HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 11, 2013, 02:09 PM
If it flies, I will crash it
USA, CO, Westminster
Joined Jan 2008
3,019 Posts
The motor assignment is different in 4.7. Please follow the instructions in this post. http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...5&postcount=73

Rob...
mxspode is offline Find More Posts by mxspode
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 11, 2013, 02:23 PM
Turkey, Izmir
Joined Oct 2011
798 Posts
i misread that post earlier switched m3 and m4 and it is working now

thanks for your input, the simplest problems are always the longest to solve
deno6031 is online now Find More Posts by deno6031
Old Feb 11, 2013, 03:38 PM
Delta, BC, Canada
Joined Apr 2004
250 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by deno6031 View Post
i have a problem with the v4.7 firmware, when i flash my hk v2.1 board with anyone of the v4.7 firmwares, all ve tx channels are somewhat out of order, when i give a yaw command it makes roll movements(and the board activates itself with the roll command/yaw stick), when i do give roll commands from my tx, my quad does pitch movement, and it takes pitch command as yaw commands, it is unable to fly.Even when i change my rx cables order to match the quads behaviour the board activating/deactivating itself with roll stick

if i go with another firmware, like the minsookim 2.3 firmware, everthing is just fine.

can somebody tell me what i do wrong? do the v4.7 firmware not work with the hk v2.1 boards?I am not a completely noob, i have flown my quad so many times with my kk board, the board was not used for months, now i wanted to try these stick scale changed/acro firmwares, and i am doing something wrong.
You should check the motor locations for the two different firmwares. This is likely the cause.

Edit: I see I was slow posting, you have your answer. For anyone else, here is the page that has the information (Post #73- page 5 of this thread)

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...1458663&page=5
Movie Guy is offline Find More Posts by Movie Guy
Old Feb 15, 2013, 04:34 AM
Turkey, Izmir
Joined Oct 2011
798 Posts
Thanks for your help the modified firmware rocks, it is so much fun

Flying with acro quadrocopter (4 min 7 sec)
deno6031 is online now Find More Posts by deno6031
Old Feb 15, 2013, 11:27 AM
United States, CO
Joined Jan 2013
64 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kapteinkuk View Post
Here is the new QuadControl V4.7 (plus and X mode) firmware.

The poor atmega48's memory is now full

Changes:
Higher ESC refresh: 300Hz

Added I-term on yaw axis

Added I-term anti wind-up, all axis

Changed potmeter usage:
Roll pot now controls P-term gain on roll/pitch axis.
Pitch pot now controls I-term gain on roll/pitch axis.
Yaw pot controls P-term on yaw axis as before. Yaw axis I-term is fixed at 0.2

X-mode setup:
Motor 1: front left, CW
Motor 2: back left, CCW
Motor 3: Front right, CCW
Motor 4: Back right, CW

Suggested initial setup:

P pot at 50%

I pot at 0% (it can be left at 0% since it does not have a secondary function.

Yaw P pot at 50%

Trim it level.

Adjust P (roll/pitch) to your liking.

Add I until it flies straight forward without pitching up.
This is my first rc build ever, so here is a silly question. When it says trim it level what does that mean? Trim on the transmitter or from what I have read on other forum topics a trim function on the board its self?
k2spy04 is offline Find More Posts by k2spy04
Old Feb 15, 2013, 11:38 AM
AVR Dude
United Kingdom, England, Cnwll
Joined Jul 2011
1,603 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by k2spy04 View Post
This is my first rc build ever, so here is a silly question. When it says trim it level what does that mean? Trim on the transmitter or from what I have read on other forum topics a trim function on the board its self?
Use the trim on your transmitter.
Steveis is offline Find More Posts by Steveis
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 15, 2013, 11:46 AM
United States, CO
Joined Jan 2013
64 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steveis View Post
Use the trim on your transmitter.
Thanks! Thats what I thought and I have been messing around with that for the last couple of days. Seems I cant get it dialed in right and seem to drift slightly to the right and clockwise. Think a pot adjustment is needed, where should I start?
Last edited by k2spy04; Feb 15, 2013 at 01:24 PM.
Old Feb 15, 2013, 03:58 PM
Austria, Stmk., Graz
Joined Sep 2011
411 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by k2spy04 View Post
Thanks! Thats what I thought and I have been messing around with that for the last couple of days. Seems I cant get it dialed in right and seem to drift slightly to the right and clockwise. Think a pot adjustment is needed, where should I start?
Just trimm it! The pots only set the gain. You might also want to check your CG and balance your props.
Hasi is online now Find More Posts by Hasi
Old Feb 15, 2013, 04:43 PM
United States, CO
Joined Jan 2013
64 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hasi View Post
Just trimm it! The pots only set the gain. You might also want to check your CG and balance your props.
What can I do to deal with the rotation issue?

I know CG was an issue with where my battery was mounted. I moved it for the time being while I wait for my FPV gear to come. I bought a prop balancer but figured it wasnt worth it because since I am so new to this I plan to break a few.
Old Feb 16, 2013, 10:21 AM
KK Tri Flyer
United Kingdom, Scotland, Glasgow
Joined Feb 2012
346 Posts
The slow rotation is just the yaw version of drifting sideways. If your frame is well balanced (CG exactly between the motors), then you probably just need to use some trim on the transmitter (or preferably subtrim if your transmitter has it). Keep trimming in the opposite direction to the drift until you can maintain a good hover with only tiny stick movements to keep it level.

If you find you need quite a lot of trim, you could also try the modifed firmware by Steveis, which includes a new stick centering feature. You need an AVR programmer dongle to flash this to your board just like the regular firmware. I've used this version on a tricopter (my HK KK board needed lots of trim to fly level) and it worked well. Downloads and discussion here http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1793351
mattcro is offline Find More Posts by mattcro
Old Feb 16, 2013, 08:35 PM
United States, CO
Joined Jan 2013
64 Posts
Thanks Mattcro! I will have to keep trying to trim everything in and if there is no luck with that I will give the Seveis firmware a try. Thanks for the help
Old Feb 21, 2013, 06:42 AM
LJH
Moths do not fly inverted
Greenwich CT.
Joined Sep 2000
4,191 Posts
Newbie alert....

Hey Guys,
So this is my first venture into programmable FC, I bought a Blue Sky Quad that has a KK green board and what I believe is Xcopter 4.7 firmware. Yesterday I spent about an hour getting it set up and I have to say that right now I have a quad that hovers very nicely. But I do have a few questions.

-First is a drift in yaw, every time I start a new flight there is a bit of drift in yaw. Is it common to have this?

-Another issue is with yaw as well, when I use the rudder stick to yaw the quad the quad responds but when I let go there is a ever so slight self correction to the direction opposite of the control input. Is this Normal?

-I take it the gyros are affected by temperature, I tried a real quick flight outside in 32* temps and the yaw was all over the place, not sure if it was the temp or the VERY blustery conditions.

-The quad did not come with the cable to download new firmware, right now I do not even think that should be a concern but down the road it might be. In reading this thread it sounds mike I may have an issue with my laptop because it is operating on Vista, will this cause issues?

-Lastly assuming I have Xcopter 4.7 loaded will I be able to do aerobatics as is?

I am flying the quad with a Futaba 10C so I have options there.

Thanks all, looking forward to a break in the weather and getting her outside to see what she can do.

Cheers,
Jim
LJH is offline Find More Posts by LJH
Old Feb 21, 2013, 07:29 AM
Misfit Multirotor Monkey
United States, NC, Garner
Joined Mar 2011
1,404 Posts
My luck with the V2.1 was terrible. I also had a CCW yaw that I could never quite eliminate or get consistant. I don't know what your budget is, but if you can spring for the KK2, it will be like night and day on many levels and remove the FC aspect of frustration.
Cyberdactyl is offline Find More Posts by Cyberdactyl
Old Feb 21, 2013, 10:52 AM
Yep I got another one.
Springfield, Mo.
Joined Jan 2005
2,529 Posts
LJH - I usually have to trim yaw a little each flight but not by much. Yaw deflection after you let off the sticks is due to the PID settings on your pots. Lastly with the stock firmware if you up your stick rates to 120% or more then you can perform nice flips and rolls fine without any changes on the board. If you want to get crazy with it you will need to flash to acro.

You can find the cables on ebay or if slow shipping works www.banggood.com sells it for $5

Mo.
mohillbilly is offline Find More Posts by mohillbilly
Old Feb 28, 2013, 10:07 AM
Joined Feb 2013
6 Posts
Hallo,

Its my first post in this forum, so I have to say two words about me...
Im 27 years old and Im from Germany. Im flying helicopters and multicopters a couple of years...

Now back to topic. :-)
I build a small quadcopter in X configuration with the KK board from HK. I flashed it with the new 4.7 firmware and now I have a problem with my board.

Whats the problem so far:?

When I startet with stock setup (P pot at 50%, I pot at 0% ,Yaw P pot at 50%) - when I plug power on, disarm the board and give about 1/10th throttle 3 of 4 Motors start to spin slowly - 1 motor is starting to go in full throttle. I dont know why and I dont know, what can I do to make it work... If I turn down all pots to zero, all motors work 100% perfekt over the whole throttle range.

What I have done so far to eliminate the problem:?

- I learned the KK Board the throttle range about 100000 times.
- I tried to revers gyros - this does not work with my board - I dont know why...
- I tried allmost all kind of pots. like 50-50-50; 25-0-25; 75-0-75; and so on...

Hope you can help me and sorry for my bad englisch - its a bit rusty
Hififlash1986 is offline Find More Posts by Hififlash1986