HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 19, 2011, 04:04 PM
The Flying Circus
Adelaide South Australia
Joined Sep 2007
3,863 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by m60power View Post
Or does range video offer a stronger current sensor?
RVOSD Gen1 came out with a 150A sensor. You may be able to find one if you beg on the forum?
ommadawn is offline Find More Posts by ommadawn
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 19, 2011, 04:20 PM
Mums the word.
St.Augustine, FL
Joined Sep 2009
2,061 Posts
I would not mind one of those. I am maxing the g3/g4 100amp at 108amps on the Zephyr.
man2000me is offline Find More Posts by man2000me
Old Oct 19, 2011, 04:38 PM
Suspended Account
United States, NJ, Manchester
Joined May 2011
1,190 Posts
The best I can do with this wing for now

Once I get more parts and longer servo wires in my other wing will be fitted out nicer.

I have actually a question. When I turn off my transmitter my RVOSD does not detect it being lost. What's the proper way to do this? Glitch detection? On throttle??
Bear_Pants is offline Find More Posts by Bear_Pants
Last edited by Bear_Pants; Oct 19, 2011 at 04:56 PM.
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Oct 19, 2011, 06:33 PM
Joined Sep 2011
12 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ommadawn View Post
RVOSD Gen1 came out with a 150A sensor. You may be able to find one if you beg on the forum?
Really? wonder why they went to a lower amperage rating? What was the voltage range for this sensor?
m60power is offline Find More Posts by m60power
Old Oct 19, 2011, 08:17 PM
2Vision-Air
Canada, QC, Blainville
Joined Aug 2009
2,151 Posts
hey guys, i must be missing something really simple, i am using my Turnigy 9X flashed with custom firmware and chainlink LRS, i got to the ppm screen and the rc configuration, its all working fine, i can enter menu with my 3 way switch and also set failsafe with a throttle cut switch, BUT i can't get the servos to move, i enter inflight menu, scroll in the menu using the aileron/elevator stick and can move but when i exit the servos are not responding, i don't have RTH or Autopilot controlling and the servos are not responding.. help ? lol

ohhh my brother just got the answer,... i am using a single wire for PPM, i need to supply 5volt with a 3 lead wire plug i think ?
bakchos is online now Find More Posts by bakchos
Old Oct 19, 2011, 08:26 PM
Suspended Account
Joined May 2011
1,190 Posts
Single wire is for RSSI you need a standard servo connecter for the ppm channel into the PPM1 on the RVOSD. Depending on what your using (2.4 or DL)

If your reciever does not have a "PPM channel" you will have to use the standard setting and have a wire Medusa. I'm sure others will chime this is just what I came across when setting up my plane today.

So I have it set to RTH when I turn my transmitter off and when I go out of radio range or even lower my throttle trim manually (tested with dummy cap on dragonlink). My knob I have set for fly by wire and switching through screens. I should be set to test when it's nice out.
Old Oct 19, 2011, 08:32 PM
2Vision-Air
Canada, QC, Blainville
Joined Aug 2009
2,151 Posts
OOOOOOk working fine, all i needed was a 3 wire lead, my error... its working like a champ now !
bakchos is online now Find More Posts by bakchos
Old Oct 19, 2011, 10:03 PM
United States, WA, Seattle
Joined May 2011
806 Posts
so never realy got a clear answer for my rssi question. to hook up the rssi on my DL Rx all I need is one wire? which pin on the Rx and osd do I run this wire to?
imdone is offline Find More Posts by imdone
Old Oct 19, 2011, 10:13 PM
Suspended Account
Joined May 2011
1,190 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by imdone View Post
so never realy got a clear answer for my rssi question. to hook up the rssi on my DL Rx all I need is one wire? which pin on the Rx and osd do I run this wire to?
I'll take a picture if you want.

On the DL the RSSI pin is only the 1 TOP pin. You can use a servo connector just remove the other 2 wires. Then plugs into the temp port/rssi on the RVOSD where it says + - s you want to the one wire to go into "s" or source. When you enter your RVOSD you'll see number showing when you move your DL closer and further (assuming you have the dummy plug on)

For what to here read the RSSI section

http://rangevideo.com/forum/showthre...progress...%29

here ya go

Old Oct 19, 2011, 10:19 PM
United States, WA, Seattle
Joined May 2011
806 Posts
thanks bro! very simple... a picture is worth a thousand word!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bear_Pants View Post
I'll take a picture if you want.

On the DL the RSSI pin is only the 1 TOP pin. You can use a servo connector just remove the other 2 wires. Then plugs into the temp port/rssi on the RVOSD where it says + - s you want to the one wire to go into "s" or source. When you enter your RVOSD you'll see number showing when you move your DL closer and further (assuming you have the dummy plug on)

For what to here read the RSSI section

http://rangevideo.com/forum/showthre...progress...%29

here ya go
imdone is offline Find More Posts by imdone
Old Oct 19, 2011, 10:27 PM
Suspended Account
Joined May 2011
1,190 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by imdone View Post
thanks bro! very simple... a picture is worth a thousand word!
Anytime!

I have a question to pick someones brain with. While I'm flying how can I browse the menu so I can align my AHI?

edit:

If the Enable autopilot menu item is set to anything other than No-Falsafe, you can navigate and change items on the in-flight submenu by using the elevator and aileron sticks. In order to allow these actions, the servo outputs will stay at the values they had just before entering the submenu. You can’t control the plane while navigating the submenu, all controls will remain frozen until you get out of the submenu. To gain control again just cycle screens. If while you are navigating the submenu the RC link is lost, the OSD will automatically go out of the submenu to allow faster retake of control. Also if you enter the autopilot submenu with any of the autopilot modes activated, on the autopilot menu screen the autopilot will switch to level flight, and resume the previous autopilot mode after leaving the menu screen. But some menus cant be changed if any stabilization mode is active.

Love finding these new little things. NOW I'm set
Last edited by Bear_Pants; Oct 20, 2011 at 12:46 AM.
Old Oct 20, 2011, 01:14 AM
Suspended Account
Joined May 2011
1,190 Posts
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b3RjC5coL8M
Old Oct 20, 2011, 05:24 AM
The Flying Circus
Adelaide South Australia
Joined Sep 2007
3,863 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by m60power View Post
Really? wonder why they went to a lower amperage rating? What was the voltage range for this sensor?
Not sure about the Max V rating, but the RVOSD was rated up to 30V, so I guess something like that. I think the lower rated current sensors were more accurate in the lower current ranges, which was where most were operating, around 15-40a
I might still have one in the drawer but from memory its a little banged up
ommadawn is offline Find More Posts by ommadawn
Old Oct 20, 2011, 09:24 AM
Le Havre, FRANCE
Joined Feb 2007
1,875 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScooterInVegas View Post
Right below the 5.05 is the 5.06 thingy....
Found it, thanks Scott.
lrrps is offline Find More Posts by lrrps
Old Oct 20, 2011, 09:26 AM
Le Havre, FRANCE
Joined Feb 2007
1,875 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elcheapo View Post
Make some side pressure by setting some inclination on the pickit so it makes better contact with the board.
Does updating the firmware reset le AP setup to default?
lrrps is offline Find More Posts by lrrps