HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 18, 2011, 05:54 AM
Le Havre, FRANCE
Joined Feb 2007
1,875 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nano_khalid View Post
Hi all,

Now I'm considering to buy RVOSD 5 (http://www.rangevideo.com/index.php?...roducts_id=135)
But I still need your support to provide me some info as below:

1) This RVOSD have IMU build-in inside?? (My understanding base on the spec, it include. Hope it not like ET or DOSD which is need to buy separately)

2) Some OSD like ET required stabilizer to make RTH. If not it will possible to crash. Did RVOSD required stabilizer too?? From the spec I study, I think it have built-in stabilizer.

3) In order to set waypoint, we need to communicate with computer. And we need this : http://www.rangevideo.com/index.php?...roducts_id=152
And this PICkit also required to keep update the firmware. Is it correct??

Appreciate your support fella!!

Thanks in advance..
Yes, the IMU is built-in but you need to remove as much as you can the vibrations induced by the motor/prop if you don't want to crash when using the autopilot especially the RTH mode.
As for the waypoint sequencer, it's not activated for exportation.
lrrps is offline Find More Posts by lrrps
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 18, 2011, 08:29 AM
MALAYSIA
Joined May 2008
45 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by lrrps View Post
Yes, the IMU is built-in but you need to remove as much as you can the vibrations induced by the motor/prop if you don't want to crash when using the autopilot especially the RTH mode.
1)Vibration --> Seem like not too good. I must find the best position to avoid vibration
2)Waypoint --> From RVOSD spec:
-Autopilot modes, Return home, Level flight, Heading hold, Position hold, Fly by wire and waypoint navigation.
-Is possible to set up to 15 3D waypoints via remote control
-Programmable virtual fence to keep airplane at safe distance on waypoint navigation mode
-Automatic return home if virtual fence distance exceeded, RC signal lost or latest waypoint reached..

Seem like this spec is not correct. I cannot use it..

Any advise??
nano_khalid is offline Find More Posts by nano_khalid
Old Oct 18, 2011, 09:50 AM
Le Havre, FRANCE
Joined Feb 2007
1,875 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nano_khalid View Post
1)Vibration --> Seem like not too good. I must find the best position to avoid vibration
2)Waypoint --> From RVOSD spec:
-Autopilot modes, Return home, Level flight, Heading hold, Position hold, Fly by wire and waypoint navigation.
-Is possible to set up to 15 3D waypoints via remote control
-Programmable virtual fence to keep airplane at safe distance on waypoint navigation mode
-Automatic return home if virtual fence distance exceeded, RC signal lost or latest waypoint reached..

Seem like this spec is not correct. I cannot use it..

Any advise??

RTH works on every RVOSD shipped worldwide, only the WP sequencer is not activated if you live outside CONUS, Hawai and Alaska.
Old Oct 18, 2011, 10:19 AM
Turkey, Istanbul
Joined Dec 2010
418 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ommadawn View Post
Welcome aboard Firatp,
You made a wise choice. RVOSD will give you hours of enjoyment and a few challenges.
Do you know Melih? He is is Istanbul too, and is a significant contributor to the FPV field.
http://blog.flytron.com/author/admin
Hi
I know Melih he is always interested this kind if equipment as far as I have met him.
Cheers
Firatp is online now Find More Posts by Firatp
Old Oct 18, 2011, 10:25 AM
Turkey, Istanbul
Joined Dec 2010
418 Posts
Quote:
Hello
Regarding vibration level. How strength is RVOSD against to vibration? How can I check if RVOSD is happy with vibration level?

One more quick question!
I couldn't understand "hide ground distance" What is it for ?
Thanks
Old Oct 18, 2011, 10:28 AM
MALAYSIA
Joined May 2008
45 Posts
Quote:
RTH works on every RVOSD shipped worldwide, only the WP sequencer is not activated if you live outside CONUS, Hawai and Alaska.
Is it possible to activate?
I make some study from the forum.
Some said it can activate by update firmware. and some people said we need to sign some form to activate. Is it correct?
nano_khalid is offline Find More Posts by nano_khalid
Old Oct 18, 2011, 10:32 AM
Le Havre, FRANCE
Joined Feb 2007
1,875 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Firatp View Post
Hello
Regarding vibration level. How strength is RVOSD against to vibration? How can I check if RVOSD is happy with vibration level?

One more quick question!
I couldn't understand "hide ground distance" What is it for ?
Thanks
To check for vibration, watch the AHI while you increase motor speed, it should not dance too much otherwise RTH will cause your plane to crash.
To limit vibrations the simpliest solution is to add balancing weights on the plate that holds the RVOSD.
I have 6 weights on mine.
Old Oct 18, 2011, 12:36 PM
Suspended Account
United States, NJ, Manchester
Joined May 2011
1,190 Posts
Quote:
To check for vibration, watch the AHI while you increase motor speed, it should not dance too much otherwise RTH will cause your plane to crash.
To limit vibrations the simpliest solution is to add balancing weights on the plate that holds the RVOSD.
Can you elaborate on this? Pictures of your rvosd? I have a wing so I don't have many options on where to place it.
Bear_Pants is offline Find More Posts by Bear_Pants
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Oct 18, 2011, 01:03 PM
Le Havre, FRANCE
Joined Feb 2007
1,875 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bear_Pants View Post
Can you elaborate on this? Pictures of your rvosd? I have a wing so I don't have many options on where to place it.
I hotglued my RVOSD on a larger piece of foam and glued 6 weights on it, helps removing most of the vibes.

Old Oct 18, 2011, 01:18 PM
Joined Oct 2007
1,310 Posts
I suggest you guys to flash the latest firmware version to your OSD. This should help with all concerns people were having about RVOSD.
That's the way it works, people express concerns, and I fix them on the updates .
http://rangevideo.com/forum/showthre...n-for-your-OSD
Also is important to read the manual. RVOSD is easy to set up. But still you could make some mistakes if you try to rush things.
http://rangevideo.com/forum/showthre...progress...%29
Elcheapo is offline Find More Posts by Elcheapo
Old Oct 18, 2011, 01:25 PM
Suspended Account
Joined May 2011
1,190 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elcheapo View Post
I suggest you guys to flash the latest firmware version to your OSD. This should help with all concerns people were having about RVOSD.
That's the way it works, people express concerns, and I fix them on the updates .
http://rangevideo.com/forum/showthre...n-for-your-OSD
Also is important to read the manual. RVOSD is easy to set up. But still you could make some mistakes if you try to rush things.
http://rangevideo.com/forum/showthre...progress...%29
Question on flashing updates. Do I need that picket tool? Or is it possible via the micro usb port on the OSD?

Thanks for the link. Didn't catch the second one.
Old Oct 18, 2011, 01:29 PM
Joined Oct 2007
1,310 Posts
You do need the pickit to flash the updates.
Elcheapo is offline Find More Posts by Elcheapo
Old Oct 18, 2011, 01:40 PM
Suspended Account
Joined May 2011
1,190 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elcheapo View Post
You do need the pickit to flash the updates.
oh. that sucks.
Old Oct 18, 2011, 03:37 PM
Registered Loon
South Africa, WC, Knysna
Joined May 2006
1,321 Posts
is this the new firmware to help with vibes ? i dont have a vibration problem , would you still recommend the upgrade ?
Blackrat is offline Find More Posts by Blackrat
Old Oct 18, 2011, 04:35 PM
Turkey, Istanbul
Joined Dec 2010
418 Posts
Quote:
Tonight, I had chance to test it. I surprised how sensitive it is. Even VTX fan made it vibrated. When I power the motor all bars hit to full right. I thing that this is something unwanted. I can say RVOSD is more sensitive than FY20. I hope to solve this soon.
Cheers