HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 29, 2011, 12:19 PM
Master of Flash
Alsdorf/Eifel, Germany
Joined Jun 2005
1,510 Posts
"kk board directions" somehow a problem as kk and XX_KR firmware have both a XCopter firmware. See http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...5&postcount=73 and all quedtipns should answered.

Christian
LazyZero is offline Find More Posts by LazyZero
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 29, 2011, 12:26 PM
R/C CRASHER
United States, CA, Corona
Joined Dec 2004
852 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by panos2408 View Post
motor 1 clock wise then the opposite motor i think no3 in this fw also has to be clockwise. The 2 remaining counter clock wise.
If you are asking how to connect motors on the board i think on this fw is kinda like this:

(1)(3)
(2)(4)

in any case prior frst flight do this:

Give enough throttle so the blades are spinning but the quad is still on ground. And check all the directions to make sure you are on the right track. If anything weird happens get back here :d
lmfas!!!
tkoguy is offline Find More Posts by tkoguy
Old Nov 29, 2011, 12:27 PM
R/C CRASHER
United States, CA, Corona
Joined Dec 2004
852 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by LazyZero View Post
"kk board directions" somehow a problem as kk and XX_KR firmware have both a XCopter firmware. See http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...5&postcount=73 and all quedtipns should answered.

Christian
thnaks
tkoguy is offline Find More Posts by tkoguy
Old Nov 29, 2011, 01:24 PM
Canada, ON, Brockville
Joined Sep 2004
696 Posts
will try again
Bob valley is offline Find More Posts by Bob valley
Old Nov 29, 2011, 01:41 PM
Sverige, Örebro Län, Hallsberg
Joined Oct 2011
126 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaptenklister View Post
I need some help, I installed this FW on my HK V2 board, now when I plug it in the esc:s play their usuall short series of beeps (turnigy plush 25) after that they all continue to beep constantly around 2-3 beeps per second.

The led light up when I move throttle to bottom right and it goes out when I move throttle to bottom left.

Any help is appreciated
I'm a bit ashamed to admit it but after setting throttle range again and reversing yaw gyro it hovered nicely in the wind
Kaptenklister is offline Find More Posts by Kaptenklister
Old Nov 29, 2011, 04:36 PM
Sverige, Uppsala Län, Uppsala
Joined Mar 2011
76 Posts
I guess the "acro" quadcopter v4.7 in LazyZeros flash tool is the one with modified scale stick?
Is there such fw for xcopter as well, or do I need to modify and compile it myself?

I would be very glad if someone could post a FW with the same modification, but for the xcopter!

I have no idea where to begin if I would have to do this myself.
And flying in delta mode is not an option, I can't turn the kk-board 45degrees on my quad...
Windman is offline Find More Posts by Windman
Old Nov 29, 2011, 04:47 PM
Master of Flash
Alsdorf/Eifel, Germany
Joined Jun 2005
1,510 Posts
XCopter with scalestick=4 (acro) is available in my tool currently only for ATmega168(P/PA) based boards.

Chrsitian
Old Nov 29, 2011, 05:52 PM
Joined Mar 2011
76 Posts
Quote:
XCopter with scalestick=4 (acro) is available in my tool currently only for ATmega168(P/PA) based boards.

Chrsitian
Noooo
I have the HK v1 board with only 4kb.

Any chance someone has the "scalestick=4" version for the smaller chip on the HK v1? (for xcopter that is...)
Old Nov 29, 2011, 07:19 PM
If it flies, I will crash it
USA, CO, Westminster
Joined Jan 2008
3,000 Posts
If it is available to you in your TX you can just setup Elevon mixing and it will orient your quad in X from the + firmware as in the original KK offerings.

Rob...
mxspode is online now Find More Posts by mxspode
Old Nov 30, 2011, 02:06 AM
MyFlyDream
The Netherlands
Joined Jun 2010
414 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Windman View Post
Noooo
I have the HK v1 board with only 4kb.

Any chance someone has the "scalestick=4" version for the smaller chip on the HK v1? (for xcopter that is...)
Here you are
erazotropa is offline Find More Posts by erazotropa
Old Nov 30, 2011, 02:19 AM
Master of Flash
Alsdorf/Eifel, Germany
Joined Jun 2005
1,510 Posts
Added to the repository.

@Windman: Now it is in the flashtool
Old Nov 30, 2011, 02:55 AM
Joined Oct 2005
1,660 Posts
another good and easy flash/upgrade board

maybe you can consider the KK Plus that comes with bootloader and can use the serial link for easy flash? like the Flashtool in the picture?

Video showing the older version of flahtool
KK Plus Flash Tool (4 min 2 sec)
dt8666 is online now Find More Posts by dt8666
Old Nov 30, 2011, 03:32 AM
Cyprus, Limassol
Joined Feb 2008
1,085 Posts
Ok,

I am having some issues with my quad i don't know how to get over it. I think my kkmultikopter board v5.5 (goodluckbuy) tries to autolevel especially on roll and pitch inputs. During slow forward or backward flight as soon as i remove my finger from the pitch (elevator stick) or roll stick within a period of a second it will be already leveled with the ground and start trying to return to initial position. And in fast forward flight it will even go vertical to stop going forward which can be very confusing when flying around and far away when the last thing you need is a sudden move of the quad.

I am was using 10" and 12" props during these. I ordered some 8" just in case the props bigger props offer a nice surface for the wind to create this behaviour.

I am using 1300kv motors My frame is a typicall frame. A small square 10cmx10cm where legs are attached (aluminum 15mmx15mm 26cm long)
I am aware that these boards don't have any accelerometers and such a behaviour is not actually programmed from the board.

Is that the normal behaviour and i just don't know it?
panos2408 is offline Find More Posts by panos2408
Old Nov 30, 2011, 07:08 AM
Joined Mar 2011
76 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by erazotropa View Post
Here you are
Quote:
Added to the repository.

@Windman: Now it is in the flashtool
Thank you so much guys!

Will try it out right away...
Old Nov 30, 2011, 07:20 AM
Joined Mar 2011
76 Posts
There we go, flashed and tested in the livingroom
Oboy what a difference!

Think I must start with some dual rate.
Not very fond of exponential, but maby I must start learning to fly with that...

Thanks again!!!