SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jun 21, 2011, 02:53 PM
Master of Flash
Alsdorf/Eifel, Germany
Joined Jun 2005
1,565 Posts
I also flew my quad with the 4.6 in direct compare to the 4.5 on a hk board.
And it was awesome! I thought the 4.5 was stable but this is the next level!

I think this version will become my favorite and will replace the 1.5 kr firmware.

Best Christian
LazyZero is offline Find More Posts by LazyZero
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 21, 2011, 03:18 PM
Kiwi in Germany
Germany
Joined Jun 2010
2,258 Posts
I would love firmware for the tri as well that fits on a hk board as that was what I was looking to build. My hk kk board arrived today and I didn't know that the current firmware didn't fit on this board.

I am new to multi copters .... pretty new to copters in general. I have only been a fixed wing pilot at the moment (mainly FPV). well I do own a blade msr ... but i suck at flying it and .... it has the toilet bowl effect so I stopped flying it.

Where would be a good place to find information on how to go about building and setting up a tri copter or is it better that I head in the quad direction? I have all the parts suggested from http://rcexplorer.se/ I have 4 motors, 4 escs, hk kkboard, props .... just lack the knowledge.
whakahere is offline Find More Posts by whakahere
Old Jun 21, 2011, 03:30 PM
Master of Flash
Alsdorf/Eifel, Germany
Joined Jun 2005
1,565 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by whakahere View Post
I would love firmware for the tri as well that fits on a hk board as that was what I was looking to build. My hk kk board arrived today and I didn't know that the current firmware didn't fit on this board.

I am new to multi copters .... pretty new to copters in general. I have only been a fixed wing pilot at the moment (mainly FPV). well I do own a blade msr ... but i suck at flying it and .... it has the toilet bowl effect so I stopped flying it.

Where would be a good place to find information on how to go about building and setting up a tri copter or is it better that I head in the quad direction? I have all the parts suggested from http://rcexplorer.se/ I have 4 motors, 4 escs, hk kkboard, props .... just lack the knowledge.
Good resource for you may be http://lazyzero.de/modellbau (german page).
For the Tri firmware, the 1.5 from kapteinKuk fits in the HK board, but I am sure he will come up with a new firmware based on the 4.6 Quad firmware.

Best Christian
LazyZero is offline Find More Posts by LazyZero
Old Jun 21, 2011, 04:04 PM
Kiwi in Germany
Germany
Joined Jun 2010
2,258 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by LazyZero View Post
Good resource for you may be http://lazyzero.de/modellbau (german page).
For the Tri firmware, the 1.5 from kapteinKuk fits in the HK board, but I am sure he will come up with a new firmware based on the 4.6 Quad firmware.

Best Christian
Cheers Christian, Sadly as of this time my German isn't the greatest (damn English speakers huh .. but I am in a full time german course to fix that). I am off on holiday to the lakes above Berlin for three weeks so I hope there will be a new firmware coming out. Do you think it is better to build a tri or a quad for my first multi copter? I am looking to FPV it .. nothing special apart from flying around. building is not a concern as I like to build planes anyway ... just build my 5th fpv plane ... this time a divinity FPV wing. taking this sucker north with me

Cheers James
whakahere is offline Find More Posts by whakahere
Old Jun 21, 2011, 04:25 PM
Nemo in a blender
The Netherlands-Amsterdam
Joined Mar 2007
940 Posts
I'm flying my quad + with Minsoo's blueboard and 1.7 FW.

Is it possile to load KK's new FW and just go fly?
Connexxion is offline Find More Posts by Connexxion
Old Jun 21, 2011, 05:06 PM
making big holes in the sky..
Scandinavia
Joined Aug 2009
314 Posts
Quote:

I think this version will become my favorite and will replace the 1.5 kr firmware.

Best Christian
Why is 1.5kr firmware your favourite??? I wonder becouse I fly with 1.7 and dont know so much about det different vertions of KR-firmware
bajas is offline Find More Posts by bajas
Old Jun 21, 2011, 05:23 PM
Quad Whisperer
Joined Jul 2008
942 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Efliernz View Post
Awesome stuff... although I'm running the KK board as a hex and a tri (while I sort my Paris board out). Are you looking at playing with the tri and hex coding too??? please...
Yes, the tri and hex is next.
kapteinkuk is offline Find More Posts by kapteinkuk
Old Jun 21, 2011, 05:25 PM
Quad Whisperer
Joined Jul 2008
942 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by patrick21x View Post
Will this work on my KK black Board?
Which is better, the black or blue board. I bought mine used rtf, and now im trying to learn how to set it up and all. When I let go of the sticks, should my quad pretty much hover by itself. Mine deffiently does not lol. What setting would I adjust to get it to be super stable?
It will work in any KK based board.
Use your trims
Old Jun 21, 2011, 05:26 PM
Quad Whisperer
Joined Jul 2008
942 Posts
Quote:
Hi kapteinkuk,

great to see that there is a new firmware by you. I will try the new firmware, if the weather gets better this evening, on my quad. The 4.5 was already very stable in my opinion, so I am curious to see how the new firmware performs.

I also added the firmware to the repository of the KKmulticopter flash tool. Therefore I had to mirror the zip file on my server. I don't know why but I am not able to download from rcgroups with java. I hope you are okay with that?

Best Christian
No problem
Old Jun 21, 2011, 05:27 PM
Quad Whisperer
Joined Jul 2008
942 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bajas View Post
This is great....
Is this for x config as well or just + ???
This is for +
I will make one for X too.
Old Jun 21, 2011, 05:34 PM
Quad Whisperer
Joined Jul 2008
942 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by alll View Post
Hi KK,

Out of curiosity, wanted to quick test this HK-on demand special one , especially the PI

I uploaded the 88hex on my +quad with WiiMP. After reversing the yaw, everything seems to work. I feel the I working when giving stick input : motors speed up slooowly...

Though, I can't find how to do a stick centering ? ...
Can you remind me the pot functions:
Roll = 0: gyro reversing (ok !)
Pitch = 0: ????
Yaw = 0: throttle calibration (ok !)
all = 0: ???? clear eprom ???

Will need to recompile to have more stick authority...

Thanks,
manu
There is no stick centering in my firmware. Use your trims. There is no difference between using stick centering or using trim.

This only has:
Roll = 0: Gyro and potmeter reversing.
Yaw = 0: throttle calibration.

Lower the "ScaleStick" value to 4 to get more stick action.
Old Jun 21, 2011, 06:02 PM
Quad Whisperer
Joined Jul 2008
942 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by OlliW View Post
looking at the code I think this is quite normal and the expected behavior. The Midd of the sticks is assumed to be at 1500us, often (usually) however it is in fact 1520us. So, you might get it a bit better by trimming your sticks.
It seem to vary between the radio systems. So far I have seen 1500, 1520, 1550 and even 1600 as center. My new FW excepts 1500, the old one 1520, used by futaba. Just use your trims.
Quote:
Otherwise, I would suggest just start and fly... in flight the controller has a chance to do its job, but not while in rest.
Yes, just standing on the ground with motors running will sooner or later wind up the I-term and make it trying to rotate by speeding up some motors and slowing the other ones.
Quote:

Ideally, the code would be changed a bit
- the I term could be reset whenever the throttle is below a threshold
The I term is reset when throttle is at zero.
Quote:
- one could introduce a dead band, such that a stick position very near to the center is assumed to be center (I had good experience with 5-10us)
That will not work goo when you have to use trims.
Quote:
- if the I term increase in magnitude beyond a certain point it should not be allowed to increase any further
I had anti wind-up in mind, but I did not have problems with that. I can put it in if it gets problematic
Quote:

I think these changes would add just few bytes of code.

"Interesting" that there is no I term on yaw, no heading hold...
Since the quadro is a symmetrical around the yaw axis, I did not see a need for an I-term there.
Quote:

Olli
Old Jun 21, 2011, 06:04 PM
Quad Whisperer
Joined Jul 2008
942 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jorgen View Post
I've just tried this on my new quad and it flew much more stable compared to 4.5. Although I managed to drop the quad from a height, but that was due to the gnats that was biting me, so only user side bugs.

How would I reverse some of the gyro channels in the code? As it is now, I have to reverse the yaw gyro channel whenever I load a new firmware.
Set the EESAVE fuse in your AVR. Then the settings will not be deleted when flashing.
Old Jun 21, 2011, 06:08 PM
Quad Whisperer
Joined Jul 2008
942 Posts
Quote:

Best Christian
Nice!
Old Jun 21, 2011, 06:11 PM
Quad Whisperer
Joined Jul 2008
942 Posts
I need some feedback from you all: Does this firmware arm with your radio without having to trim the throttle?