HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 24, 2011, 12:51 PM
Joined Oct 2007
1,310 Posts
It is supposed to do eight figures centered right over home. Of course all this depends on autopilot adjusts, a video of the flight could help me to give you a better clue of why this is not happening.
Elcheapo is offline Find More Posts by Elcheapo
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 25, 2011, 09:24 AM
Boulder, CO
Joined Nov 2007
24 Posts
Modify the current sensor on Gen 5

Hi Alex,

I was wondering if I can re-solder the red wire that goes from the current sensor to the RVOSD 5 so that it picks the power *after* the current sensor. I hope that this way I could get the true mAh consumption on the screen (as correctly estimated in the manual, the VTx etc. consume about 550mA.)

Thanks,
Tom
Chyochyo is offline Find More Posts by Chyochyo
Old Sep 25, 2011, 10:30 PM
United States, IA, West Des Moines
Joined Jan 2010
660 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elcheapo View Post
It is supposed to do eight figures centered right over home. Of course all this depends on autopilot adjusts, a video of the flight could help me to give you a better clue of why this is not happening.
Yea it is doing circles in the wrong place. My gps was not doing good today. At one point evertything froze up and nothing moved not even home arrow. I will try a different location of gps rx.
rcplanes1234 is offline Find More Posts by rcplanes1234
Old Sep 25, 2011, 11:55 PM
Joined Oct 2007
1,310 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chyochyo View Post
Hi Alex,

I was wondering if I can re-solder the red wire that goes from the current sensor to the RVOSD 5 so that it picks the power *after* the current sensor. I hope that this way I could get the true mAh consumption on the screen (as correctly estimated in the manual, the VTx etc. consume about 550mA.)

Thanks,
Tom
The actual current sensor is not accurate for less than 600mA consumptions. As soon as current goes above that it will start counting RVOSD-Vtx and camera current also.
Elcheapo is offline Find More Posts by Elcheapo
Old Sep 27, 2011, 01:52 PM
Denmark, Capital Region of Denmark, Brøndbyvester
Joined Jun 2009
598 Posts
I have problems entering the RVOSD Gen.5 menu from my TX.

I can activate RTH and switch between the F16, Radar and debug screen, using the aux channel. But it will not enter the menu. I have to use the remote to enter the menu.

How can this be ?

Another question -

Right now I have RTH assigned to my aux channel. I'm about to do my very first flight with this OSD, and would like to assign FBW to my aux channel, but I jyst can't find where to do this. Someone who can help ?
SpookiePower is offline Find More Posts by SpookiePower
Last edited by SpookiePower; Sep 27, 2011 at 02:20 PM.
Old Sep 27, 2011, 02:46 PM
Village Idiot!
United States, NV, Las Vegas
Joined Apr 2011
1,932 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpookiePower View Post
I have problems entering the RVOSD Gen.5 menu from my TX.

I can activate RTH and switch between the F16, Radar and debug screen, using the aux channel. But it will not enter the menu. I have to use the remote to enter the menu.

How can this be ?

Another question -

Right now I have RTH assigned to my aux channel. I'm about to do my very first flight with this OSD, and would like to assign FBW to my aux channel, but I jyst can't find where to do this. Someone who can help ?
You can only access the flight menu with the Tx, you have to use the remote to go into the main OSD menu.

FBW is on the page 1/3 in your autopilot menu, 5th from the bottom, "Autopilot mode".
ScooterInVegas is offline Find More Posts by ScooterInVegas
Old Sep 27, 2011, 02:52 PM
Joined Jun 2009
598 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScooterInVegas View Post
You can only access the flight menu with the Tx, you have to use the remote to go into the main OSD menu.

FBW is on the page 1/3 in your autopilot menu, 5th from the bottom, "Autopilot mode".
Sorry, I did mean the flight menu - I can't get access to the flight menu, using my Tx.

Thank, about pointing out where to find "Autopilot mode"
Old Sep 27, 2011, 02:58 PM
Village Idiot!
United States, NV, Las Vegas
Joined Apr 2011
1,932 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpookiePower View Post
Sorry, I did mean the flight menu - I can't get access to the flight menu, using my Tx.

Thank, about pointing out where to find "Autopilot mode"
The debug screen is in your flight menu.
ScooterInVegas is offline Find More Posts by ScooterInVegas
Old Sep 27, 2011, 03:01 PM
Joined Jun 2009
598 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScooterInVegas View Post
The debug screen is in your flight menu.
Thanks

I found the solution to my problem.

I have set the "If R/C link lost" to "failsafe". I did not know that this setting would prevent me from entering the in flight menu.
Last edited by SpookiePower; Sep 27, 2011 at 03:24 PM.
Old Sep 27, 2011, 08:55 PM
I do all my own crashes
United States, NH, Rochester
Joined Jan 2011
243 Posts
Hey RC, this week my GPS has been taking up to 15min just to get satellites. I've even had to unplug my video TX to help set home. Last week only minutes..... no changes to the airframe though. I hope this is a temporary issue. ~Wingnut13
Wingnut13 is offline Find More Posts by Wingnut13
Old Sep 27, 2011, 10:00 PM
MK3
Aerial Loitering
Joined Sep 2011
432 Posts
What's ordering like these days? I see it still says out of stock. Can I just order without the remote? How long has it taken you guys to receive your RVOSD5?
MK3 is offline Find More Posts by MK3
Old Sep 28, 2011, 08:02 AM
Joined Jun 2009
598 Posts
Today I did my first two flights with the Gen.5. In the first flight, the failsafe did kick in pretty many times - I really don't know why this happend. I'm using the LRS Scherrer.

On the second flight, it seems to work better, but some time the flight data you see after the flight has ended, showed up during the flight. I did not try the debug screen to test for vibration - but what would you say about my vibrations when you look at the AHI during the flight ?

First flight -
RVOSD Gen.5 Test First flight (1 min 45 sec)

Second flight -
RVOSD Gen.5. Second test flight (3 min 0 sec)
Old Sep 28, 2011, 08:12 AM
Miami
Joined Dec 2001
1,641 Posts
Hi Spookie,

What is your order number? It seems you have a bad barometer on the graph board (altitude reading wrong) I will send a new graph board.
reznikvova is offline Find More Posts by reznikvova
Site Sponsor
Old Sep 28, 2011, 09:29 AM
Joined Jun 2009
598 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by reznikvova View Post
Hi Spookie,

What is your order number? It seems you have a bad barometer on the graph board (altitude reading wrong) I will send a new graph board.
Thanks

I have PM you my details.

But do you think that this bad Graph board, could have something to do with my failsafe kicking in all the time ?
Last edited by SpookiePower; Sep 28, 2011 at 09:50 AM.
Old Sep 28, 2011, 09:33 AM
Miami
Joined Dec 2001
1,641 Posts
No, I think the blinking failsafe is just a setup issue.

Have you connected both throttle and aux channels to the RVOSD? and you are using Throttle Failsafe detect point to trigger the autopilot/failsafe on RVOSD?
reznikvova is offline Find More Posts by reznikvova
Site Sponsor