HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 03, 2013, 10:54 PM
Canada, BC, Vancouver
Joined Feb 2012
652 Posts
What to do about ahi veing slightly out? Mine starts bang on then sometimes gets a drift a bit. Rvosd in z2 mounted on rv suspended plate, wires... I think are not the issue.
elliott000 is online now Find More Posts by elliott000
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 04, 2013, 01:14 AM
Canada, BC, Vancouver
Joined Feb 2012
652 Posts
Got the AHI line sorted out.. onto the next cissue for me lol. I have the 140A current sensor installed , I see pack voltage and mah used but my current sits at .5A, I know i dont launch at .5 lol more like 90. Also Im having a hell of a time with the aux channel and screens. Alls I can switch is f16,radar,blank, repeat... cant get menus or autopilot.
Center pulse 1.48, up 1.88, down 1.08
thanks
Old Feb 04, 2013, 03:50 AM
Push'n the limits
Australia, QLD, Brisbane
Joined Oct 2005
2,081 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by elliott000 View Post
Got the AHI line sorted out.. onto the next cissue for me lol. I have the 140A current sensor installed , I see pack voltage and mah used but my current sits at .5A, I know i dont launch at .5 lol more like 90. Also Im having a hell of a time with the aux channel and screens. Alls I can switch is f16,radar,blank, repeat... cant get menus or autopilot.
thanks
Current sensor... you may well have current in/out hooked up the wrong way. You have the same symptoms as a friend that swapped out his XT connectors for deans and got it wrong. No damage done just swapped them and all was good to go again.

Chris.
NutBag is offline Find More Posts by NutBag
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 04, 2013, 07:36 AM
The Flying Circus
Adelaide South Australia
Joined Sep 2007
3,951 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by elliott000 View Post
thanks
Check that the Enable Autopilot menu item is not set to "Failsafe"

(from the manual)
"If the Enable autopilot menu item is set to anything other than No-Falsafe, you can navigate and change items on the in-flight submenu by using the elevator and aileron sticks."
ommadawn is online now Find More Posts by ommadawn
Old Feb 04, 2013, 10:19 AM
Canada, BC, Vancouver
Joined Feb 2012
652 Posts
Nice, thanks. Ill double check the current sensor today. Would it not register current until home is set? Cuz im havin set home issues takin forever too
Old Feb 04, 2013, 10:51 AM
Plainfield, New Jersey, United States
Joined Mar 2003
144 Posts
I've connected my rvosd to my hitec optima 9 and had to switch the elevator and aileron to get the elevon movements to correctly match my stick controls. But now, the autopilot is moving the elevons the wrong way..ie..up elevator would bank the plane and either right or left gives up elevator on both elevons. I'd assumed that running the wizard would've straightened that out since it was completed successfully. What am I missing?
chillybee is offline Find More Posts by chillybee
Old Feb 04, 2013, 11:13 AM
Canada, BC, Vancouver
Joined Feb 2012
652 Posts
Checked my connection on the current sensor and i have batterys on the side marked in which corresponds with the 70 a i have aswell. The one im using is 140
Old Feb 04, 2013, 01:05 PM
Canada, BC, Vancouver
Joined Feb 2012
652 Posts
problemo solved, had the sensor bassackwards.
Old Feb 04, 2013, 01:54 PM
Push'n the limits
Australia, QLD, Brisbane
Joined Oct 2005
2,081 Posts
Hi all,

I have been flying an RVosd5 (firmware as supplied) on my fascination for approx 5hrs with no problems then when I went flying yesterday my "internal temp" is always reading 0deg.
I have tried changing from internal temp to external to both to none saving each time but still no go. I realise I don't have an external sensor (using port for rssi) but was hoping it might trigger internal sensor again by changing from one to other...

I also cycled power a few times etc to see if any change but no difference.
Osd still seems to be working fine as I've had 2x 1hr flights yesterday but seeing no temp is worrying.

Any help or suggestions here would be great, unit is only 2-3mths old and I really don't want to send it back.

Chris.
NutBag is offline Find More Posts by NutBag
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 04, 2013, 02:56 PM
The Flying Circus
Adelaide South Australia
Joined Sep 2007
3,951 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by chillybee View Post
I've connected my rvosd to my hitec optima 9 and had to switch the elevator and aileron to get the elevon movements to correctly match my stick controls. But now, the autopilot is moving the elevons the wrong way..ie..up elevator would bank the plane and either right or left gives up elevator on both elevons. I'd assumed that running the wizard would've straightened that out since it was completed successfully. What am I missing?
Dont swap the Elevator and Aileron. Use the RVOSD menu item to change.
Quoted from Page 1:
-For flying wing the OSD will make the elevon mixing, disable elevon mixing on your transmitter if you had it set to do so, and connect RVOSD like this:
Rx auxiliary output ----> OSD auxiliary input
Rx Elevator output ----> OSD elevator input/output ----> Elevon1
Rx Aileron output ----> OSD aileron input/output ----> Elevon2
Rx Throttle output ----> OSD throttle input/output ----> ESC
Make sure the Elevons move to the appropriate directions when you move the elevator and aileron sticks, else reverse the directions on the transmitter. Do not try to reverse the aileron and elevator inputs to RVOSD in order to get correct movements. If you cant set directions to work properly, then reverse the setting of the OSD menu item Elevon-aileron CH1(Main menu page 4/4) and try again.
Old Feb 04, 2013, 03:29 PM
Joined Mar 2003
144 Posts
Ommadawn,
Mixing is turned off in my transmitter and I connected my receiver initially as what you said above. But I had to reverse those connections because the elevator stick moved my ailerons and the aileron stick moved my elevator. I did have to reverse my directions in my transmitter so up was up, down was down, and left and right were correct while in manual mode. But in FBW, rolling the plane 1 way causes both elevons move up. And, when navigating the menu, ailerons move the cursor up/down and elevator moves the cursor left/right which seemed a bit odd. I'll try yet again this evening and see what happens.
Old Feb 05, 2013, 05:42 AM
Joined Mar 2003
144 Posts
Ommadawn,

I finally got my controls working correctly when using FBW. The problem was that after making sure that the controls moved correctly manually, after running the RC Wizard, it messed things up so I had to just reverse Elevon-aileron CH1. Now everything seems to work just fine. My other question is, when I set the battery capacity and I have 2 sets of batteries, do I use the total mah of all of them as the maximum capacity or just the batteries connected to Main?
Old Feb 05, 2013, 06:48 AM
The Flying Circus
Adelaide South Australia
Joined Sep 2007
3,951 Posts
Current meter will only keep track of usage on the main input, as that is where the current sensor connects to.
However you can keep track of your secondary pak voltage by connecting a lead to the auxiliary battery port. When I am using a single battery for everything, I connect a lead between an unused servo channel and the auxiliary battery port. That allows me to monitor the health of my 5v rail from the UBEC. Combined with a ground recorder this can be very helpful in post crash analysis.
Here is an example. I nearly had a flyaway when a short developed across the 5v wires from my UBEC. Insulation slipped up and the wires twisted and crossed. Without the recording I might never have worked out what went wrong as the fault cleared shortly after crashing.
Watch the 5v AUX battery voltage
Near miss (2 min 2 sec)
Old Feb 05, 2013, 07:18 AM
Joined Mar 2003
144 Posts
Ommadawn,

That was really close and you were lucky. I already have a second lipo connected to my aux port so wouldn't that voltage also be displayed like your BEC voltage was...until it shorted out.
Old Feb 05, 2013, 03:04 PM
The Flying Circus
Adelaide South Australia
Joined Sep 2007
3,951 Posts
Correct. You get the aux V displayed, but not consumption.

I was sooo lucky that the short cct happened virtually over my head. Considering I had just been flying several miles away. And the flight controls were almost level. And it landed on a gentle upslope. It looks like the stabilization is working, but in truth all the servos were frozen.