HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old May 11, 2012, 11:45 PM
USA, KS, Derby
Joined Mar 2003
1,476 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by iCrap View Post
i got the new wires and props. i got it to sort of hover then it wobbled around and crashed... i have to replace an arm now which i will do tomorrow. the aieron / elevator stick works now with new wires.
Cool. You're almost there Make sure to check the directions of your gyro compensations on all axis.
ricoalonso is offline Find More Posts by ricoalonso
to remove ads between posts
Old May 12, 2012, 09:45 PM
Troy ,OH
Joined Jan 2004
1,813 Posts
Pretty sure this has been addressed before ,just can't find it.

4.7x firmware. Seems to have an oscillation occur on decent. mostly quick not rapid decent. I can somewhat keep it in check with slight throttle pulses,but have to manage input on all axis to keep it in check.
grumman5277 is offline Find More Posts by grumman5277
Old May 12, 2012, 10:28 PM
United States, MD
Joined May 2012
204 Posts
Got another question. I shut off the TX before unplugging the quads battery.... and the motors immediately went full throttle... is that supposed to happen?????? that thing could have caused some serious serious damage or even seriously injure me if i wasn't holding it
iCrap is offline Find More Posts by iCrap
Old May 12, 2012, 10:31 PM
USA, KS, Derby
Joined Mar 2003
1,476 Posts
Quote:
Got another question. I shut off the TX before unplugging the quads battery.... and the motors immediately went full throttle... is that supposed to happen?????? that thing could have caused some serious serious damage or even seriously injure me if i wasn't holding it
You need to set your failsafe in the Rx. I'm not sure if KK boards has failesafe on its own. I had mine set in my Rx so when it lost signal or Tx is off, the throttle is at lowest (off).
Old May 12, 2012, 10:35 PM
VA
Joined Nov 2009
2,681 Posts
Indeed it is dangerous. It is exactly what happens when your rx failsafe setting is set to go full throttle on tx signal loss. Read the directions for your radio equipment to see how to set the rx failsafe to low throttle on tx signal loss. That way the motors cut off rather than go full throttle.

Quote:
pug398 is offline Find More Posts by pug398
Old May 12, 2012, 10:36 PM
United States, MD
Joined May 2012
204 Posts
How do i set it? Im using a spektrum ar51110e. Do i set it on that, or on the KK?
iCrap is offline Find More Posts by iCrap
Old May 12, 2012, 10:45 PM
USA, KS, Derby
Joined Mar 2003
1,476 Posts
Quote:
How do i set it? Im using a spektrum ar51110e. Do i set it on that, or on the KK?
You need to set the FailSafe in your radio system. I'm have Futaba and not familiar with Spectrum but surely, it will be detailed in your radio manual, if the FailSafe is available for that Rx. Or, someone here with Spectrum radio system maybe able to help. If not, you may want to check in the Radio forum too.
Old May 12, 2012, 10:48 PM
VA
Joined Nov 2009
2,681 Posts
Don't have that particular spektrum rx but I just have to bind twice with the throttle and trim low to set the failsafe at that position.
pug398 is offline Find More Posts by pug398
Old May 15, 2012, 04:53 PM
UK
Joined Nov 2010
81 Posts
would it take much to change the code to set a failsafe to cut throttle if signal is lost? I am using a 9x with a hkt6a and the quad keeps the last input when the signal is lost not very safe if I was flying towards a road and my battery went flat.
Stu2 is offline Find More Posts by Stu2
Old May 16, 2012, 02:34 AM
Joined Aug 2005
5 Posts
Hi,

My question is this , I suspected a bad esc and to verify I replaced it with a
larger one ,18 to 25 amps, both programmable HK SS types ,seems to fly ok
nothing is getting hot ect, just wondering is this is ok or did I just get lucky.

Thanks Jim
silver3 is offline Find More Posts by silver3
Old May 16, 2012, 03:50 AM
Slovenia, Ljubljana
Joined Sep 2011
1,548 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stu2 View Post
would it take much to change the code to set a failsafe to cut throttle if signal is lost? I am using a 9x with a hkt6a and the quad keeps the last input when the signal is lost not very safe if I was flying towards a road and my battery went flat.
I did ask the same question maybe 2 months ago but no answer. So put Frsky into 9x and you'll have failsafe. I bought Frsky who has failsafe and i'm happy now.
er9xuser is offline Find More Posts by er9xuser
Old May 16, 2012, 05:20 AM
United Kingdom
Joined Nov 2008
2,035 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stu2 View Post
Problem is that typically, if Rx looses signal, it still continues to output a signal to FC board.
Note that at power-on, an Rx typically won't output a signal until it connects to Tx
Mike Barton is offline Find More Posts by Mike Barton
Old May 16, 2012, 03:53 PM
UK
Joined Nov 2010
81 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Barton View Post
Problem is that typically, if Rx looses signal, it still continues to output a signal to FC board.
Note that at power-on, an Rx typically won't output a signal until it connects to Tx
the failsafe works fine with multiwii with the hkt6a receiver so I am sure it would not take much to program it into the kkboard, with a servo connected to ch3 on the hkt6a the servo will always keep the last position, but with an esc/motor connected it will cut power to the motor if signal is lost. I am not sure how the esc detects loss of signal but should not be a problem for the kkboard with a small change in the code? might have a look myself if I get some time, not that I know what I am doing
Stu2 is offline Find More Posts by Stu2
Old May 16, 2012, 08:51 PM
Gainesville, FL USA
Joined Sep 2001
356 Posts
I'm getting an error code......
HK v2 board
USB loader from Getfpv

Writing | ################################################## | 100% 1.52s

avrdude.exe: 4136 bytes of flash written
avrdude.exe: verifying flash memory against C:\Users\Jason\Desktop\KK\tmp\Quad_4_7_X_m168_scal estick_3.hex:
avrdude.exe: load data flash data from input file C:\Users\Jason\Desktop\KK\tmp\Quad_4_7_X_m168_scal estick_3.hex:
avrdude.exe: input file C:\Users\Jason\Desktop\KK\tmp\Quad_4_7_X_m168_scal estick_3.hex contains 4136 bytes
avrdude.exe: reading on-chip flash data:

Reading | ###avrdude.exe: error: wrong reading bytes 70
##avrdude.exe: error: wrong reading bytes 70
####avrdude.exe: error: wrong reading bytes 60
######################################### | 100% 1.10s

avrdude.exe: verifying ...
avrdude.exe: verification error, first mismatch at byte 0x04e8
0x00 != 0x01
avrdude.exe: verification error; content mismatch

avrdude.exe done. Thank you.

Error during writing flash.

Can anyone help please?
Thanks, Jason
jason f is offline Find More Posts by jason f
Old May 17, 2012, 02:17 PM
Master of Flash
Alsdorf/Eifel, Germany
Joined Jun 2005
1,576 Posts
Please delete the tmp folder in the flashtool folder and try again seems that the download of the firmware from the Internet failed.

Best Christian
LazyZero is offline Find More Posts by LazyZero