SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jun 21, 2011, 08:51 PM
United States, KS, Junction City
Joined Aug 2008
209 Posts
Discussion
Need a .25 size high wing tail dragger, ideas?

Hi everybody, I am looking for a .25 size high wing tail dragger arf. The problem is I can only find tricycle set ups. Does anybody know where I can buy one from or have any suggestions? It has to be an arf, I currently don't have time to build a kit.
JKEP44 is offline Find More Posts by JKEP44
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 21, 2011, 09:08 PM
dusty bible = dirty life
Oklahoma City OK USA Where fakts still exist even if they are ignored
Joined Aug 2000
2,777 Posts
Sig Kadet LT 25
Majortomski is offline Find More Posts by Majortomski
Old Jun 22, 2011, 11:39 AM
Cub-O-Holic
Deltona, FL
Joined Dec 2006
587 Posts
Hobbico Superstar EP converted to glow? Like this one:
gluemaster is offline Find More Posts by gluemaster
Old Jun 22, 2011, 12:47 PM
USA, TX, Grapevine
Joined Dec 2008
13,099 Posts
You can leave the nose gear off and move the rear landing gear forward. You determine where you want the gear to be at and cut out the balsa and glue in a plywood mount for the landing gear. Then glue in some triangle stock on the inside of the fuse to help reinforce it. The drill the holes and mount the landing gear.
A good location is about in line with the leading edge of the wing or slightly back.
earlwb is offline Find More Posts by earlwb
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: My new Gaui X5 Rc Helicopter
Old Jun 22, 2011, 03:39 PM
Fueled by Arabica Beans
United States, NY, Syracuse
Joined Oct 2008
3,980 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by earlwb View Post
You can leave the nose gear off and move the rear landing gear forward. You determine where you want the gear to be at and cut out the balsa and glue in a plywood mount for the landing gear. Then glue in some triangle stock on the inside of the fuse to help reinforce it. The drill the holes and mount the landing gear.
A good location is about in line with the leading edge of the wing or slightly back.
That's what I'd do. Not a very difficult mod. you could really just cut out the existing block, notch the fuse further up to accomodate the gear, epoxy it in with some reinforcement and patch the hole that it leaves where it was originally located. With the proper tools and a couple small pieces of covering it could be done in under an hour, minus time for the glue to dry.
ChillPhatCat is online now Find More Posts by ChillPhatCat
Old Jun 24, 2011, 02:00 AM
United States, KS, Junction City
Joined Aug 2008
209 Posts
Thanks guys, that should be easy enough. Doing that opens up a lot of options.
JKEP44 is offline Find More Posts by JKEP44
Old Jun 25, 2011, 08:58 AM
foam gone wild!
United States, IN, Roanoke
Joined Apr 2011
162 Posts
earl and chill have the right idea one thing thats nice about that is you can re thing the landing gear ie lower, higher, wheels, wheel pants, CF, you name it.

-JB
jbrracer is offline Find More Posts by jbrracer