Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Dec 19, 2011, 07:28 AM
Le Havre, FRANCE
Joined Feb 2007
1,875 Posts
I think the altitude limit is the altitude above or below the cruise altitude that must not be exceeded.
For example the cruise alt is set to 500m and limit alt to 100m, then if you switch to autopilot it will maintain the plane between 600m and 400m.
lrrps is offline Find More Posts by lrrps
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 19, 2011, 07:44 AM
The way of being is doing.
Italia, Emilia Romagna, Ravenna
Joined Apr 2009
431 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by lrrps View Post
I think the altitude limit is the altitude above or below the cruise altitude that must not be exceeded.
For example the cruise alt is set to 500m and limit alt to 100m, then if you switch to autopilot it will maintain the plane between 600m and 400m.
Seems like a good interpretation...
IMEIV is online now Find More Posts by IMEIV
Old Dec 19, 2011, 11:20 AM
Joined Feb 2011
10 Posts
rth switch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bear_Pants View Post
So how can I go about making a switch for RTH? I guess I can live without the menu switching. Kinda sucks though. I want to atleast toggle RTH if something is going wrong. Or have it RTH if I disconnect my transmitter. Being able to use FBW would have been cool. Stupid fly sky.
simple just use a free mix to set a switch that puts your throttle at the failsafe level
Mineburg is offline Find More Posts by Mineburg
Old Dec 19, 2011, 03:35 PM
Denmark, Capital Region of Denmark, Brøndbyvester
Joined Jun 2009
591 Posts
Quote:
I was pretty sure that it worked like this -

If your Cruise altitude is 200 meters and Altitude limit is 100 meters (default), and you are below 300 meters, then your plane should turn on the motor and climb to 300 meters (200 + 100) and when reaching 300 meters altitude, it should turn off the motor and glide down to 200 meters - and then start again to climb to 300 meters.

But now I'm not that sure anymore

- Kim -
SpookiePower is offline Find More Posts by SpookiePower
Last edited by SpookiePower; Dec 19, 2011 at 04:45 PM.
Old Dec 19, 2011, 06:11 PM
Joined Jan 2008
942 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by man2000me View Post
Imeiv - I think you have quite a few things mixed up. When the AHI (Artificail Horizon Indicator) is set to IMU that means that the osd is using the IMU for all AP(Auto Pilot) functions. The other option is IR Sensors. They were used with the g4 and were affected by clouds, water, anything that had a temperature different from its surroundings. Cruise Altitude + Altitude Control Limit will determind what altitude the rvosd will attemt to keep the plane at. When the plane is above the combined hieght of the Cruise Altitude + Altitude Control Limit, the rvosd will use the glide throttle setting and try to descend to the determind altitude. When the Plane is below the determind the altitude, the rvosd with use cruise throttle to attempt to stay or try to get to determind altitude.
---
sharonx is offline Find More Posts by sharonx
Old Dec 19, 2011, 06:13 PM
Joined Jan 2008
942 Posts
Quote:
are you sure about this ? in the air it looks wrong- it always trying to keep the exact sum of two. So what is the limit for ?
Old Dec 19, 2011, 06:14 PM
Joined Jan 2008
942 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpookiePower View Post
I was pretty sure that it worked like this -

If your Cruise altitude is 200 meters and Altitude limit is 100 meters (default), and you are below 300 meters, then your plane should turn on the motor and climb to 300 meters (200 + 100) and when reaching 300 meters altitude, it should turn off the motor and glide down to 200 meters - and then start again to climb to 300 meters.

But now I'm not that sure anymore

- Kim -
Also seems wrong in the air - it never goes much below 300
Old Dec 20, 2011, 12:58 AM
Le Havre, FRANCE
Joined Feb 2007
1,875 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mineburg View Post
simple just use a free mix to set a switch that puts your throttle at the failsafe level
It might sound simple but I can't figure out how to program that switch to set RTH on my DX7.
Old Dec 20, 2011, 01:00 AM
Le Havre, FRANCE
Joined Feb 2007
1,875 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sharonx View Post
are you sure about this ? in the air it looks wrong- it always trying to keep the exact sum of two. So what is the limit for ?
Only Alex or Vova can give the correct answer to that question.
Old Dec 20, 2011, 01:53 AM
Joined Jan 2008
942 Posts
alex, vova
please calm us down...
Old Dec 20, 2011, 07:17 AM
I love the smell of elapor....
Setauket, New York
Joined Oct 2009
304 Posts
or how about also telling us when you are getting more stock. such a shame to have missed the xmas season. i wanted a gen5 in my stocking and now my WIFE is telling me that the dragon osd is also good.......i told her to hold off, but as a proud owner of a gen 3 and a gen 4 , does anyone have a clue as to when we will be able to buy this? is rangevideo stilll open? all i see is big RED out-of-stock signs on the website?
MaximumBob is offline Find More Posts by MaximumBob
Old Dec 20, 2011, 07:34 AM
Praying for better weather
Joined Dec 2007
4,100 Posts
N idea, i missed out too
Coyote64 is offline Find More Posts by Coyote64
Old Dec 20, 2011, 07:46 AM
Mums the word.
St.Augustine, FL
Joined Sep 2009
2,061 Posts
The AP will try and keep the plane at altitude which you select. For example:

If you set the cruise alt to 300 and altitude limit to 100 then the plane will attemp to stay at 400. When the plane gets to 390 the cruise throttle will turn on. When at 410 the glide throttle will turn on.

This why it is important to set cruise throttle to a setting (when not in AP) that the plane will fly level but also have the ability to climb. With Glide throttle (when not in AP) the plane should lose altitude slightly.
man2000me is offline Find More Posts by man2000me
Old Dec 20, 2011, 08:12 AM
The way of being is doing.
Italia, Emilia Romagna, Ravenna
Joined Apr 2009
431 Posts
Waiting to come out the RVTracker I think to buy EzTracker and Immersion Tiny Telemetry to use for Antenna Tracker... I think that could be an alternative in the meantime continuing to use RVOSD5 in my plane. Here you can find the two products http://www.immersionrc.com/

What do you think about ?

Also there is MyFlyDreamTracking but requires GPS sharing while EzTracker and Tiny Telemetry is an isolated system that works separately...
IMEIV is online now Find More Posts by IMEIV
Old Dec 20, 2011, 08:29 AM
FPV Desert Beta Test Center
Mesa, Arizona
Joined Nov 2006
2,370 Posts
Cruise Altitude and Glide Limit work to protect your desired min altitude.

For example if you want the plane to stay above 300ft you would set Cruise Altitude to 300ft and if you want to plane to climb no higher than 400ft you would set Altitude Limit to 100ft.

With those settings when the plane decends to 300ft the motor would go to Cruise Throttle and if you have set Cruise Throttle high enough the plane would climb to 400ft at which time the motor would go to Glide Throttle and if you have set Glide Throttle low enough the plane will either continue level flight or decend back to 300ft.
Gary Evans is offline Find More Posts by Gary Evans