HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 31, 2011, 04:03 PM
United States, WA, Seattle
Joined May 2011
806 Posts
I'm sure took it the wrong way but my entire FPV experience so far has been nothing but frustration. I have made countless mistakes, and have had setback after setback after setback and so far have nothing to show for it. I am a little on edge and I felt like elcheapos comments were just adding insult to injury when I am spazzing out because I might have damaged hundred of dollars worth of electronics( osd,VTX, cam). I ran my cam and VTX for 30 min on 4s and if I have to replace those Im screwed...

here is my gear:
lawmate 12v 1.2ghz Vtx
sony pz0420 12v cam
1000mah 3s lipo
2x3000mah 4s lipos
dragonlink rx

I have removed the shrink wrap and moved the jumper to the position the instructions show is correct for my gear( at least I think I have). but when I plug in both batteries nothing happens. I dont know if its broke or i did something wrong again.
imdone is offline Find More Posts by imdone
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 31, 2011, 04:07 PM
Illinois, USA
Joined Aug 2009
968 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by imdone View Post
I'm sure took it the wrong way but my entire FPV experience so far has been nothing but frustration. I have made countless mistakes, and have had setback after setback after setback and so far have nothing to show for it. I am a little on edge and I felt like elcheapos comments were just adding insult to injury when I am spazzing out because I might have damaged hundred of dollars worth of electronics( osd,VTX, cam). I ran my cam and VTX for 30 min on 4s and if I have to replace those Im screwed...

here is my gear:
lawmate 12v 1.2ghz Vtx
sony pz0420 12v cam
1000mah 3s lipo
2x3000mah 4s lipos
dragonlink rx

I have removed the shrink wrap and moved the jumper to the position the instructions show is correct for my gear( at least I think I have). but when I plug in both batteries nothing happens. I dont know if its broke or i did something wrong again.
Just take your time and read the manual. I had mine up and running in less then an hour. It would also help if you would post in the RangeVideo forum instead of here.
vertcnc is offline Find More Posts by vertcnc
Old Oct 31, 2011, 04:09 PM
Joined May 2011
806 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by vertcnc View Post
If everthing is 12V, the jumpers should stay at the default positions. Other words it will work as recieved if everthing is 12V. The only time you would have to change the jumpers if you have a device that is not 12V.
now I'm confused I hooked everything up with the default jumper settings and the 4s battery was powering both the cam and TX!
Old Oct 31, 2011, 04:11 PM
Illinois, USA
Joined Aug 2009
968 Posts
Quote:
now I'm confused I hooked everything up with the default jumper settings and the 4s battery was powering both the cam and TX!
4S is not 12V. It more like 16V
vertcnc is offline Find More Posts by vertcnc
Old Oct 31, 2011, 04:14 PM
Joined May 2011
806 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by vertcnc View Post
4S is not 12V. It more like 16V
i know this thats why i moved the jumper.
Old Oct 31, 2011, 04:19 PM
Village Idiot!
United States, NV, Las Vegas
Joined Apr 2011
1,932 Posts
[QUOTE=Elcheapo;19742702]
Quote:
Yes.

I use a 4s on my OSD with 12v cam/Tx.

Just move the jumper and use both batterys. It should work. If you used a 4s with the default jumpers, you would only burn up the cam and/or Tx, not the OSD.
ScooterInVegas is offline Find More Posts by ScooterInVegas
Old Oct 31, 2011, 04:23 PM
Joined May 2011
806 Posts
[QUOTE=ScooterInVegas;19748374]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elcheapo View Post

Yes.

Just move the jumper and use both batterys. It should work. If you used a 4s with the default jumpers, you would only burn up the cam and/or Tx, not the OSD.
not sure why it wont power up then...

anyone know where to buy more heatshrink like the one the osd came with?
Old Oct 31, 2011, 04:26 PM
Village Idiot!
Joined Apr 2011
1,932 Posts
Ebay
Old Oct 31, 2011, 04:29 PM
Denmark, Capital Region of Denmark, Brøndbyvester
Joined Jun 2009
569 Posts
[QUOTE=imdone;19748405]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScooterInVegas View Post

not sure why it wont power up then...

anyone know where to buy more heatshrink like the one the osd came with?
I have also cut away the heatshrink, but did not add a new one. But some where in this thread, there is a link to ebay, where you can buy some more heatshrink in the correct size.
SpookiePower is offline Find More Posts by SpookiePower
Old Oct 31, 2011, 04:38 PM
Denmark, Capital Region of Denmark, Brøndbyvester
Joined Jun 2009
569 Posts
[QUOTE=ScooterInVegas;19748374]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elcheapo View Post

Yes.

I use just one lipo to power it all. It's a 4s, and my cam is 12v and my VTX is 5 volt. As I remember, there is a 5 volt-step-down regulator, in the OSD, not a 12 volt step down. So if you add a 4s (16.8volt) like I did, the OSD can step it down to 5 volt, but not to 12 volt. I did set the jumper to my VTX for 5 volt, and the jumper to my cam to 12 volt - but I had to add an extra voltage regulator that are able to step down from 16.8 volt, to 12 volt, else my cam would be burned. I hope this makes sense, and I hope I remember it right..else correct me
SpookiePower is offline Find More Posts by SpookiePower
Old Oct 31, 2011, 04:41 PM
Village Idiot!
Joined Apr 2011
1,932 Posts
http://www.ebay.com/itm/66MM-42MM-PV...item7914af59ba

Im glad MY search button works.
Old Oct 31, 2011, 04:43 PM
Joined Oct 2007
1,309 Posts
Quote:
I am a little on edge and I felt like elcheapos comments were just adding insult to injury when I am spazzing out because I might have damaged hundred of dollars worth of electronics( osd,VTX, cam).
The OSD is not fried, it can work safely on a very wide voltage range(6-30V). Cameras usually have an internal regulator that temporary shut down if it gets to hot. Worst case scenario is the Vtx damaged(If there is anything damaged). And I don't meant to insult anybody by saying this .
Elcheapo is offline Find More Posts by Elcheapo
Old Oct 31, 2011, 06:26 PM
RCAPA #14
United States, TX, Wimberley
Joined Mar 2004
1,915 Posts
Hey guys,

I'm getting close to pulling the trigger on buying this or the ET system. I have a few questions though..

Is this system compatible with PCM 1024 and G3(2048) I have a Futaba 12Z TX.

Can its GCS be easily interfaces with a PC/Tablet on windows XP/7 or Android?

I'm not real excited about having to use the small remote and changing things while looking at the OSD screen while the plane is in flight...

Myron
Myron is offline Find More Posts by Myron
Old Nov 01, 2011, 01:52 AM
The Flying Circus
Adelaide South Australia
Joined Sep 2007
3,519 Posts
You use the small remote to configure the device on the ground. Most settings are made there. The autopilot menu items are selected either in flight or on the ground via your Tx Ele. and Ail. sticks, or the remote.
ommadawn is offline Find More Posts by ommadawn
Old Nov 01, 2011, 02:10 AM
Joined Jul 2009
19 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gree View Post
Anyone?
Hi, I have just the same configuration you have - RV G3 upgraded to G5 and have the same experiences using GoPro - no modification needed, leave it as it is.
i tested the configuration with adding aditional resistor (one of the solution suggested on RV forum) but the video was massy.J
jcajhen is offline Find More Posts by jcajhen