HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jun 22, 2011, 02:23 PM
Nemo in a blender
The Netherlands-Amsterdam
Joined Mar 2007
940 Posts
Does this new FW fit the Minsoo Kim blueboard?

(I'm asking this for the 2nd time)
Connexxion is offline Find More Posts by Connexxion
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 22, 2011, 03:10 PM
United Kingdom
Joined Nov 2008
1,886 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Connexxion View Post

Yes - should fit both Red and Blue boards
Mike Barton is offline Find More Posts by Mike Barton
Old Jun 22, 2011, 03:14 PM
Hawaii
Joined Feb 2003
5,934 Posts
Quote:

I mean no disrespect but in my opinion KK is doing this for free. So we should just read what he is saying and lay off him to let him do his magic. Instead of having a sense of entitlement and whine about questions not getting answered.

If KK is selling something I would expect a little customer support but this is all free stuff. As the saying goes, there are no free lunches in this world. So we shouldn't expect any.

I would love to see a quad X version of the new firmware but I am sure KK will get around to it when he does. So I have been refraining from even asking about it unlike some other posters here.

Let's be polite and extend some courtesy to every one. The world will be a better place.
SeismicCWave is offline Find More Posts by SeismicCWave
Old Jun 22, 2011, 03:16 PM
Hawaii
Joined Feb 2003
5,934 Posts
Quote:

According to post number 23:

KK wrote:

""It will work in any KK based board.""

With that I am sure it will work on the Minsoo Kim Blueboard.
SeismicCWave is offline Find More Posts by SeismicCWave
Old Jun 22, 2011, 04:59 PM
Master of Flash
Alsdorf/Eifel, Germany
Joined Jun 2005
1,505 Posts
I found why I had to trim Throttle to arm. It is the Multiplex Royal transmitter, the throttle stick curve has by default not -100% 0% 100%. It has -90% 0% 100% to make sure that a glow motor will not stop when the stick is on zero.

Best Christian
LazyZero is online now Find More Posts by LazyZero
Old Jun 22, 2011, 05:29 PM
Went to mow a meadow
Joined Feb 2007
1,407 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeismicCWave View Post
I mean no disrespect but in my opinion KK is doing this for free. So we should just read what he is saying and lay off him to let him do his magic. Instead of having a sense of entitlement and whine about questions not getting answered.

If KK is selling something I would expect a little customer support but this is all free stuff. As the saying goes, there are no free lunches in this world. So we shouldn't expect any.

I would love to see a quad X version of the new firmware but I am sure KK will get around to it when he does. So I have been refraining from even asking about it unlike some other posters here.

Let's be polite and extend some courtesy to every one. The world will be a better place.
+1

Thanks KK ... hope youre keeping well now
frank48 is offline Find More Posts by frank48
Old Jun 22, 2011, 06:40 PM
Belle Chasse Southern, Louisiana, United States
Joined Apr 2002
748 Posts
Is this firmware better than the Minsoo XX KR 1.7 firmware as far as stability and yaw drift?

Randy
Flyingfool is offline Find More Posts by Flyingfool
Old Jun 23, 2011, 09:59 AM
Nemo in a blender
Joined Mar 2007
940 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeismicCWave View Post

Seems like miscommunication to me.

I didn't intend to be rude or ask for something that didn't cost anything.

Just wanted to contribute by giving KK feedback after using his new fw.

That's all I meant.
Sorry for any inconvenience.
Old Jun 23, 2011, 10:01 AM
Nemo in a blender
Joined Mar 2007
940 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by LazyZero View Post
I found why I had to trim Throttle to arm. It is the Multiplex Royal transmitter, the throttle stick curve has by default not -100% 0% 100%. It has -90% 0% 100% to make sure that a glow motor will not stop when the stick is on zero.

Best Christian
Multiplex has indeed this weird thing.

I've a Cockpit SX and have to lower the trim too otherwise the rx will see a positive throttle value.

Throttle trim at minimum equals throttle closed.
Old Jun 23, 2011, 10:41 AM
United Kingdom, Wales, Gwaun-Cae-Gurwen
Joined Mar 2011
535 Posts
Quote:
Seems like miscommunication to me.

I didn't intend to be rude or ask for something that didn't cost anything.

Just wanted to contribute by giving KK feedback after using his new fw.

That's all I meant.
Sorry for any inconvenience.
same for myself. i do apologize for my impatience, just really keen as this is my first foray into building a quadcopter. keep up the good work kk!
nasgul is offline Find More Posts by nasgul
Old Jun 23, 2011, 10:43 AM
Joined Mar 2009
198 Posts
subscribed! Can't wait til there's an upgrade for my Tri! THANKS KK!
flyingdogfilms is offline Find More Posts by flyingdogfilms
Old Jun 23, 2011, 03:02 PM
making big holes in the sky..
Scandinavia
Joined Aug 2009
314 Posts
Tested the 4.6 firmware today on my 45cm MTM quad with a KR REDboard.

Fuatba 9c 35mhz
futaba 149 RX

No throttle trim needed to arm!!

Hints for those who like to try kk4.6 firmware on a KR redboard:
The pots are reversed (full is CCW)
The yaw gyro need to be reversed

Had just a short try but it seemed much more stable then 4.5

As I am a full-FPV guy am absolutely rubbish in "in sigth flying" so I reprogrammed my RC TX with evelons and flew it a bit in x-mode as well.
Will try it FPV tomorrow, that way I realy can compere it with the KR 1.7 firmware.

Thanx a million KapteinKUK for outstandig work..

Det er nesten så man kan kalle det en ståkuk.... (sorry, had to write that in Norwegian)

Love from OSLO
bajas is offline Find More Posts by bajas
Old Jun 23, 2011, 03:42 PM
Kiwi in Germany
Germany
Joined Jun 2010
2,238 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bajas View Post
Tested the 4.6 firmware today on my 45cm MTM quad with a KR REDboard.

Fuatba 9c 35mhz
futaba 149 RX

No throttle trim needed to arm!!

Hints for those who like to try kk4.6 firmware on a KR redboard:
The pots are reversed (full is CCW)
The yaw gyro need to be reversed

Had just a short try but it seemed much more stable then 4.5

As I am a full-FPV guy am absolutely rubbish in "in sigth flying" so I reprogrammed my RC TX with evelons and flew it a bit in x-mode as well.
Will try it FPV tomorrow, that way I realy can compere it with the KR 1.7 firmware.

Thanx a million KapteinKUK for outstandig work..

Det er nesten så man kan kalle det en ståkuk.... (sorry, had to write that in Norwegian)

Love from OSLO
Sounds like KapteinKUK has done a great job. I'm always amazed at people with the talent to create things like this.

I'm a FPV guy too. Looking forward to your review! Oh do you think a tri or a quad is easier to fly (coming from planes in FVP)?
whakahere is offline Find More Posts by whakahere
Old Jun 23, 2011, 03:54 PM
making big holes in the sky..
Scandinavia
Joined Aug 2009
314 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by whakahere View Post
Sounds like KapteinKUK has done a great job. I'm always amazed at people with the talent to create things like this.

I'm a FPV guy too. Looking forward to your review! Oh do you think a tri or a quad is easier to fly (coming from planes in FVP)?
I think the tri is maybe easier to fly, but quads are easier to build and repair..
A 45cm armed tri is like driving a buss, a 45cm motortomotror quad with good motors is like riving a sportscar... both fun but differt..
Get a simulator with "fpv-view" and as a plane-FPVer you will master this brilliantly with 3 houers playing topps...
bajas is offline Find More Posts by bajas
Old Jun 23, 2011, 04:32 PM
Kiwi in Germany
Germany
Joined Jun 2010
2,238 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bajas View Post
I think the tri is maybe easier to fly, but quads are easier to build and repair..
A 45cm armed tri is like driving a buss, a 45cm motortomotror quad with good motors is like riving a sportscar... both fun but differt..
Get a simulator with "fpv-view" and as a plane-FPVer you will master this brilliantly with 3 houers playing topps...
Sounds like fun I have the gear sitting here but I leave for holiday tomorrow. When I get back in 3 weeks I will start my build. Of course I built a cheap FPV flying wing for the holidays. Let see the damage I can create Thanks for the heads up ... do I want a sports are or a bus ummmm
whakahere is offline Find More Posts by whakahere