Old Jun 20, 2011, 08:51 PM
VaZ
TheFlyer_PT
Portugal
Joined Feb 2011
611 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martin Y View Post
What? You didn't know that autopilot is N.American only?
No I didn't knew. I have DOSD, ikarus, both of them have autopilot, working fine in my country.
VaZ is offline Find More Posts by VaZ
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 20, 2011, 08:56 PM
Australia
Joined Apr 2008
2,805 Posts
Its American autopilots which are the problem, theyre the best in the world you know, and nobody else can make autopilots so by having ITAR it stops all the terrorists
chancesAU is offline Find More Posts by chancesAU
Old Jun 20, 2011, 09:04 PM
VaZ
TheFlyer_PT
Portugal
Joined Feb 2011
611 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by chancesAU View Post
Its American autopilots which are the problem, theyre the best in the world you know, and nobody else can make autopilots so by having ITAR it stops all the terrorists
Well, if range video is following the rules, it's not their fault, that we have to understand. But anyway, it's a stupid law LOL i have to admit so easy to solve that US barrier

Cheers,
Vaz.
Old Jun 20, 2011, 09:18 PM
Australia
Joined Apr 2008
2,805 Posts
All im saying is the rules are stupid, its not going to stop anyone from doing anything...

Anyway cant wait to see some videos of the new system!
chancesAU is offline Find More Posts by chancesAU
Old Jun 20, 2011, 09:20 PM
VaZ
TheFlyer_PT
Portugal
Joined Feb 2011
611 Posts
looking forward to see some videos too. Ordered mine but won't fly for a while, will stay on the shell for the 3rd platform
Old Jun 20, 2011, 10:19 PM
pwy
Sydney, Australia
Joined Sep 2007
116 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by VaZ View Post
great anyone mentioned that on the product page
Agree with you on this. You have to dig deep in the RV forums to find out what you do NOT get. It would have been fair to mention this prominently on the product page.

Obviously it won't take too long for the waypoint firmware to leak so we can all enjoy the listed features and maybe RV is willing to go through the paperwork and allow official export sometime in the future (also no mention anywhere).

I actually have one on order because I want a simple one-component setup and do not need the waypoint feature. Doesn't mean that I like getting a "crippled" version though.

As an added bonus it looks like international customers can wait a bit longer for delivery as the firmware without waypoint feature is not ready yet

Post in RV forum from Alex Villa/19/06/2011: "Current G5 will be shipped with the waypoint sequencer activated for USA and Canada. For the rest of the world I will release a special firmware version on few days."
pwy is offline Find More Posts by pwy
Old Jun 21, 2011, 05:13 AM
VaZ
TheFlyer_PT
Portugal
Joined Feb 2011
611 Posts
Well also if it's not possible to have waypoint navigation, why do we have to pay the same money that guys who get the osd with all the features pay? if so, there should be a reduction on price for non US.
Vaz.
Old Jun 21, 2011, 05:22 AM
España, Comunidad de Madrid, San Sebastián de los Reyes
Joined Dec 2009
257 Posts
All the autopilot modes will work with no restriction except the waypoint following mode.
In RVOSD always was in this way, I use a lot the RV autopilot but when I want to follow the waypoints I have to do it manually.

Even for North America the waypoints following mode has a restriction in order to not trespassing the visual range limit.

Brg
Roberto Montiel
Spain
R. Montiel is offline Find More Posts by R. Montiel
Old Jun 21, 2011, 01:27 PM
Joined Oct 2007
1,310 Posts
No, there is no limit for the RVOSD autopilot in North America. You can set waypoint to go any were you want.
There is a menu item called "virtual fence" that you can set to limit how far the autopilot is allowed to fly. If virtual fence distance is reached, the autopilot will cancel all pending waypoints and go back to home. This should save the day if a too far waypoint is set by mistake.
Elcheapo is offline Find More Posts by Elcheapo
Old Jun 21, 2011, 01:39 PM
SILURIA / UK
United Kingdom
Joined Jun 2009
2,445 Posts
Virtual fence - nice feature A. - that always worried me.
Shikra is offline Find More Posts by Shikra
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: MultiWii OSD - MWOSD NG
Old Jun 21, 2011, 03:10 PM
United States, AK, Wasilla
Joined Nov 2001
639 Posts
Rvosd 5

What is the RVOSD 5 using for airspeed control until the A/S sensor is integrated?

Bob
hobbyboy is offline Find More Posts by hobbyboy
Old Jun 21, 2011, 03:16 PM
Joined Oct 2007
1,310 Posts
No airspeed control yet. Throttle is managed on two fixed values. Cruise throttle and glide throttle. Autopilot will select when to "glide" based on altitude over set cruise altitude. Then, when altitude is under the altitude range control it will try to keep altitude by pitching the plane up or down while using cruise throttle level.
Old Jun 21, 2011, 03:36 PM
United States, FL, Plantation
Joined Nov 2005
655 Posts
Does G5 still need IR sensors?
GregSilver is offline Find More Posts by GregSilver
Old Jun 21, 2011, 03:44 PM
Joined Oct 2007
1,310 Posts
It is selectable. You can choose between using the IR sensors or the inertial unit for attitude information. The inertial unit is sensitive to high vibrations, so if you cant get the vibrations down in your system. You still can select the IR sensors.
By using balanced propellers and motors you can make the inertial unit to work properly on electric powered planes. Using gas or nitro engines will require more sophisticated means to stay with the inertial unit. And here is when the ability to switch to IR sensors could be useful.
Old Jun 21, 2011, 03:45 PM
United States, AK, Wasilla
Joined Nov 2001
639 Posts
Elcheapo

If I remember correctly, didn't you do development work on the RVOSD? I have never had good reliability without A/S control. That is why I spent 900 on the ATTO Pilot and that is without an IMU. I really would like to try RVOSD again if A/S control is really that close ( this fall?).
hobbyboy is offline Find More Posts by hobbyboy