HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Reply
Thread Tools
Old Jun 25, 2011, 09:27 AM
Good Times
Portland . Dorset . England
Joined Jun 2009
290 Posts
Or better still take an

UZI 9mm

and learn em

Bob
Bobbyr is offline Find More Posts by Bobbyr
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 25, 2011, 10:02 AM
Biting ankles since '53
No Pants Island
Joined Feb 2007
2,944 Posts
Hey Bob, was down a couple of weeks back midweek on an interviews so no time to fly, but am down from Aug 6th for ten days, bringing new toys. Any dates when Andy Slopetrash is down?
mr_editor is offline Find More Posts by mr_editor
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 25, 2011, 11:03 AM
Good Times
Portland . Dorset . England
Joined Jun 2009
290 Posts
No John ,
Im sure he will be in touch when hes coming over , it would be nice to show him a few slopes around here .
But must also remember that he is down on his holidays





Bob
Bobbyr is offline Find More Posts by Bobbyr
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 26, 2011, 02:20 AM
Biting ankles since '53
No Pants Island
Joined Feb 2007
2,944 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobbyr View Post
No John ,
Im sure he will be in touch when hes coming over , it would be nice to show him a few slopes around here .
But must also remember that he is down on his holidays

Bob
You're right. Flying, beer and curries are not holiday pursuits.
mr_editor is offline Find More Posts by mr_editor
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 26, 2011, 02:55 AM
Crikey never leave beer behind
steve wenban's Avatar
Mt Annan Sydney Australia
Joined Dec 2003
23,434 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr_editor View Post
You're right. Flying, beer and curries are not holiday pursuits.
Damn ,there's my Holiday shot to hell right there
steve wenban is online now Find More Posts by steve wenban
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 26, 2011, 03:23 AM
Registered User
Lancs. U.K.
Joined Jun 2008
25 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr_editor View Post
Mr Ed : Still loving his first series Relic Strat.
No disrespect to you or your Strat Mr Ed but is there any other business that can take all it's 'old / tarnished / damaged on the production line' parts, re-assemble them, bash them about some more AND then sell them at a premium price!

Can't wait for this reliccing(?) lark to catch on in cars and model gliders. I'm gonna make a fortune! I've a 20 yr old relicced VW Scirocco and a hanger full of heavily relicced models!

Phil (Godin LGxt)
JIC_Phil is offline Find More Posts by JIC_Phil
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 26, 2011, 03:26 AM
Good Times
Portland . Dorset . England
Joined Jun 2009
290 Posts
No ,
Flying , Beer and Curries is a Holiday persuit.
Just we must apreciate that Andy is with his family on holiday , thats all i was saying. I dont think it fair to keep trying to drag his arse out flying with Master Ellison .
When Mrs Ellison is stuck at the Tent doing Chores


Bob
Bobbyr is offline Find More Posts by Bobbyr
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 26, 2011, 05:17 AM
Biting ankles since '53
No Pants Island
Joined Feb 2007
2,944 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JIC_Phil View Post
No disrespect to you or your Strat Mr Ed but is there any other business that can take all it's 'old / tarnished / damaged on the production line' parts, re-assemble them, bash them about some more AND then sell them at a premium price!

Can't wait for this reliccing(?) lark to catch on in cars and model gliders. I'm gonna make a fortune! I've a 20 yr old relicced VW Scirocco and a hanger full of heavily relicced models!

Phil (Godin LGxt)
Indeedy, I made that point about relic'd planes on another forum.
Fair does though, one: it looks cool, two: I couldn't afford a real Strat that age or that good and three: even before the ageing it was one of the best Strats Fender's Custom Shop made and the finish is a really nice super thin cellulose jobbie. And the neck is amazing. Plus the first time I dropped it a few feet onto a concrete floor I picked it up and it was EVEN MORE authentic looking. I nearly dropped my PRS once. AAA top, vintage sunburst, birds. My heart was pounding for hours at the near miss. The Strat doesn't even get a gig bag for short trips to local gigs.
Oh, and I know a guy who has an aged Merc Gullwing replica that is identical to his original so he can drive what people think is his real one. That of course sits in the garage going up (and up) in value. I hate to think of the cost of sourcing old parts and ageing things like the leather.
mr_editor is offline Find More Posts by mr_editor
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 27, 2011, 04:25 AM
-----
Woodstock 1's Avatar
Ireland, County Kerry, Kerry
Joined Dec 2005
6,993 Posts
So, what happened? Everyone sneaking back to the other place? For me it's a huge relief not having to trawl though all the posts there - freed up a lot of my time
Woodstock 1 is offline Find More Posts by Woodstock 1
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 27, 2011, 05:18 AM
Deniable plausibility
Shedofdread's Avatar
Derbyshire, UK
Joined Aug 2008
2,327 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cvanscho View Post
So, what happened? Everyone sneaking back to the other place? For me it's a huge relief not having to trawl though all the posts there - freed up a lot of my time
You don't suppose people may actually have been out flying? No, silly me...
Shedofdread is offline Find More Posts by Shedofdread
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 27, 2011, 05:20 AM
-----
Woodstock 1's Avatar
Ireland, County Kerry, Kerry
Joined Dec 2005
6,993 Posts
That was yesterday! Great S - SW all day. I'm quite flown out!

Today is Monday tho ...
Woodstock 1 is offline Find More Posts by Woodstock 1
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 27, 2011, 05:25 AM
Deniable plausibility
Shedofdread's Avatar
Derbyshire, UK
Joined Aug 2008
2,327 Posts
Oh dear, it's just come to me....they're all WORKING!!!

and on a similar subject.... Pop master's on in a mo - got to go
Shedofdread is offline Find More Posts by Shedofdread
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 27, 2011, 05:31 AM
Biting ankles since '53
No Pants Island
Joined Feb 2007
2,944 Posts
Recovering from a weekend of exercise and barbies. I'm walking a minimum of ten miles or cycling 15 every day at the moment to train for an event this summer plus a bit of swimming to fill in the hours after I wake up at 5am. Also have a contracted week at a local paper to finish. Never mind a bit if boat building in the big shed at the end of the week.
mr_editor is offline Find More Posts by mr_editor
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 27, 2011, 05:33 AM
Crikey never leave beer behind
steve wenban's Avatar
Mt Annan Sydney Australia
Joined Dec 2003
23,434 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr_editor View Post
Recovering from a weekend of exercise and barbies. I'm walking a minimum of ten miles or cycling 15 every day at the moment to train for an event this summer plus a bit of swimming to fill in the hours after I wake up at 5am. Also have a contracted week at a local paper to finish. Never mind a bit if boat building in the big shed at the end of the week.
Not really into Barbie's I think Ken makes a better pilot
steve wenban is online now Find More Posts by steve wenban
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 27, 2011, 06:08 AM
Phil.T-tailer
Phil.Taylor's Avatar
Devon, UK
Joined Jun 2003
4,247 Posts
Barbie got a new plane
its an Alibarbij
http://www.barcs.co.uk/wp-content/fo...t/alliall2.jpg
Ken wont be flying it - Mike will

Phil.
Phil.Taylor is offline Find More Posts by Phil.Taylor
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Suggestion Embedded images Not showing in Humour Forum AndyOne Site Suggestions / Complaints 1 Apr 29, 2011 07:10 PM
Off Site DX7 less than 2.5 months old + Other accessories - Not for Sale Anymore here butter_fingers Aircraft - General - Radio Equipment (FS/W) 4 Apr 25, 2011 10:13 PM
Rant Posting Garbage on other people's FOR SALE Thread just because... PittSpecial Chit Chat 6 Apr 03, 2011 02:51 PM
Question can I use T-28 Tx for other parkzone micro fliers? VirTus Micro Ready-to-Fly 7 Mar 23, 2011 08:20 AM
One of these cells is not like the other... Martin Hunter Batteries and Chargers 5 Nov 21, 2005 02:43 PM