HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 19, 2012, 09:30 AM
Deniable plausibility
Derbyshire, UK
Joined Aug 2008
2,327 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodstock 1 View Post
Looks like she could do with a bit of feeding...
Were we to be stood in the tap room of the 'Dog & Handgun' (oldschool comedy reference there...), my response would be somewhat different. However as we're all on a family friendly forum, I'll just say that I'm fancying holidaying in Italy next year...
Shedofdread is offline Find More Posts by Shedofdread
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 19, 2012, 09:37 AM
Deniable plausibility
Derbyshire, UK
Joined Aug 2008
2,327 Posts
Whilst on the topic of summer hols, here's a pic of me flinging my Xeno off the hill in Fiss (Austria) at this year's 'Flying Circus'. I truly HATE this aeroplane but when the wind decided not to cooperate, I was thankfull I packed it....

Austria has to be one of the most beautiful countries I've had the priviledge to visit and a slope soarer's paradise. To that end, already planning return trip with more alpine suitable 'ammo'
Old Sep 19, 2012, 10:52 AM
Staffs, UK
Joined Apr 2009
3,664 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shedofdread View Post
....Austria has to be one of the most beautiful countries I've had the priviledge to visit and a slope soarer's paradise. To that end, already planning return trip with more alpine suitable 'ammo'
I'm guessing the ski lifts/cable cars make it a little more enjoyable....
feefo is offline Find More Posts by feefo
Old Sep 19, 2012, 11:09 AM
Deniable plausibility
Derbyshire, UK
Joined Aug 2008
2,327 Posts
Oh yeah - done of this trudging up hills mallarkey - just hop on a cable car. From hotel to that flying site - 5mins walk across meadow (piste in winter), ride cable car for 5mins and saunter across another meadow. All good! Oh, and zoom back for afternoon snacks
Old Sep 19, 2012, 11:37 AM
isoaritfirst
Not a Brummie/but close
Joined Sep 2005
1,403 Posts
I wonder if the Redkites will do as well when culling badgers is legal.

To get the office girl up the hill John , your trousers must be very full

of very deep pockets
isoaritfirst is offline Find More Posts by isoaritfirst
Old Sep 19, 2012, 12:52 PM
Staffs, UK
Joined Apr 2009
3,664 Posts
Quote:
Oh yeah - done of this trudging up hills mallarkey - just hop on a cable car. From hotel to that flying site - 5mins walk across meadow (piste in winter), ride cable car for 5mins and saunter across another meadow. All good! Oh, and zoom back for afternoon snacks
Sounds pleasant, has to be a catch? Cost of a beer maybe, and the food...?
Old Sep 19, 2012, 01:49 PM
Shropshire
Joined Jan 2005
474 Posts
we went to Hahenmoos last summer ....similar sort of thing .....we were expecting £12 a pint so just the £6 was a bargain £25 for burger and chips was a bit steep ..........but you have to go ............different sort of slope flying completely
Andy_b is offline Find More Posts by Andy_b
Old Sep 19, 2012, 01:55 PM
Staffs, UK
Joined Apr 2009
3,664 Posts
I'll put it on the list
Old Sep 19, 2012, 02:06 PM
-----
Ireland, County Kerry, Kerry
Joined Dec 2005
6,994 Posts
Quote:
Whilst on the topic of summer hols, here's a pic of me flinging my Xeno off the hill in Fiss (Austria) at this year's 'Flying Circus'. I truly HATE this aeroplane but when the wind decided not to cooperate, I was thankfull I packed it....

Austria has to be one of the most beautiful countries I've had the priviledge to visit and a slope soarer's paradise. To that end, already planning return trip with more alpine suitable 'ammo'
C'mon now, you can't just post that teaser pic ! Where's the video and the picture album?

Chris
Woodstock 1 is offline Find More Posts by Woodstock 1
Old Sep 19, 2012, 03:22 PM
Deniable plausibility
Derbyshire, UK
Joined Aug 2008
2,327 Posts
I'll put together a little album and write up when I have a spare mo (and am back at base) but as for video - sorry, didn't take any. What I can say is that taking a 5' long Peli case on public transport half way across Europe was an adventure in itself... But that's a story for another time
Old Sep 19, 2012, 03:32 PM
Deniable plausibility
Derbyshire, UK
Joined Aug 2008
2,327 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by feefo View Post
Sounds pleasant, has to be a catch? Cost of a beer maybe, and the food...?
No, not too bad. Remember this Austria, not Switzerland. Also the hotel was virtually full board. The 'afternoon snacks' were in reality meals
Old Sep 19, 2012, 04:47 PM
Biting ankles since '53
No Pants Island
Joined Feb 2007
2,944 Posts
Quote:
I'll put together a little album and write up when I have a spare mo (and am back at base) but as for video - sorry, didn't take any. What I can say is that taking a 5' long Peli case on public transport half way across Europe was an adventure in itself... But that's a story for another time
Lightweight! Try getting 25 windsurfing boards assorted rigs (about50) and a scaffolding tower across the Sinai, onto a plane and back to blights on your own…
And my normal load for travelling the caribbean was a double board bag and rig bag plus camera bags and luggage. I've done a lot of miles on the roofs of minibuses as they didn't have enough rope to tie the load on…
mr_editor is offline Find More Posts by mr_editor
Old Sep 20, 2012, 03:46 AM
Deniable plausibility
Derbyshire, UK
Joined Aug 2008
2,327 Posts
I
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr_editor View Post
Lightweight! Try getting 25 windsurfing boards assorted rigs (about50) and a scaffolding tower across the Sinai, onto a plane and back to blights on your own…
And my normal load for travelling the caribbean was a double board bag and rig bag plus camera bags and luggage. I've done a lot of miles on the roofs of minibuses as they didn't have enough rope to tie the load on…
That all you had to do? Sheer luxury...
Old Sep 20, 2012, 05:09 AM
-----
Ireland, County Kerry, Kerry
Joined Dec 2005
6,994 Posts
Aye. Looxury.
Woodstock 1 is offline Find More Posts by Woodstock 1
Old Sep 21, 2012, 12:54 AM
Missing you too FB!
South Africa, Eastern Cape, Port Elizabeth
Joined Sep 2010
2,403 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr_editor View Post
The above info is entertaining but useless without any pic
Bakkie is offline Find More Posts by Bakkie
RCG Plus Member