily from my 150's, now because I fly almost WOT all the time, I maybe get 5-6. The T-28 makes you want to fly harder and better because it's so much fun.

Blu
Old Aug 29, 2011, 07:11 PM
Bay Area Prop Buster
Bay Area CA
Joined Jan 2011
3,985 Posts
Oh Boy Thumper! SWEET!
Nothing better (well maybe a few things) than getting a cool new plane. Can't wait to hear your review and some videos. Tare up the sky's.

Blu
Old Aug 29, 2011, 07:14 PM
Big Jim
Joined Jun 2011
2,958 Posts
Blue I get 6 min safe but after pushing hard on new stunts hit LVC at 5. So I agree 100% how you fly makes a diffrence. Also one of the 120 always played short. But 99% 6 min is safe
Old Aug 29, 2011, 07:18 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Oct 2006
5,302 Posts
Old Aug 29, 2011, 07:22 PM
Big Jim
Joined Jun 2011
2,958 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluhammer View Post
Oh Boy Thumper! SWEET!
Nothing better (well maybe a few things) than getting a cool new plane. Can't wait to hear your review and some videos. Tare up the sky's.

Blu
I think things will go OK, She is bound and op's check done all flight surfaces work, motor up to 50% check. Had noticed up deflection on elevator mechanical trimmed flat aircraft, was powered up and TX on trims at Zero. rudder had slight deflection to the left now straight. (pinched the loop on both)
made sure both wheels rolled with no interference ( snicker). But I watched your Vid and eliminated a possible issue (thanks blu)