HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Reply
Thread Tools
Old Oct 16, 2011, 11:58 AM
Village Idiot!
ScooterInVegas's Avatar
United States, NV, Las Vegas
Joined Apr 2011
1,932 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bear_Pants View Post
I'll see what I can do. Would be much easier to trim my plane out if I can set neutrals in the air.
You just trim like normal when flying. After you land, use the remote to "set neutrals" before you power down the OSD. When ever you make any changes to the OSD setting, you have to go to the bottom of the 4/4 screen and "Save" your changes.
ScooterInVegas is offline Find More Posts by ScooterInVegas
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 16, 2011, 12:11 PM
Suspended Account
United States, NJ, Manchester
Joined May 2011
1,190 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScooterInVegas View Post
You just trim like normal when flying. After you land, use the remote to "set neutrals" before you power down the OSD. When ever you make any changes to the OSD setting, you have to go to the bottom of the 4/4 screen and "Save" your changes.
Okay cool! If I only had a f*cking VTX cable then I can jump start and do all this. I hate waiting for monday. Kinda sucks I can't go between screens in flight. As long as I can select RTH and for when I feel lazy FBW and LF
Bear_Pants is offline Find More Posts by Bear_Pants
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Oct 16, 2011, 12:14 PM
Village Idiot!
ScooterInVegas's Avatar
United States, NV, Las Vegas
Joined Apr 2011
1,932 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bear_Pants View Post
Okay cool! If I only had a f*cking VTX cable then I can jump start and do all this.
I have an extra one....I can email you a picture if you want..
ScooterInVegas is offline Find More Posts by ScooterInVegas
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 16, 2011, 12:22 PM
Suspended Account
United States, NJ, Manchester
Joined May 2011
1,190 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScooterInVegas View Post
I have an extra one....I can email you a picture if you want..
:P I edited my post lol. It will be here monday just impatient as hell.

I'd like to configure it. But since I'm getting a brandy new DL I'd like to test and confirm that working in the air first. Can't wait for the full RVOSD 5 manual to be released.
Bear_Pants is offline Find More Posts by Bear_Pants
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Oct 16, 2011, 12:48 PM
Village Idiot!
ScooterInVegas's Avatar
United States, NV, Las Vegas
Joined Apr 2011
1,932 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bear_Pants View Post
Kinda sucks I can't go between screens in flight. As long as I can select RTH and for when I feel lazy FBW and LF
You CAN go between screens. I can help with that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bear_Pants View Post
Can't wait for the full RVOSD 5 manual to be released.
The one that is out now is pretty complete. Any questions can be answered here.
ScooterInVegas is offline Find More Posts by ScooterInVegas
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 16, 2011, 01:25 PM
Registered User
BushmanLA's Avatar
Joined Dec 2005
1,819 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bear_Pants View Post
Kinda sucks I can't go between screens in flight.

Do what you can to fix this. You are missing out on a lot of stuff if you can't switch screens in flight etc.

I'm using the er9x firmware in the flysky controller and it was a breeze. Well worth the hassle of putting custom firmware on that controller.
BushmanLA is offline Find More Posts by BushmanLA
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 16, 2011, 09:17 PM
Suspended Account
United States, NJ, Manchester
Joined May 2011
1,190 Posts
Argh. Can you guys link me to the er9x thread? I'll do it. but not until I'm completely comfortable with it. I don't want to mess with the sticks at all. For now I just want to be able to fly for now without any handicaps. And thanks Scooter! I'll contact you when I'm ready to run through set up for the first time.
Bear_Pants is offline Find More Posts by Bear_Pants
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Oct 17, 2011, 12:47 PM
Registered User
Firatp's Avatar
Turkey, Istanbul
Joined Dec 2010
413 Posts
Hey people
Soon or later, finally today I joined your team. My RVOSD 5 has just arrived today. After almost 45 days it is with me now.
I will come with my questions soon!?!?
Cheers
Firatp is offline Find More Posts by Firatp
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 17, 2011, 02:35 PM
Suspended Account
United States, NJ, Manchester
Joined May 2011
1,190 Posts
Well I got my VTX cable and I got RVOSD up on the screen. Still no dragonlink though so I need to wait for that puppy to come in
Bear_Pants is offline Find More Posts by Bear_Pants
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Oct 17, 2011, 02:45 PM
Village Idiot!
ScooterInVegas's Avatar
United States, NV, Las Vegas
Joined Apr 2011
1,932 Posts
Dont let the video TX overheat. Keep a fan near blowing air on it.
ScooterInVegas is offline Find More Posts by ScooterInVegas
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 17, 2011, 03:34 PM
Suspended Account
United States, NJ, Manchester
Joined May 2011
1,190 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScooterInVegas View Post
Dont let the video TX overheat. Keep a fan near blowing air on it.
Hoping my ceiling fan will suffice.

edit. I got a spare fan for my pc case ill use
Bear_Pants is offline Find More Posts by Bear_Pants
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Oct 17, 2011, 03:58 PM
The Flying Circus
ommadawn's Avatar
Adelaide South Australia
Joined Sep 2007
3,951 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Firatp View Post
Hey people
Soon or later, finally today I joined your team. My RVOSD 5 has just arrived today. After almost 45 days it is with me now.
I will come with my questions soon!?!?
Cheers
Welcome aboard Firatp,
You made a wise choice. RVOSD will give you hours of enjoyment and a few challenges.
Do you know Melih? He is is Istanbul too, and is a significant contributor to the FPV field.
http://blog.flytron.com/author/admin
ommadawn is offline Find More Posts by ommadawn
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 17, 2011, 04:22 PM
Registered User
BushmanLA's Avatar
Joined Dec 2005
1,819 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bear_Pants View Post
Argh. Can you guys link me to the er9x thread? I'll do it. but not until I'm completely comfortable with it. I don't want to mess with the sticks at all. For now I just want to be able to fly for now without any handicaps. And thanks Scooter! I'll contact you when I'm ready to run through set up for the first time.


Not for the feint of heart.....

http://code.google.com/p/er9x/
BushmanLA is offline Find More Posts by BushmanLA
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 17, 2011, 04:30 PM
2Vision-Air
bakchos's Avatar
Canada, QC, Blainville
Joined Aug 2009
2,179 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BushmanLA View Post
Not for the feint of heart.....

http://code.google.com/p/er9x/
Easiest way is to get the programmer from this thread http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1338412

its very easy, i bought it and did my 9X, turned the 9X to a top transmitter now !

Worth every penny.
bakchos is online now Find More Posts by bakchos
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 18, 2011, 04:44 AM
Registered User
MALAYSIA
Joined May 2008
45 Posts
Review About RVOSD 5

Hi all,

Now I'm considering to buy RVOSD 5 (http://www.rangevideo.com/index.php?...roducts_id=135)
But I still need your support to provide me some info as below:

1) This RVOSD have IMU build-in inside?? (My understanding base on the spec, it include. Hope it not like ET or DOSD which is need to buy separately)

2) Some OSD like ET required stabilizer to make RTH. If not it will possible to crash. Did RVOSD required stabilizer too?? From the spec I study, I think it have built-in stabilizer.

3) In order to set waypoint, we need to communicate with computer. And we need this : http://www.rangevideo.com/index.php?...roducts_id=152
And this PICkit also required to keep update the firmware. Is it correct??

Appreciate your support fella!!

Thanks in advance..
nano_khalid is offline Find More Posts by nano_khalid
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion Maiden Reports 12345 Arizona Model Aviators 698 Today 10:55 PM
Help! RVOSD thermal sensors rcmonster99 FPV Talk 16 Jun 20, 2011 10:21 AM
Discussion Weekend weather reports neck Arizona Model Aviators 13 Jun 10, 2011 04:59 PM
Discussion where are the Joe Nall horror "reports? guy hanson Radios 49 May 18, 2011 12:06 PM
Discussion Finally Fixed the Country Reports daboz Dynamic Soaring 5 May 16, 2011 02:51 AM