SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jun 20, 2011, 06:17 AM
Australia, QLD, Burpengary
Joined Jun 2011
16 Posts
Discussion
Instruction Manual Error in J-Power T-45 50mm CG postion

I have just recieved an e-mail from J-Power regarding the CG shown in their T-45 50mm Instruction Manual. Further to my inquiries, they have now confirmed that the CG shown in their Instructions is indeed totally in-correct, and they have released a new diagram showing the correct intended position for the CG for the T-45 50mm. This is the e-mail :-

Dear Jon,

Good day!

Thank you very much for your assistant on our quality control.

Yes. I got reply from our R&D department, the CG for T-45 is wrong in our manual, we revised the version already, enclosed I also put the right version as per ref. Refer attached new drawing for T-45 CG.

We are sorry to bring you this problems. and sincerely appreciate your help on the quality control on our products.

Thanks!
Shirley
J-Power

Hopefully this info will be of use to new T-45 owners. I got concerned that the picture shown in the manual may have been incorrect, when I realised that every other J-Power EDF plane manual used the front of the wing (or where it meets the fusalage) as the reference point to measure where the actual CG should be.

For those that don't know the T-45, the instruction manual incorrectly shows the CG mark as being on the left hand vertical marker line in the picture, i.e the front of the wing where it meets the fusalage, instead of the right hand marker line . The correct "stock" CG position is now shown below.
JonDv is offline Find More Posts by JonDv
Last edited by JonDv; Jun 20, 2011 at 07:14 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 20, 2011, 09:40 AM
United States, MI, Royal Oak
Joined Nov 2005
1,366 Posts
Great to know, thanks for the update. Haven t maidened mine yet.
JGuilty13 is offline Find More Posts by JGuilty13
Old Jun 20, 2011, 03:13 PM
Effumall
Joined Nov 2005
3,619 Posts
If you put the battery where they have it, you will be so nose heavy, you won't be able to pull out of a steep dive. (Don't ask me how I know)

I put the battery right in front of the servos, and it's fine. Using an 800.
kelberts is offline Find More Posts by kelberts