SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Oct 10, 2012, 06:13 AM
Beyond the BlackStump
Australia, SA, Adelaide
Joined Mar 2006
317 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by picard10th View Post
Thats about the same as mine started doing, It's in for repair at RV been a few weeks now hopefully it's being replaced or sent back today
Thanks, PM'd Alex again as I thought I would see if a FW update might rectify it but alas no. Main board updated to 5.07 OK but Graphics board failed verification of configuration and although it shows both current FW versions when I boot, it goes back to a very similar screen with the funky new AHI in the background.

So much good weather here at the moment.....breathe...count to 10...
Macattaka is offline Find More Posts by Macattaka
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 10, 2012, 06:37 AM
Turkey, Istanbul
Joined Dec 2010
415 Posts
I am the one of who loaded new firmware to DOSD G5.

I must say that I like new IMU but new version is more sensitive for vibrations. I faced some drift problems.

Cheers
Firatp is offline Find More Posts by Firatp
Old Oct 10, 2012, 08:28 AM
The Flying Circus
Adelaide South Australia
Joined Sep 2007
3,951 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by p-plater View Post
Thanks, PM'd Alex again as I thought I would see if a FW update might rectify it but alas no. Main board updated to 5.07 OK but Graphics board failed verification of configuration and although it shows both current FW versions when I boot, it goes back to a very similar screen with the funky new AHI in the background.

So much good weather here at the moment.....breathe...count to 10...
Al, the latest version graphics does show verification failure on reflashing. Ignore it.
The screen you are seeing now is normal. You need to PM Alex with the number at the top of the screen and he will give you the unlock code, which you enter as the callsign, to enable the latest graphics.
Hope it works ok for you, otherwise, check your inbox.
Cheers
Frank
ommadawn is offline Find More Posts by ommadawn
Old Oct 10, 2012, 09:38 PM
Beyond the BlackStump
Australia, SA, Adelaide
Joined Mar 2006
317 Posts
And here's me thinking instructions are for girl's....re-read instructions CAREFULLY, reflashed and unlock code received from Alex. All working correctly now. Can only guess some kind of static charge may have upset it maybe, given it's in a foam airframe it could possibly create a reasonable amount of static.

Thanks for your help and very kind offer Frank but all good now. Of course Murphy's Law states that now it's working again it's currently gusting to 60kph outside.

How cool is the new AHI in 5.05...

Cheers,
Al
Last edited by Macattaka; Oct 10, 2012 at 09:47 PM.
Old Oct 10, 2012, 09:58 PM
addicted rc'er
Adelaide, Australia
Joined Dec 2009
876 Posts
good news p-plater, i hope mine arrives today witht the latest FW already loaded!
acky is online now Find More Posts by acky
Old Oct 13, 2012, 06:37 AM
There's magic in those wings !
Joined Nov 2006
4,839 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rclab1 View Post
khaled,

why did the EzUHF go into "failsafe" mode at such short distance?

If it did goto "failsafe", how come the RVOSD didn't RTH and loitered around your flying field?

Is it because you didn't "wait for the Satellites" to lock on? How long did you wait?

Maybe I missed a few steps?.... just wanted to learn from your expensive mistake.
Sorry about your $1000+ loss. That is a lot of money.....
Hi rclab1

Sorry I haven't checked this forum for a while . yes I suppose the main reson for the flyaway .. is not waiting for the Sat lock to finish and set home correctly .. it flew to somewhere else ... but as I said I only wanted to test fly it in a very short range .. line of sight .. and I lost r/C in less than 200 meters .. maybe 100 meter or a little more ...

I have my 2.4 GHz transmission on ... I had the Nagoya 774 that swivels ... I used the first frequency band ... 433mhz ... haven't performed a range check or check the noise floor ...

Khaled
khaled_abobakr is offline Find More Posts by khaled_abobakr
Old Oct 14, 2012, 10:35 AM
United States, FL, Marco Island
Joined Jan 2007
661 Posts
RVOSD with Rangelink

Just got my rvosd back and also received RL UHF, I'm setting up using PPM and RSSI and need to verify a few items if you could help

1. Is it best to set FS detection from the throttle detect or use glitch through aux

2. Best method to use a BEC? attach to any open servo input on ODS?

3. 10k or 100k resistor in line to RSSI/temp input? any advantage/possible issue with either?

I would also like to set up a dedicated RTH switch Gear on Dx7 how would that work with the two different FS detect options.

THANKS!
picard10th is offline Find More Posts by picard10th
Last edited by picard10th; Oct 14, 2012 at 10:41 AM.
Old Oct 14, 2012, 12:33 PM
Joined Nov 2006
4,839 Posts
Quote:
2. Best method to use a BEC? attach to any open servo input on ODS?

THANKS!
+1 ?

Thanks

Khaled
Old Oct 14, 2012, 04:21 PM
The Flying Circus
Adelaide South Australia
Joined Sep 2007
3,951 Posts
Use Ubec. You can connect to any unused servo socket on either the OSD or the Rx. Dont forget to disconnect the (+) wire from your ESC servo lead, as this will conflict with the supply from the Ubec. You can also disconnect the (-) from the ESC servo lead if you like. Its redundant and a possible source of ground loop. I connect my Ubec to the Rx to reduce the connections at the OSD. Combined PPM also helps reduce the wiring mess to the OSD.
I think you will find virtually everyone uses FS detect to trigger RTH.
If you want to have a dedicated RTH switch, (highly recommended) set up a mix switch that forces throttle to 120%.
ommadawn is offline Find More Posts by ommadawn
Old Oct 14, 2012, 04:46 PM
Beyond the BlackStump
Australia, SA, Adelaide
Joined Mar 2006
317 Posts
+1 for FS detect to trigger RTH

I use a 9XII with the gear switch slaved to throttle. Flicking the gear switch basically lifts the throttle about 50% above it's current point so to trigger FS, hence RTH, I raise the throttle and flick the gear switch. Not perfect but best I've worked out so far on a JR, given the gear switch is right above the throttle it's a natural movement to lift the throttle to reach the gear switch. Much quicker/easier than entering the in flight menu to change the auto pilot mode out of my favorite FBW mode

Cheers,
Al
Old Oct 14, 2012, 07:31 PM
Joined Jan 2007
661 Posts
All is working great! Thanks. Min-Max RSSI is 0%=785- 100%=2099 with a 10k resistor do those #'s look right?
Last edited by picard10th; Oct 14, 2012 at 07:36 PM.
Old Oct 14, 2012, 10:16 PM
Joined Jan 2011
416 Posts
Quote:
All is working great! Thanks. Min-Max RSSI is 0%=785- 100%=2099 with a 10k resistor do those #'s look right?
Mine were almost exactly the same. You'll find, if you have omnidirectional video antennas, that you won't have to worry about your control radio anymore. The video will cut out before you lose control.
npre is online now Find More Posts by npre
Old Oct 14, 2012, 10:32 PM
Joined Jan 2007
661 Posts
Was that from your RL or EZ.

We'll see on the limits I haven't tested my 1.3 with a V and just built a Bi Quad thats outperforming my 8db patch. IB says expect 25mi but It will be a while before I venture near that distance.
Old Oct 14, 2012, 10:56 PM
Joined Jan 2011
416 Posts
rangelink, ezuhf is different with different rvosd rssi values

of course, range depends on many factors, line of sight, noise, polarization, directionality, etc. i'm just passing on my experience, as with everything you read on the internet you should follow up with your own experimentation.
npre is online now Find More Posts by npre
Old Oct 15, 2012, 01:18 AM
Joined Nov 2006
4,839 Posts
Hi

I wonder how you gents measure the the max and min RSSI .. Please correct me

Max RSSI .. when the TX and RX is 1 meter a part

Min RSSI When I switch off the TX

Is this how I do it ... or do I need to get in to range check power down mode and walk all those paces to the point of fail safe then store the Min RSSI ...

Thanks a lot

Khaled