SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Sep 18, 2012, 04:24 AM
FPV in Hawaii
United States, HI, Kailua
Joined Feb 2012
2,360 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rastislavko View Post
This is how I made it: it's in the CG, takes almost no place (you can fit batter under it) and accessible via side door. RVOSD is in that black shrink wrap (I had no transparent one when I was replacing G4 to G5 board), I made my own anti-vibration mount (yellow), it was before RV made their own :-). Also the current sensor is in black shrink wrap - next to BEC. Final placement of ESC is on the opposite site. GPS is under the wing, next to LRS RX. I'm very satisfied with this placement, vibrations are no problem, I can take it out when I need to upgrade firmware (Alex knows how many times I did so )...

Oh, and one more thing: NEVER use that pan and tilt from BEVRC. It's a piece of ...
How do you make an anti-vibration mount? The RV one is too big for the belly of my Twinstar.
iskess is offline Find More Posts by iskess
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 18, 2012, 04:52 AM
The Flying Circus
Adelaide South Australia
Joined Sep 2007
4,034 Posts
Just try using memory foam. It works well. I havent used the RV mount yet. I have 3 of them. Cant make em fit!
ommadawn is offline Find More Posts by ommadawn
Last edited by ommadawn; Sep 18, 2012 at 05:29 AM.
Old Sep 18, 2012, 05:04 AM
FPV in Hawaii
Joined Feb 2012
2,360 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ommadawn View Post
Just try using memory foam. It works well. I havent used the RV mount yet.
I'll cut some off the bottom of my wife's tempurpedic pillow, she won't notice.
How do you recommend I secure the RVOSD? Plywood base, then foam, then RVOSD, secured with rubber bands to hold it all together? I had to trust rubber bands, maybe a Velcro strap?
Old Sep 18, 2012, 05:22 AM
Australia, SA, Adelaide
Joined May 2009
854 Posts
Hi..iskess
Photo 1...Glider fuz .. .I use a ply base with foam between the ply & osd ....then velcro straps to hold into position .
Photo 2.....foam wing......once again a ply base with foam inbetween the ply & osd ...this time the velcro is ontop of the foam & back of the osd .I use a foam cover over top to hide /protect the osd & wiring.
....Pete
Aussie Pete is offline Find More Posts by Aussie Pete
Old Sep 18, 2012, 05:32 AM
The Flying Circus
Adelaide South Australia
Joined Sep 2007
4,034 Posts
That doesnt look like memory foam Pete!
ommadawn is offline Find More Posts by ommadawn
Old Sep 18, 2012, 06:13 AM
Australia, SA, Adelaide
Joined May 2009
854 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ommadawn View Post
That doesnt look like memory foam Pete!
Frank...........If only I could remember where I put it .
Aussie Pete is offline Find More Posts by Aussie Pete
Old Sep 18, 2012, 07:03 AM
You can't take the sky from me
Slovakia, Bratislava Region, Bratislava
Joined Jun 2006
754 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by iskess View Post
How do you make an anti-vibration mount? The RV one is too big for the belly of my Twinstar.
Mine is bigger than the one from RV :-). I used two fiber glass plates, lower with 4 screws pointed up and upper with 4 holes, sticked with double sided tape to RVOSD. Then I placed rubber bands trought the holes and fixed them to the screws, one on each corner... Easy job, but if you have no space inside, using the foam is better idea.
Rastislavko is online now Find More Posts by Rastislavko
Old Sep 18, 2012, 08:29 AM
United States, TX, Austin
Joined Aug 2007
354 Posts
Why don't you give it a try?
superevan is offline Find More Posts by superevan
Old Sep 18, 2012, 09:02 AM
On a holiday?
Uppsala, Sweden
Joined Sep 2008
3,638 Posts
One cheap and actually quite good method is to use a small hand sponge and embed the RVOSD inside it or glued on top of it. This lowers vibrations a lot.
boopidoo is online now Find More Posts by boopidoo
Old Sep 18, 2012, 10:38 AM
Joined Jan 2011
416 Posts
Yeah I used a sponge scrubbie pad with the green scrubbie stuff ripped off, 12 for $1, works great the AHI is always smack dab. double sided mounting tape for adhesive.
npre is offline Find More Posts by npre
Old Sep 18, 2012, 11:13 AM
United States, FL, Marco Island
Joined Jan 2007
664 Posts
I hot glued sponge to floor of Condor, Hot glued rv anti-vibe to sponge and velcro'd osd to mount also used rubber washers on motor mount.
picard10th is offline Find More Posts by picard10th
Old Sep 18, 2012, 02:17 PM
Canada, AB, Jasper
Joined Feb 2007
474 Posts
I have a couple of Q's about the RVOSD.
!) For those that are using the Dragon link RX. How far away do you have the DL rx from the RVOSD. Is it right next to it or far away. What the best way to go here ?
My plan is to have the DL about 4 inches away from the OSD and the antenna far away from both.
2) Does the RVOSD need air flow. I notice lots are inside with no air flow. I've only had mine on for 10 min max testing and playing around and it seems fine.
zooman is offline Find More Posts by zooman
Old Sep 18, 2012, 03:28 PM
Joined Jan 2011
416 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by iskess View Post
Does anyone know what happens if you turn off the autopilot in the middle of a waypoint sequence, then turn it back on?
Will it continue the sequence from where you were, or will it start over at waypoint #1 again?
I'd like to know too, I went hunting through manuals and videos this morning and couldn't find anything conclusive even in Alex's videos
npre is offline Find More Posts by npre
Old Sep 18, 2012, 04:08 PM
Registered Loon
South Africa, WC, Knysna
Joined May 2006
1,321 Posts
continues the sequence
Blackrat is offline Find More Posts by Blackrat
Old Sep 18, 2012, 04:44 PM
FPV in Hawaii
Joined Feb 2012
2,360 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by npre View Post
I'd like to know too, I went hunting through manuals and videos this morning and couldn't find anything conclusive even in Alex's videos
Thanks for the assist npre. I've been trying to get an answer for weeks. I get the feeling not many people actually use the waypoint feature of the RVOSD. Probably because of its limitations in flexibility. From what I've gathered, you really need to have a whole flight plan loaded each time you want to use waypoints. You can't really keep all your landmarks in memory and just spontaneously decide you want the autopilot to fly to one of your waypoints.
I wish you could specify the Next waypoint rather than the Last waypoint.
There must be a reason Alex programmed it this way, but I don't understand why.

Edit: Thanks for the answer Blackrat.