HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by Get Real, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Jun 20, 2011, 03:34 AM
Flippin Multirotors
Illinois
Joined Feb 2006
5,040 Posts
Discussion
Baja 5sc And Another Fun Bash!

Surprisingly the baja has been holding up to quite a bit of abuse. Its not as quick and nimble as a 4wd truggy and you cant recover in the air from a botched jump nearly as well so its been taking some knocks. Having the sc body on it just like the 1/10 scale sc trucks it can flip the truck in the air if the nose is up to high and it gets to much air under the body.

BigSquidRc Bash! (2 min 13 sec)
Get Real is offline Find More Posts by Get Real
RCG Plus Member
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 06, 2011, 01:15 PM
Vanadu
Canada, YT, Whitehorse
Joined Dec 2008
3,856 Posts
Nice vid

Do you need anything special to convert a 5t to a 5SC? (aside from the body)
Heavy Chevy is online now Find More Posts by Heavy Chevy
Old Sep 06, 2011, 02:30 PM
Flippin Multirotors
Illinois
Joined Feb 2006
5,040 Posts
The castle conversion comes with everything you need except lipos.
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 06, 2011, 03:30 PM
Vanadu
Canada, YT, Whitehorse
Joined Dec 2008
3,856 Posts
^^Thanks, but I meant converting to the short course truck, (5SC), not going electric.

I'm wondering if there are different body mount brackets for the short course truck body?
Heavy Chevy is online now Find More Posts by Heavy Chevy
Old Sep 07, 2011, 04:40 AM
Flippin Multirotors
Illinois
Joined Feb 2006
5,040 Posts
Both bodies fit the same mounts,currently i have the 5t body on mine now. Ofcourse if you have the 5t and go to the sc body you wont have the sc rear bumper and the front bumper will be different as well as the updated axles and hubs etc, i took the mud flaps off,didnt care for them. Heres some video from last week,someone wanted to see it run so i brought it with when i stopped at the local shop. Glad you caught that,for some reason it didnt register... everyone always asks about the conversion etc from gas and for some reason when i seen ''convert'' i just typed that other info in .

Hobby Town USA Orland Baja Brushless Conversion Demo! (3 min 50 sec)
RCG Plus Member