HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jun 20, 2011, 05:04 PM
X - USAF X - FAA
Santa Ana, CA
Joined Dec 2004
130 Posts
Discussion
How do you set up for "crow/spoilers/reflex"

I have a simple sailplane; Throtle, Ele, Rud and Ailerons. I am using a DX7 and a 6 channel RX. I want to know how to raise both ailerons using them as a spoiler/crow/reflex on approach controlling the yaw with the rudder. I don't want to set up flaps or build spoilers in the wing.
Any help would be appreciated very much.
Bob
sa-woody is offline Find More Posts by sa-woody
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 20, 2011, 06:23 PM
Charlotte, NC
Joined Jan 2004
5,841 Posts
Use the mixes, easy to do and use the trims up on the top center to control them...
Evan D is offline Find More Posts by Evan D
Old Jun 20, 2011, 07:34 PM
Growing up is overrated
Bellevue, WA, USA
Joined Nov 2009
317 Posts
Hi Bob
I have a DX6i, not a DX7, but I imagine the setup will be similar. I assume that you have two servos for the ailerons, and that they are each plugged into the receiver, one to the aileron channel and one to the aux channel. This can’t be done if the servos are fed through a Y plug. You then activate the flap control so you can use the flap switch to move both ailerons in the same direction. Use whatever setting you need to get them both up when you put the flap switch down. You should still have aileron control for roll even with the ailerons up, it just gives you a new neutral position. You will also want to experiment with mixing in some elevator with the spoilerons. I hope this helps.
Mike
MikeC47 is offline Find More Posts by MikeC47
Old Jun 21, 2011, 06:03 PM
X - USAF X - FAA
Santa Ana, CA
Joined Dec 2004
130 Posts
Thanks Mike
All is well in lala land.
Bob
sa-woody is offline Find More Posts by sa-woody