Old Jun 24, 2011, 01:02 PM
O <- this a ground loop
Japan
Joined Nov 2010
514 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by thygekm View Post
I was just thinking the same thing.
I was sure that DOSD+ V2 was the only right think to get, but now that the RVOSD V5 comes with IMU I'm not so sure anymore.
I would really like to know how the AHI, RTH and all the other autopilot functions compares to the DOSD.

TK.
Airspeed is protoyped and dedicated IMU coming soon
devfor is offline Find More Posts by devfor
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 24, 2011, 01:17 PM
Joined Jun 2009
271 Posts
I'm sure we will see resellers of the Rvosd very soon. So we all can enjoy this Great system.

Remember to make sure you reducere/remove vibrations from motor and prop. Too much vibrations = crash. Since Vova don't sell an anti vibrations mounth you will have to make one youself.
Hooks is offline Find More Posts by Hooks
Old Jun 24, 2011, 02:59 PM
Joined Oct 2007
1,311 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by devfor View Post
Airspeed is protoyped and dedicated IMU coming soon
It is ok
Elcheapo is offline Find More Posts by Elcheapo
Last edited by Elcheapo; Jun 24, 2011 at 03:03 PM. Reason: Toke it the wrong way.
Old Jun 27, 2011, 08:53 AM
Latvia, Riga
Joined Feb 2010
151 Posts
OSD received! EMS shipping rules - shipped to EU in only 5 days! I will report back as soon as I have flown with it, probably tomorrow morning if the weather is good.
mr.utopia is offline Find More Posts by mr.utopia
Old Jun 27, 2011, 09:23 AM
USA, NY, New York
Joined Nov 2008
1,546 Posts
Hey Alex, are you planning and when, to have in stock Plug and Play replacement GTOP FGPMMOPA6 10Hz GPS module? I am a very sloppy solder and I ruined the traces of one module already I will not mind to pay extra $$ for Ready to Plug GPS.
Cheers,
G
tushev is offline Find More Posts by tushev
Old Jun 27, 2011, 10:58 AM
Joined Nov 2006
2,120 Posts
i can't understand why autopilot waypoints is restricted just for USA
if the senseless terrorist excuse is used, shouldn't be restricted to be used in the rest of the world but USA?
wallaguest1 is offline Find More Posts by wallaguest1
Old Jun 27, 2011, 11:39 AM
The way of being is doing.
Italia, Emilia Romagna, Ravenna
Joined Apr 2009
434 Posts
I guess some of you have read on RangeVideo's forums that Alex recommend a perfect balance of engine and propeller for the proper functioning of IMU. I have always balanced fixed propellers but frankly I'm not able to balance an engine and do not know a method to balance the folding propeller that I use on my FPV flying wings.

Have you a method to recommend?
IMEIV is offline Find More Posts by IMEIV
Old Jun 27, 2011, 12:11 PM
Joined Oct 2007
1,311 Posts
Start by balancing the propeller, then check the vibration indicator. If it is ok you don't have to worry about the motor. Else balancing a motor is a bit more complicated, You can either buy a big name motor, or buy an NTM series motor from hobby city, like I did. They are balanced from factory.
Elcheapo is offline Find More Posts by Elcheapo
Old Jun 27, 2011, 12:15 PM
FPV Desert Beta Test Center
Mesa, Arizona
Joined Nov 2006
2,473 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by IMEIV View Post
I guess some of you have read on RangeVideo's forums that Alex recommend a perfect balance of engine and propeller for the proper functioning of IMU. I have always balanced fixed propellers but frankly I'm not able to balance an engine and do not know a method to balance the folding propeller that I use on my FPV flying wings.

Have you a method to recommend?
It is important that the prop is balanced for both total blade/blade weight and hub (side to side).

An outrunner can be balanced by removing the can and using a suitable shaft on a good prop balancer.

A folding prop would be balanced the same as a fix prop but obviously the blades need to be somehow held out.
Gary Evans is offline Find More Posts by Gary Evans
Old Jun 27, 2011, 12:17 PM
United Kingdom, England, Leicester
Joined Feb 2009
261 Posts
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...postcount=8839

for how to balance a motor
tesco is offline Find More Posts by tesco
Old Jun 27, 2011, 01:44 PM
Illinois, USA
Joined Aug 2009
968 Posts
Gary,
You should have yours flying by now. We expect a full report.
vertcnc is offline Find More Posts by vertcnc
Old Jun 27, 2011, 03:11 PM
Joined Apr 2009
434 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elcheapo View Post
Start by balancing the propeller, then check the vibration indicator. If it is ok you don't have to worry about the motor. Else balancing a motor is a bit more complicated, You can either buy a big name motor, or buy an NTM series motor from hobby city, like I did. They are balanced from factory.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary Evans View Post
It is important that the prop is balanced for both total blade/blade weight and hub (side to side).

An outrunner can be balanced by removing the can and using a suitable shaft on a good prop balancer.

A folding prop would be balanced the same as a fix prop but obviously the blades need to be somehow held out.
Now I'm waiting that RVOSD Gen.5 arrives and I will try your advice when it comes. Gary I see your mounting solution in RangeVideo's forum. For me it's a simply and great solution !!!

Gary, want to say that I have to remove the shaft to balance the motor and insert another suitable for prop balancer ?
Old Jun 27, 2011, 03:20 PM
FPV Desert Beta Test Center
Mesa, Arizona
Joined Nov 2006
2,473 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by IMEIV View Post
Gary, want to say that I have to remove the shaft to balance the motor and insert another suitable for prop balancer ?

You would need a shaft that fits your balancer. The OEM motor shafts are pretty short but if it works use it. If not you would need to find a longer shaft.
Gary Evans is offline Find More Posts by Gary Evans
Old Jun 27, 2011, 03:24 PM
Joined Apr 2009
434 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary Evans View Post
You would need a shaft that fits your balancer. The OEM motor shafts are pretty short but if it works use it. If not you would need to find a longer shaft.
Ok Gary. Thanks
Old Jun 27, 2011, 04:38 PM
USA, TN, Murfreesboro
Joined Dec 2009
256 Posts
Got Mine installed in the Skywalker. Will post up some video if the weather gets better around here.
avropilot is offline Find More Posts by avropilot