HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 11, 2011, 01:05 PM
United States, WV, Calhoun
Joined Nov 2004
509 Posts
I have been flying my Syncro for a while now and find it to be a very solid flyer.

My greatest interest in the sport today is in training others to fly glow powered planes. My students fly my planes until they solo then they can get their first entry level glow plane. All my students start out on an electric plane and then move to an LT 40.

My electric trainer of choice used to be an upgraded Easy Star. But now I use the Syncro with the glider wing.

The Syncro makes a great trainer. My setup is an E-flite 400 4200 KV, 2600 3 cell lipo, and an ESC from an old Radian. Flight times are 15 to 20 minutes.

The Syncro does not even notice modest amounts of wind and it has plenty of power to fly with authority. Hand launches are easy. The fact that it has ailerons makes it an almost perfect flier. And being an EDF adds to the thrill level for the student.

I recommend the Syncro over the Easy Star for an entry level plane.

Note it is too heavy to be considered a good sailplane. But for an entry level e-flier or just a fun Sunday flier it can't be beat.

Todd
skyhawk1 is offline Find More Posts by skyhawk1
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 11, 2011, 06:07 PM
Groundloop World Champion
USA, AZ, Glendale
Joined Jan 2002
1,178 Posts
There is/was a seller on ebay selling the Synchro for $75 with free shipping.

Old_dude
old_dude is offline Find More Posts by old_dude
Old Aug 28, 2011, 07:30 PM
Sierra Vista, Arizona, USA
Joined Mar 2001
2 Posts
Motor Extension Wires

Where do you get the extension wires for the motor. I've looked around, but can't seem to find them any place.

Bill
Wild is offline Find More Posts by Wild
Old Sep 09, 2011, 10:44 AM
gilford, new hampshire, usa
Joined Nov 2003
825 Posts
I just completed my first flight with my syncro - sport wing. Very nice and very happy with it. I used a turnigy 3S 1800 mah 25C battery, left wheels on, DX8 trans, $3.99 rx, programed flaperons and flaps, Htx 9 gm servos. Plenty fast enough for me, rolls and loops nicely. Can glide in nicely to land on grass with full flaps and power off! No nasty stall tendencies. It did need a bit of up trim for straight and level flight.
nebuchadnezzar is offline Find More Posts by nebuchadnezzar
Old Sep 09, 2011, 10:46 AM
Joined Nov 2003
825 Posts
Also I used the recommended e=flite motor as I was too impatient to order something from HK.
Old Sep 09, 2011, 10:48 AM
EDF all the way!
Gilbert, Az
Joined Jun 1999
7,984 Posts
Have mine for sale in the jet section. Need to fund my Habu 32.
Bob
bruff is online now Find More Posts by bruff
Old Sep 10, 2011, 01:22 PM
El Paso
Joined Jan 2011
256 Posts
syncro mods

If you use the wheels, then it's good to have the nose steerable. Cheap and easy is to caster it. I used an old tail wheel bracket.

No prop disk infront makes the syncro a natural camera carrier. I built a faired box for a cheap thumb cam.

That's low temp yellow film for better visability.
oldsamer is offline Find More Posts by oldsamer
Old Sep 16, 2011, 06:12 PM
GliderPilot
United States, NC, Charlotte
Joined Aug 2011
267 Posts
Well I have looked @ this bird for awhile and I also own a Phase III U2 EDF, which is still in the box. I have never built, own nor flown this type craft, so is all new to me.
So after much research and pouring over all I could find on the GP Syncro, a order was placed w/Tower Hobbies for the kit that comes w/motor and ESC.
I went ahead and opted for this version since it came w/what GP's recommends.

GP Ammo 24-33-404 In-runner Brushless
GP Silver Series 25A Brushless ESC/BEC
GP ElectriFly 11.1V 1800mAh 3S LiPo

Total for kit after $35.00 off w/Preferred discount, see it pays to join this @ Tower Hobbies, and free ship for same: $207.00

There were a few other items included in that order as well!
Looking forward to building this and seeing how a EDF compairs to a prop'd glider.
rickhensley is offline Find More Posts by rickhensley
Old Sep 25, 2011, 04:35 PM
Joined Nov 2003
825 Posts
I am using the flaperon setting on the sport wing. 10% for take off and approach and 20% for the last 40 feet of landing. Really makes for a smooth take off with a hand launch. Our grass is too long for short ROG takeoffs.
Old Oct 22, 2011, 11:06 PM
United States, OR, Hood River
Joined Sep 2011
11 Posts
Has anyone tried this plane slope soaring? It sounds like a very versatile plane that I would like to teach my girlfriend on but would love to have the option to go sloping when the wind picks up.
Thanks,
Chris
stan3535 is offline Find More Posts by stan3535
Last edited by stan3535; Oct 23, 2011 at 04:34 PM.
Old Dec 19, 2011, 06:22 PM
Joined Nov 2010
349 Posts
What servos are people using for this plane? I know that futaba servos are recommended, but what would be the HH equivalent?
ufale is offline Find More Posts by ufale
Old Dec 22, 2011, 07:39 AM
MaineFlyer
Augusta, Me
Joined Feb 2005
937 Posts
I used Hitec servos for mine. As follows:
Hitec HS-56HB servos for ailerons on the glider wing and HS-65HB servos for rudder and elevator.
When I assembled the aerobatic wing, I ended up using HS-55 servos as that is what I had available. Probably would have used HS-56HB on the aerobatic wing if I had them available. Not a problem with any servo yet.
Many flights!

Joe
jpgilbert is offline Find More Posts by jpgilbert
Old Dec 29, 2011, 01:32 PM
Living to Build'em and Fly'em.
Joined Jul 2011
62 Posts
Syncro Slop Soaring

Quote:
Originally Posted by stan3535 View Post
Has anyone tried this plane slope soaring? It sounds like a very versatile plane that I would like to teach my girlfriend on but would love to have the option to go sloping when the wind picks up.
Thanks,
Chris
I've been using the glider wing quite a bit. Haven't actually flown it with the sport wing yet. If you have good Dynamic wind, it'll float pretty good.

I've recently started getting into the combat slope fighters... on my 2nd at the moment, because I can't get the EPP or EPO foam here...
Mr.GFC is offline Find More Posts by Mr.GFC
Old Jan 06, 2012, 10:17 PM
United States, OR, Hood River
Joined Sep 2011
11 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.GFC View Post
I've been using the glider wing quite a bit. Haven't actually flown it with the sport wing yet. If you have good Dynamic wind, it'll float pretty good.

I've recently started getting into the combat slope fighters... on my 2nd at the moment, because I can't get the EPP or EPO foam here...
Hi there,
So when you say "dynamic wind" are you just speaking of a windy day or have you actually tries it sloping where you use your combat wings?
Thanks
stan3535 is offline Find More Posts by stan3535
Old Dec 15, 2012, 08:10 AM
Dacula, GA
Joined Feb 2008
3,772 Posts
These are now on sale for $50 at Tower. Great deal. Get the Evader 4s motor though as it's pretty pokey on the recommended motor.
rpstar is online now Find More Posts by rpstar