HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Closed Thread
This thread is privately moderated by extremewing, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Jun 19, 2011, 03:47 PM
A different attitude to RC
Draper, Utah
Joined Sep 2008
2,256 Posts
Alert
Test Version of RC (DLG) Timer for Android

extremewing is online now Find More Posts by extremewing
Last edited by extremewing; Apr 03, 2014 at 03:18 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 19, 2011, 05:00 PM
Draper, Utah
Joined Sep 2008
2,256 Posts
Please let me have any feedback on the F3B and J tasks. I don't know if they are actually what is needed for the timer... manually or even using motion launch.
Old Jun 22, 2011, 10:14 AM
Cambridge
Joined Sep 2005
639 Posts
Hi Adrian,

This looks very interesting. I fly F5B and was wondering if it would it be possible to modify the app to have an F5B mode as well? www.f5b.co.uk for the rules outline.
Basically you have from launch 3min 20sec to complete as many 150m legs as possible and them you are immediately into a duration task of 10 minutes with a spot landing (no landing between tasks).

So in theory all the pieces are already in place in the app just need combined in the correct way

The motion launch is an excellent idea!

Alan
Alan Flockhart is offline Find More Posts by Alan Flockhart
Old Jun 22, 2011, 11:58 AM
Draper, Utah
Joined Sep 2008
2,256 Posts
Hello Alan

From looking at the rules, the timer must not stop at the end of the "window", but keep going so you can score the late landing penalty is this right? Also, do you want the timer to keep track of the motor on time? Perhaps pressing the screen is motor on/off instead of landing since you only do one "flight"?
Old Jun 22, 2011, 12:47 PM
Cambridge
Joined Sep 2005
639 Posts
I wouldn't worry about counting motor run time. If easy to do let's keep the timer running for late landing as well.

The main things which would be useful for us are.
1. Timer triggered by launch movement or from pressing screen to start and have a selectable spoken count down for when to launch.

2. Then within the 3.20 task tell us the time every 20 seconds and during the last 10 seconds of the task counting down so we know when time is up.

Then in duration mode (which starts immediately after distance) have a 30 second voice until 9mins then 5 seconds until 9.45 where it switches to every second.

The planes with the motor on are doing up to 160mph so you don't want to be pressing a button for start and stop

If it is difficult to reset the clock after 3.20 to 0 and count up to 10.00 it is fine to count to 13.20

Hope the above makes sense!

Would you share the code for doing this?

Thanks

Alan
Alan Flockhart is offline Find More Posts by Alan Flockhart
Old Jun 23, 2011, 09:30 PM
Draper, Utah
Joined Sep 2008
2,256 Posts
I am in the process of making it change the target from an initial 3:20 to 10:00 during a 13:20 window. It will do this as the time goes past without the need to push any buttons (it is one flight!). We could customise the commentary for the task.

Please PM me your email if you want to help test any new versions before they go to market!
Closed Thread