HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 17, 2011, 01:56 PM
Joined Nov 2001
639 Posts
Well, at least it is on your list.......... :-) Is the update for bugs or cool new things?
hobbyboy is offline Find More Posts by hobbyboy
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 18, 2011, 04:43 PM
Illinois, USA
Joined Aug 2009
968 Posts
Here's a flight flown with waypoints.
Waypoint Flight with RVOSD G5 (5 min 48 sec)
vertcnc is offline Find More Posts by vertcnc
Old Sep 18, 2011, 07:15 PM
Joined Nov 2001
639 Posts
vertcnc

It looks like you were gliding the whole flight? It also looks like you might be using throttle cut to activate RTH or are you just shutting off the TX? I like that airframe. Have you been happy with it?

Bob
Old Sep 18, 2011, 07:38 PM
Illinois, USA
Joined Aug 2009
968 Posts
It flying under power, I had a problem with wire for current sensor. Throttle level is controlled by OSD, depending if it needs to climb or decsent. RTH and Waypoints are activated by a 3 pos. Switch.
Foamaroo is a nice platform for FPV. Lots of room for gear. I run a 8000 mah battery for long range flights. I have been out 7 miles with out a problem.
Old Sep 18, 2011, 08:31 PM
Joined Nov 2001
639 Posts
Ok, I figured your Foamaroo could not be that frugal with power. I know how the RVOSD 5 works , I have 2 of them :-)
Old Sep 19, 2011, 12:51 AM
On a holiday?
Uppsala, Sweden
Joined Sep 2008
3,588 Posts
Wow that video is really low quality, what do you use to record it? I'm sorry but I just can't watch it, I get a headache.
boopidoo is offline Find More Posts by boopidoo
Old Sep 19, 2011, 06:23 AM
Denmark, Capital Region of Denmark, Brøndbyvester
Joined Jun 2009
603 Posts
Today I did a test on the ground, with and without the prop. When reaching WOT (with the prop) the plane was making some small jumps, and the vibrations seems to be too much. Without the prop, it seems fine...I think.

I have not done a balance test of the prop.

Info:

Plane - Skywalker
Motor - Scorpion SII-3014 1040KV
Lipo - 4s
Prop - TGS Sport 9x6E Precision propelle

Testing vibration - RVOSD Gen.5 (0 min 45 sec)

Is it possibly to test the vibration while airborne ? I'm not sure if I stil can control the plane while looking at the debug screen ?
SpookiePower is offline Find More Posts by SpookiePower
Last edited by SpookiePower; Sep 19, 2011 at 06:28 AM.
Old Sep 19, 2011, 07:27 AM
On a holiday?
Uppsala, Sweden
Joined Sep 2008
3,588 Posts
Yes, you can fly (ie control the model) and look at the debug screen at the same time.
boopidoo is offline Find More Posts by boopidoo
Old Sep 19, 2011, 08:33 AM
Illinois, USA
Joined Aug 2009
968 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by boopidoo View Post
Wow that video is really low quality, what do you use to record it? I'm sorry but I just can't watch it, I get a headache.
Lawmate. I not really good at post processing these.
Old Sep 19, 2011, 04:44 PM
Joined Jun 2009
603 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by boopidoo View Post
Yes, you can fly (ie control the model) and look at the debug screen at the same time.
When I switch between the different screens, and reach the menu-screen, then I will not be able to control the plane - is this correct ?
Old Sep 19, 2011, 05:02 PM
The Flying Circus
Adelaide South Australia
Joined Sep 2007
3,887 Posts
Yes. The plane holds its last control stick positions. In order to change any menu items you need to have any of the automatic flight modes, like FBW, turned off as well.
ommadawn is offline Find More Posts by ommadawn
Old Sep 19, 2011, 05:07 PM
Joined Oct 2007
1,310 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ommadawn View Post
Yes. The plane holds its last control stick positions. In order to change any menu items you need to have any of the automatic flight modes, like FBW, turned off as well.
This is true, except that if you enter the menu with any stabilization mode activated, some menus cant be changed but at the same time the autopilot will temporary set level flight while you are in the menu, this will let you change the menus you can in a more relaxed way.
Elcheapo is offline Find More Posts by Elcheapo
Old Sep 19, 2011, 05:08 PM
Joined Jun 2009
603 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ommadawn View Post
I have not yet been airborne with my RVOSD, but on my first flight, I do not plane to change anything in the menu settings. Just selecting the debug screen to see the vibration while flying around. But when going through the different screens, I guess I just have to quickly enter and exit the menu screen, to regain control of the plane.
Old Sep 19, 2011, 05:13 PM
Joined Jun 2009
603 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elcheapo View Post
This is true, except that if you enter the menu with any stabilization mode activated, some menus cant be changed but at the same time the autopilot will temporary set level flight while you are in the menu, this will let you change the menus you can in a more relaxed way.
Just to be sure about the difference between Stabilizaton and Autopilot. Stabilizaton is where the plane helps you control the plane, and this type of stabilization is selected in the menu - right ? Autopilot, is where the plane take total control of the plane - and this is activated by using a 3-position-switch, or turning off the Tx - right ?
Old Sep 19, 2011, 05:19 PM
Joined Oct 2007
1,310 Posts
You can manually activate any of the stabilization modes.
When you toggle the auxiliary switch it will enable-disable the mode set on the menu Aux autopilot mode. You can call this "Stabilization" or "autopilot" mode.
If Rc link is lost and the OSD configured to detect it, then the system will force Return home.
Elcheapo is offline Find More Posts by Elcheapo