HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jun 23, 2011, 04:50 AM
Long to be flyin'
Wirral, (UK)
Joined Dec 2003
3,056 Posts
What happened?

I don't frequent the other place very often, usually just hang out here, can someone PM me a pointer to what happened over at the other place? Just curious and don't want to tread on any hidden forum mines!
Antonsoarer is offline Find More Posts by Antonsoarer
Last edited by Antonsoarer; Jun 23, 2011 at 04:59 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 23, 2011, 05:12 AM
Paul
Mold UK
Joined Apr 2005
123 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevepilot View Post
I managed to get some of fellow club mate's SR...It's very yellow! Plus his 4 metre Pilatus..both very fast, very smooth.The Stingray eerily silent.
I'll see your Stingray and Pilatus and raise you a Lunak and Swift!
Slopeangel is offline Find More Posts by Slopeangel
Old Jun 23, 2011, 07:26 AM
-----
Ireland, County Kerry, Kerry
Joined Dec 2005
6,930 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Antonsoarer View Post
I don't frequent the other place very often, usually just hang out here, can someone PM me a pointer to what happened over at the other place? Just curious and don't want to tread on any hidden forum mines!
In short, a very experienced and senior flier with years of well-meaning and thoughtful contributions to a forum was banned because he expressed an opinion that implied a questioning of the decisions of the forum owner (who had recently messed around with and rearranged the entire glider section of the forum without even warning - never mind consulting with - the then Glider moderator - i.e. me). The same owner also expressed a personal hostility to all glider members. We all left. End of story (except for Will Deighton, who says above it's all bs. That's fine Will, you just stay exactly where you are: I think that'd be the best ).
Woodstock 1 is offline Find More Posts by Woodstock 1
Old Jun 23, 2011, 07:37 AM
isoaritfirst
Not a Brummie/but close
Joined Sep 2005
1,403 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slopeangel View Post
I'll see your Stingray and Pilatus and raise you a Lunak and Swift!
Yes but this was no ordinary Stingray,

This was a M & W Stingray. whoops sorry that should be W & M Stingray....
isoaritfirst is offline Find More Posts by isoaritfirst
Old Jun 23, 2011, 07:39 AM
isoaritfirst
Not a Brummie/but close
Joined Sep 2005
1,403 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by wdeighton View Post
I know I always seem to be swimming agains the waters, but this is all a load of bs.

It will never be as it was. it will always be more fragmented.

Some times people just need to chill out, and go gliding.

Try BARCS Will. as another alternative.

See F3f Yahoo Groups for a more complete picture.
Old Jun 23, 2011, 09:53 AM
aka : SteveBB..
South Yorkshire,England
Joined May 2007
529 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by isoaritfirst View Post
Hi Steve,

Just a quick note to say that the Wolves Club have their Scale day on July 10th. It takes place on the Long Mynd, so probably best to try to avoid that weekend. No point in clashing.

Mike

Hi Mike,,

Our's is on the 23rd-24th July.. I posted the PDF with the details, in my previous post. http://ssaclub.co.uk
Stevepilot is offline Find More Posts by Stevepilot
Old Jun 23, 2011, 10:50 AM
Surrey, UK
Joined Mar 2003
388 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cvanscho View Post
In short, a very experienced and senior flier with years of well-meaning and thoughtful contributions to a forum was banned because he expressed an opinion that implied a questioning of the decisions of the forum owner (who had recently messed around with and rearranged the entire glider section of the forum without even warning - never mind consulting with - the then Glider moderator - i.e. me). The same owner also expressed a personal hostility to all glider members. We all left. End of story (except for Will Deighton, who says above it's all bs. That's fine Will, you just stay exactly where you are: I think that'd be the best ).
<sigh>

He wasn't banned, either permanently or temporarily. He got into an email argurment with the owner of the forum and it got a little intemperate. He then demanded that his account be deleted and flounced off. The owner of the forum has made it very clear that he wqan't banned and isn't banned, and would be welcome to rejoin at any time.

It was one of those times when bad-weather-induced bordom coincided with ratching ego syndrome to escalate a silly argument into a major handbag-swashing. It seems that some egos are too great to put it behind them and move on.

Such is life.

PDR
Peter D Rieden is offline Find More Posts by Peter D Rieden
Old Jun 23, 2011, 11:05 AM
isoaritfirst
Not a Brummie/but close
Joined Sep 2005
1,403 Posts
Sorry PDR that is not the case.
I was there!

If you are now seeing a different story from Wiz then ask yourself why£

Chris's account is almost completely accurate. I was sent a warning and my board was locked except back to the mods. I responded stating that I considered my post to be well meaning and appropriate.
To be told by Wiz that It was His board and that if I didn't like it I should leave.

There was no argument with Wiz. There was no discussion.

So I agreed to do just that and in doing so asked asked for my property back.

I was immediately banned any attempt to log in was met with a message that stated clearly and officiously that I was banned and that the ban would not be lifted.

Many people know the truth of this. Too late now to change the facts.

There is no Ego involved on my part in what has gone on since, purely a desire to find a new home.

I wish Wiz well with his Board, I am sure the power sections will continue to do well but it does not do what I what and therefore I will not be back.

There are other boards around which meet my needs much better.

BARCS is a glider only board, much more up my street. I only found it because I was pushed and I was pushed for no good reason.
Last edited by isoaritfirst; Jun 23, 2011 at 11:24 AM.
Old Jun 23, 2011, 12:26 PM
United Kingdom, Northallerton
Joined Nov 2005
41 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gunga100 View Post
Thanks for your 'light touch' moderating in the other place Chris.
+1

Steve (Steve J in the other place)
sxjack is offline Find More Posts by sxjack
Old Jun 23, 2011, 02:05 PM
Its not IF... Its WHEN.
West Yorks
Joined Feb 2007
1,110 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cvanscho View Post

Hey Chris

I think Tony asked for a PM response to avoid dragging that baggage over here. I would like to thank the Junior Mod for all his efforts in the other place too, but aside from that, can we leave that history behind us now please?

Cheers

Tim
The.Timinator is offline Find More Posts by The.Timinator
Old Jun 23, 2011, 02:13 PM
Long to be flyin'
Wirral, (UK)
Joined Dec 2003
3,056 Posts
Thanks Tim, Paul and Chris for the update, I am the wiser now.
Old Jun 23, 2011, 02:14 PM
Feeling FrSky
United States, CA, Santa Barbara
Joined Feb 2003
20,086 Posts
Long story short, more Brits and hence more British banter here.

For me, this is an excellent turn of events

Steve
surfimp is offline Find More Posts by surfimp
RCG Plus Member
Old Jun 23, 2011, 02:22 PM
Long to be flyin'
Wirral, (UK)
Joined Dec 2003
3,056 Posts
Hi Steve, you still aerobating close to the ground cordon-blur style?

Tony.
Old Jun 23, 2011, 02:33 PM
Feeling FrSky
United States, CA, Santa Barbara
Joined Feb 2003
20,086 Posts
Oui oui mon ami!!

Ellwood Session (3 min 16 sec)

Steve
surfimp is offline Find More Posts by surfimp
RCG Plus Member