HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 12, 2011, 04:43 AM
Mums the word.
St.Augustine, FL
Joined Sep 2009
2,061 Posts
Go to your RSSI min using the tv remote thingy. Turn off the rc tx. The number should be much lower then the max. set you min rssi.

Turn the rctx back on, go to rssi max and set that. Should be a higher number then the min. Your rssi should be working correctly now.
man2000me is offline Find More Posts by man2000me
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 12, 2011, 04:49 AM
Le Havre, FRANCE
Joined Feb 2007
1,875 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by man2000me View Post
Go to your RSSI min using the tv remote thingy. Turn off the rc tx. The number should be much lower then the max. set you min rssi.

Turn the rctx back on, go to rssi max and set that. Should be a higher number then the min. Your rssi should be working correctly now.
Hey, that sounds cool, I will try that when I get back from work.
Thanks.
lrrps is offline Find More Posts by lrrps
Old Dec 12, 2011, 05:37 AM
United Kingdom, England, Darwen
Joined Aug 2007
420 Posts
does anyone know if using the chalinkik rc system with rvosd5 other than the rx side is there anything else neede to be changed on the rvosd5 ie can i just plug it in stright to the rvosd5 and rx thanks mark
mark the shark is offline Find More Posts by mark the shark
Old Dec 12, 2011, 12:06 PM
Plane Destroyer / Life Enjoyer
Miami, FL
Joined May 2009
3,452 Posts
Ya Lrrps, man2000 talked me through the rssi calibration, its as easy as what he said.

As far as you other questions I am using a 500mw 1.3 VTX, using 1 battery to power everything. No torroid rings or LC filters, just twisted cables.
airbagit13 is online now Find More Posts by airbagit13
Old Dec 12, 2011, 01:50 PM
Le Havre, FRANCE
Joined Feb 2007
1,875 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by man2000me View Post

Thanks man, works great now, I find that digital (percentage) is easier to see than analog.
Old Dec 12, 2011, 01:51 PM
Le Havre, FRANCE
Joined Feb 2007
1,875 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by airbagit13 View Post
Ya Lrrps, man2000 talked me through the rssi calibration, its as easy as what he said.

As far as you other questions I am using a 500mw 1.3 VTX, using 1 battery to power everything. No torroid rings or LC filters, just twisted cables.
Is your radio TX 2.4 Ghz, what about your VRX, I have an RC-305.
Old Dec 12, 2011, 06:33 PM
Brasil, RJ, Rio de Janeiro
Joined Aug 2011
78 Posts
i reeeeally want a Rvosd5 ... Any one knows when it will back to stock ?
Gustavovon is offline Find More Posts by Gustavovon
Old Dec 12, 2011, 08:31 PM
Stillwater, Oklahoma
Joined May 2004
245 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by IMEIV View Post
Precisely the AHI (Artificial Horizon) had these problems:
- Very slow
- Not kept parallel with the horizon
While mine does keep parallel with the horizon, it too, on occasion is VERY slow. The AHI moves in the correct direction, but at about 1/10 the speed needed.

Is this a common probblem? What is the solution? A friend suggested it was a problem between the accelerometers and and the gyros. To be honest with you, I thought of them interchangably!

Cheers!

SLCPilot
SLCPilot is online now Find More Posts by SLCPilot
Old Dec 13, 2011, 12:57 AM
The way of being is doing.
Italia, Emilia Romagna, Ravenna
Joined Apr 2009
431 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLCPilot View Post
While mine does keep parallel with the horizon, it too, on occasion is VERY slow. The AHI moves in the correct direction, but at about 1/10 the speed needed.

Is this a common probblem? What is the solution? A friend suggested it was a problem between the accelerometers and and the gyros. To be honest with you, I thought of them interchangably!

Cheers!

SLCPilot

My problem was caused by connecting before main battery and then auxiliary battery.. I performed the reverse order and the problem seems solved.
IMEIV is offline Find More Posts by IMEIV
Old Dec 13, 2011, 12:20 PM
team n00b - captain
Canada, BC, Vancouver
Joined Aug 2011
158 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gitcho View Post
I've noticed that 3 out of 4 times I power on, my servos bind in one direction. I can sometimes make it stop by moving the cables connected to the RVOSD - as if it were really sensitive and there was some kind of loose connection.

Any ideas what to look for to resolve it?
Found the cause of my crazy servo jitter ... it wasn't the RVOSD5 causing my servos to bind or jitter, it was the frequency and position of my lawmate 1.2ghz 1w video transmitter and some cheap quality servos.

My affected servo: KDS 9g micro servo

Servo jitter from lawmate 1.2ghz 1W video transmitter (0 min 14 sec)

This is a known problem with some servos ... for those that experience this, there's some good info in this thread: 1.2Ghz Tx/Rx All infos on one page

Posting this here for others who perhaps aren't as electrically inclined and are having a harder time with the RC FPV learning curve ... you're not alone ... you're not crazy ... there are greener n00bs than you out there (this guy: gitcho <-----) ...

hope this saves someone a few hours ...
gitcho is offline Find More Posts by gitcho
Old Dec 13, 2011, 02:44 PM
Maximum Attack
Denmark, Central Denmark Region, Lystrup
Joined Jun 2008
1 Posts
Hi,

I really hope someone can help me with my GPS problems.

Iīm not new to FPV and have been flying for a couple of years with a EZosd. I decided to jump on the RVOSD train while buying my Super Alulah wing. I have everything assembled and ready to rock, except for the fact that I cannot get a stable GPS lock.
When powered up the OSD takes about 1-2 min to acquire 5-6 sats and a hdop of 1.70. Thatīs the best iīve got so far, and this is under a clear sky well away from any buildings and anything that can distrupt the GPS.

Iīm certain that this isnīt a question of interference from components nearby. When testing I only have OSD, camera and TX running. Camera is a Pixim orca and TX is lawmate 500mw 2.4ghz. I have been using both for some time on a other plane without problems.

Is it possible for a GPS antenna to work but still be defective? I havenīt read about a problem like mine before, so iīm at a loss to what the solution can be.

I have also tried to hook up a Locosys LS20031 antenna, but the RVOSD doesnīt recognise it, maybe because of wrong baud rate.
I have tried using the standard cable and making my own using Cat5e UTP cable and a torriod (the one on the picture).

I really hope someone can help me!
vpdel is offline Find More Posts by vpdel
Old Dec 13, 2011, 03:11 PM
The Flying Circus
Adelaide South Australia
Joined Sep 2007
3,790 Posts
HDOP can improve spontaneously depending on the number of satellites available. Have you left your setup running for 15 mins to see what happens? Mine always drops to below 1 in flight.
I see the GPS is on a long cable. This is good. How far is it from the VTx?
Try putting the GPS on a small sheet of (insulated) aluminium. This sometimes helps by improving the ground plane.
You can also try to isolate the problem by disconnecting the VTx and routing your video directly to a monitor, A/V in on your TV. This will determine if the VTx is upsetting GPS.
Try different VTX channels too.
Good luck,
Cheers
Frank
ommadawn is online now Find More Posts by ommadawn
Old Dec 13, 2011, 03:25 PM
Maximum Attack
Denmark, Central Denmark Region, Lystrup
Joined Jun 2008
1 Posts
Think the longest I have had it running is 10min without any change.
The GPS is about 20cm from the tx and 30-40 from the lrs.
Iīll try the aluminium but I donīt think itīll help.

I have tried disconnecting the Vtx and routing the video feed directly to a monitor without any difference. So I donīt think changing the channel will change anything.

Iīll continue tinkering and thankīs for the suggestions !

/Dennis

Quote:
Originally Posted by ommadawn View Post
HDOP can improve spontaneously depending on the number of satellites available. Have you left your setup running for 15 mins to see what happens? Mine always drops to below 1 in flight.
I see the GPS is on a long cable. This is good. How far is it from the VTx?
Try putting the GPS on a small sheet of (insulated) aluminium. This sometimes helps by improving the ground plane.
You can also try to isolate the problem by disconnecting the VTx and routing your video directly to a monitor, A/V in on your TV. This will determine if the VTx is upsetting GPS.
Try different VTX channels too.
Good luck,
Cheers
Frank
vpdel is offline Find More Posts by vpdel
Old Dec 14, 2011, 01:53 AM
team n00b - captain
Canada, BC, Vancouver
Joined Aug 2011
158 Posts
Wondering if someone can help with binding my aux channel to the in-flight menu. I have all other controls working, but can't remember how to bind the 1 channel to the menu (did it before). I've verified the aux2 3-position switch on my DX8 runs off of the DL receiver channel #7 and have plugged channel 7 from the receiver to the "OUT5/Auxillary Input" on the RVOSD - but cannot access the flight menu. Can't find anything in the setup docs on this - any ideas?
gitcho is offline Find More Posts by gitcho
Old Dec 14, 2011, 02:53 AM
Mums the word.
St.Augustine, FL
Joined Sep 2009
2,061 Posts
2 things... 1 make sure you complete the rc wizard. 2 on the 4th page of the menu that you access with TV remote make sure you enable the autopilot.
man2000me is offline Find More Posts by man2000me