HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 27, 2011, 03:06 PM
United Kingdom, England, Darwen
Joined Aug 2007
595 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bamabaxter View Post
didn't see that and still don't....I could be a blind fool. I did just get an email response confirming mid January.
good..
mark the shark is online now Find More Posts by mark the shark
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 27, 2011, 03:09 PM
Canada, ON, Toronto
Joined Apr 2011
1,650 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bakchos View Post
Its a shame, we always get ignored, and its not because of the holidays, its been this way for a long time, perfect example of a company that knows too much they have a great product and dont think its a good idea to take care of customers...

bad thing is a sold a completely working EagleTree OSD with guardian for this RVOSD5, the buyer of my OSD got a killer deal....my brother who use to have a RVOSD5 switched over to Dragon OSD and LOVES it.
@bakchos

Can you say what in particular your brother liked about Dragon OSD vs RVOSD5 - I'm just curious and trying to wrap my head around the differences between the 'high end' OSD's.

Thx
idletime is offline Find More Posts by idletime
Old Dec 27, 2011, 03:24 PM
2Vision-Air
Canada, QC, Blainville
Joined Aug 2009
2,214 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by idletime View Post
@bakchos

Can you say what in particular your brother liked about Dragon OSD vs RVOSD5 - I'm just curious and trying to wrap my head around the differences between the 'high end' OSD's.

Thx
Well, the 1st RVOSD5 he got was defective, he had a hard time getting in contact with RangeVideo to get an answer, after lots of email he got the OSD returned and fix (He had to pay for shipping....)

My RVOSD have to be around 1.80 Hdop to get a home point setup, his dragon OSD gets 1.00 hdop instantly, Dragon OSD is fully configurable (like EagleTree) and has been working flawlessly, only down side is the stabilization, that is the main reason i wanted a RVOSD5, PPM+RTH and stabilization all in one package was a deal breaker for me, but i have to say that i miss my EagleTree, i changed it because of PPM, now i fly a wing and would prefer EagleTree.

Anyway, they are all good product, but i will go with best after sale service and support next time, so it wont be a RVOSD.
bakchos is online now Find More Posts by bakchos
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 27, 2011, 06:56 PM
I love the smell of elapor....
Setauket, New York
Joined Oct 2009
309 Posts
where on their site does it say mid jan?
MaximumBob is offline Find More Posts by MaximumBob
Old Dec 27, 2011, 07:00 PM
I love the smell of elapor....
Setauket, New York
Joined Oct 2009
309 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmarkcooper View Post
shouts!!!!! middle of January its tells you on there site....
wher eon their site does it say this?
greenland!!?? wow.....any fpv videos from greenland to share???????? i am obsessed with greenland. what a beautiful spot
MaximumBob is offline Find More Posts by MaximumBob
Old Dec 27, 2011, 10:43 PM
Multi Rotor Maniac
Australia, VIC, Melbourne
Joined Oct 2007
2,876 Posts
Not good hearing about RV's poor customer service.

On a brighter note ive just had my third flight using RVOSD5 and its working very well. RTH is great. Today I had the courage to flick over to RTH after launch, turned around and walked back to the ground station without looking then took over control after about a minute. Lovin it!!

Now I just need to figure out how to put both Heading Hold (or Fly By Wire) and RTH on separate switches so I dont have to swap over in the in-flight menu. Cant wait for my next flight.
Stunt Double is offline Find More Posts by Stunt Double
Old Dec 27, 2011, 10:52 PM
Village Idiot!
United States, NV, Las Vegas
Joined Apr 2011
1,932 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stunt Double View Post
Now I just need to figure out how to put both Heading Hold (or Fly By Wire) and RTH on separate switches so I dont have to swap over in the in-flight menu. Cant wait for my next flight.
What radio (controller) do you use? Can you mix a switch to your throttle? Set your fail safe to 110% throttle and just flip a switch (120% throttle). I have my throttle set to fail safe at 95% so I can just firewall the throttle at activate the RTH. My plane climbs straight up at 75% throttle, so having the RTH on at full throttle doesn't bother me.
ScooterInVegas is offline Find More Posts by ScooterInVegas
Old Dec 27, 2011, 11:27 PM
Multi Rotor Maniac
Joined Oct 2007
2,876 Posts
Im using a futaba 9CHP. I dont think it would be too difficult to trigger 110% throttle with a mix. But I do like your idea of just using the throttle stick. I dont think my skywalker would ever need full throttle anyway, the wings would probably fall off!!
Old Dec 27, 2011, 11:57 PM
USA, TN, Murfreesboro
Joined Dec 2009
256 Posts
Programming the 9C for RTH is pretty easy. MartnY put some very clear instructions on the RVOSD forum. http://rangevideo.com/forum/showthre...ghlight=futaba

Instead of using the high throttle setting RVOSD now let's you use low throttle for RTH. I use it as its much safer in case the inevitable happens.
avropilot is offline Find More Posts by avropilot
Old Dec 28, 2011, 12:04 AM
Multi Rotor Maniac
Joined Oct 2007
2,876 Posts
Are there any reports of RVOSD not kicking in with a full throttle failsafe and having the plane fly away at full speed? The low throttle option is probably safer
Old Dec 28, 2011, 12:11 AM
2Vision-Air
Canada, QC, Blainville
Joined Aug 2009
2,214 Posts
Quote:
Are there any reports of RVOSD not kicking in with a full throttle failsafe and having the plane fly away at full speed? The low throttle option is probably safer
I dont know, but asking the question scares me enough to not try it, i prefer my switch.
bakchos is online now Find More Posts by bakchos
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 28, 2011, 01:18 AM
Village Idiot!
Joined Apr 2011
1,932 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by avropilot View Post
Instead of using the high throttle setting RVOSD now let's you use low throttle for RTH. I use it as its much safer in case the inevitable happens.
Quote:
Think about it guys.... If your RVOSD DOES go into RTH, its NOT wide open. Its at the normal "cruise" speed. If your RTH is active, your cruise setting is too. If you RTH is NOT active, you still have full control of your plane.

Ive had my RVOSD set this way for a long time. It works great. For me anyway.

Low "throttle option" safer? If you bump your trim, plane could take off at cruise RPM from a dead stop on your work bench. Low throttle is not safer.

Just to be clear, Im not talking about your Fail Safe settings only, Im talking about activating the RTH with your throttle while your flying. This lets you keep FBW set on your switch. You can do the same thing with a throttle/switch MIX too. I just dont have that on the radio that my Dragon Link is on.
Old Dec 28, 2011, 05:52 AM
You can't take the sky from me
Slovakia, Bratislava Region, Bratislava
Joined Jun 2006
754 Posts
Low throttle failsafe is much safer in case you put your receiver to another airplane... If you accidently turn off radio before unplugging the battery... well, not funny at all.
Rastislavko is online now Find More Posts by Rastislavko
Old Dec 28, 2011, 10:42 AM
Village Idiot!
Joined Apr 2011
1,932 Posts
Put Rx in another plane? Not going to happen. I have lots of planes and quad copters, they each how there own Rx. You would put a Rx in a plane and set it up? Really?
Old Dec 28, 2011, 10:52 AM
United States, MI
Joined Dec 2002
1,070 Posts
If you really want RTH to come on just flip the off switch on your tx. Why do you need another switch?
jeff2215 is offline Find More Posts by jeff2215