HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 18, 2011, 03:52 PM
Joined Oct 2007
1,310 Posts
The vibration meter is very sensitive, while it is good to keep the vibrations under the maximum levels. The inertial unit is way less sensitive.
So you can use the vibration meter to tweak vibrations on your system. But the inertial unit and thus the autopilot will work ok even with the indicator bars on top.
The final indicator will be the AHI, if it does not vibrate and stays tracked to the real horizon within +-10° at all throttle range. Then you can be sure autopilot will work.
Firmware version 5.06 did increased the inertial unit capability to deal with higher vibrations.
Elcheapo is offline Find More Posts by Elcheapo
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 18, 2011, 04:04 PM
The Flying Circus
Adelaide South Australia
Joined Sep 2007
3,818 Posts
I have found the simplest but not always the most practical method of dealing with vibes is to have a massive plane. My 4m motorglider has a glass fuselage, and weighs 4 Kg. All I have is a piece of 4mm neoprene wetsuit rubber between the PCB and the airframe. Vibes dont ever max out.
ommadawn is offline Find More Posts by ommadawn
Old Oct 18, 2011, 04:20 PM
Denmark, Capital Region of Denmark, Brøndbyvester
Joined Jun 2009
598 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Firatp View Post
Tonight, I had chance to test it. I surprised how sensitive it is. Even VTX fan made it vibrated. When I power the motor all bars hit to full right. I thing that this is something unwanted. I can say RVOSD is more sensitive than FY20. I hope to solve this soon.
Cheers
In my blog you can see what I have done, to reduce vibrations. I don't know if it might work for you, but it could inspire you, to find your own solution.
SpookiePower is offline Find More Posts by SpookiePower
Old Oct 18, 2011, 07:49 PM
Village Idiot!
United States, NV, Las Vegas
Joined Apr 2011
1,932 Posts
I just stuck my OSD on foam rubber "legs" with Velcro and it works fine. Even with a tip of the prop broken off.
ScooterInVegas is offline Find More Posts by ScooterInVegas
Old Oct 18, 2011, 07:59 PM
Suspended Account
United States, NJ, Manchester
Joined May 2011
1,190 Posts
Having some troubles. Trying to set up PPM on my TH9X (Just to set it up for not until DL arrives)

PCM makes my controller go nuts. Gah

edit:

I think I got it.
Bear_Pants is offline Find More Posts by Bear_Pants
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Oct 18, 2011, 08:57 PM
Suspended Account
Joined May 2011
1,190 Posts
At even a 1/8th of a throttle I get max vibrations. The AHI however looks fine. Not sure if this will affect autopilot.
Old Oct 18, 2011, 09:13 PM
Suspended Account
Joined May 2011
1,190 Posts
So is it my understanding that...

When I get my dragonlink the only cable I'd need coming out from the reciever is

1. AUX
2. PPM ch 9?

And I can set up the RVOSD to just read off this one channel?

I got my RVOSD working. I set max throttle to FS RTH and knob down for fly by wire and knob up for menu change.

I need to do other things that I'm not sure of how to just yet lol

I have my 2.4 reciever hooked up to it for now. Lots of wires lol. I'll take a picture

Old Oct 18, 2011, 09:38 PM
Joined Sep 2011
12 Posts
I'm really leaning towards buying a RVOSD V5 but the plane I would use it in runs a 10s lipo and up to 85 amps for the electric ducted fan. Apparently the current sensor for rvosd is only 70 amps and 30 volt max. The motor batteries for the plane are separate from everything else (receiver, servos, etc..) and I want to be able to display the battery usage and voltage/amperage.

Is there any current sensor that is compatible with RVOSD that can monitor the main motor batteries at ~40 volts and ~85 amps? Would the eagletree elogger v4 work with rvosd?
m60power is offline Find More Posts by m60power
Old Oct 18, 2011, 10:21 PM
Village Idiot!
Joined Apr 2011
1,932 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by m60power View Post
I'm really leaning towards buying a RVOSD V5 but the plane I would use it in runs a 10s lipo and up to 85 amps for the electric ducted fan. Apparently the current sensor for rvosd is only 70 amps and 30 volt max. The motor batteries for the plane are separate from everything else (receiver, servos, etc..) and I want to be able to display the battery usage and voltage/amperage.

Is there any current sensor that is compatible with RVOSD that can monitor the main motor batteries at ~40 volts and ~85 amps? Would the eagletree elogger v4 work with rvosd?
If you can run duel 5s and use a separate battery for you camera and Tx your in business.
Old Oct 18, 2011, 10:24 PM
Village Idiot!
Joined Apr 2011
1,932 Posts
OK Bear Pants. You have an iron on the floor, no furniture, bed only without a headboard and over a Grand worth of RC plane on the floor. I LIKE YOUR STYLE!!
Old Oct 18, 2011, 10:25 PM
Suspended Account
Joined May 2011
1,190 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScooterInVegas View Post
OK Bear Pants. You have an iron on the floor, no furniture, bed only without a headboard and over a Grand worth of RC plane on the floor. I LIKE YOUR STYLE!!
Oh I'm trying hahahaha I think I reached my ceiling too.

I need a 12 step program
Old Oct 18, 2011, 10:52 PM
Joined Sep 2011
12 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScooterInVegas View Post
If you can run duel 5s and use a separate battery for you camera and Tx your in business.
If i had two 5s batteries in series it would solve the voltage problem but not the current, right? I would have to get essentially four motor batteries so there could be two sets of two in parallel to reduce the current draw..

Does the rvosd pull its power from the current sensor or from the video tx/camera battery?
m60power is offline Find More Posts by m60power
Old Oct 18, 2011, 10:56 PM
Village Idiot!
Joined Apr 2011
1,932 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by m60power View Post
Does the rvosd pull its power from the current sensor or from the video tx/camera battery?
On mine, its from the Tx/camera battery. But hooked up to one battery would give you your pack voltage and you can set the mAh warning setting to compensate for only reading one pack.

Wait, I forgot about Amp Load. I dont know it each pack will "see" the whole amp load or not. Voltage yes, amp load, I dont know.
Old Oct 19, 2011, 12:13 AM
Beyond the BlackStump
Australia, SA, Adelaide
Joined Mar 2006
316 Posts
My RVOSD arrived yesterday from being ordered last Thursday, 5 days including W/E to Australia, well done RV!
Macattaka is offline Find More Posts by Macattaka
Old Oct 19, 2011, 12:50 AM
Turkey, Istanbul
Joined Dec 2010
411 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elcheapo View Post
Firmware version 5.06 did increased the inertial unit capability to deal with higher vibrations.
Hi again,
How can I learn my RVOSD's firmware version?
Thanks
Firatp is online now Find More Posts by Firatp