Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Sep 02, 2012, 04:58 PM
Joined Oct 2007
1,310 Posts
If the GPS signal is lost on RTH mode the autopilot will keep the airplane on the very same attitude. So if it is at 30 bank trying to reach home, will keep that way, because home direction does not change.
It is important to fix this.
Elcheapo is offline Find More Posts by Elcheapo
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 02, 2012, 08:05 PM
United States, FL, Marco Island
Joined Jan 2007
661 Posts
Thanks! now could you elaborate on this parameter;

Turn rate gain (0):
IF these gain its set to anything but zero, the amount of Roll angle will proportionally cancel any pitch correction, allowing better heading control. Gains higher than 1, will add a proportionally related to roll, pitch up command

Increasing will cause elevator up kinda like a aerilon-elevator mix?
picard10th is offline Find More Posts by picard10th
Old Sep 05, 2012, 08:38 AM
Joined Nov 2010
548 Posts
Testing RVOSD G5 (G4 main board) on my Skywalker 1900mm. I love it!

Testing RVOSD G5 (5 min 12 sec)

One question though, is it possible to change the radius of the circle it takes above home?

Thanks!
raRaRa is offline Find More Posts by raRaRa
Old Sep 05, 2012, 11:49 AM
You can't take the sky from me
Slovakia, Bratislava Region, Bratislava
Joined Jun 2006
748 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by raRaRa View Post
One question though, is it possible to change the radius of the circle it takes above home?
Yes, it is: on AP screen 2/3, it's called "Loiter range". You can also change direction of turn - clockwise or counterclockwise...
Rastislavko is online now Find More Posts by Rastislavko
Old Sep 05, 2012, 12:02 PM
Turkey, Istanbul
Joined Dec 2010
411 Posts
I see Rababa uses new firmware on old hardware.

I couldn't decide whether I should load new firmware to my G5.

Do you advice me to load. Is there any bad issue so far ?

Thanks
Firat
Firatp is offline Find More Posts by Firatp
Old Sep 05, 2012, 12:07 PM
Joined Nov 2010
548 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Firatp View Post
I see Rababa uses new firmware on old hardware.

I couldn't decide whether I should load new firmware to my G5.

Do you advice me to load. Is there any bad issue so far ?

Thanks
Firat
I'm using the latest experimental. It's great so far Whether you should upgrade or not... up to you! No issues for me so far.
raRaRa is offline Find More Posts by raRaRa
Old Sep 05, 2012, 12:38 PM
Joined Jun 2006
748 Posts
I've been testing some beta versions, there were some small issues, but the last one is perfect - all functions are the same or better than in previous stable version, and once you will see the new AHI, you will fall in love too deep to return to any previous version :-)
Old Sep 05, 2012, 12:50 PM
Joined Aug 2012
18 Posts
Setting Home not happening

Monday it all worked fine. Had a great FBW flight.
Today it took forever to get the satellites to lock. After a long wait the 'Setting Home" started to count up. It made it to 125 several times and restarted at 0
Then it remained at zero. After a long wait ( 5-7 mins) I disconnected and restart the OSD by disconnecting power. Again it took forever to get the satellites. It showed Setting Home 0" and never counted up. Waited another (10 mins) and reset the OSD again with the same result. HDOP is set at the default 1.30.

This was all done at the field in the open. Any ideas?

Thanks,
cretcheu is offline Find More Posts by cretcheu
Old Sep 05, 2012, 01:10 PM
Joined Jun 2006
748 Posts
Happend to me once, too. Exactly the same. I spend about 40 minutes trying, resetting (with IR controller) and swearing. I also tried remove batteries, but with no success.

After then I removed battery, wait for about 5-7 minutes (without any power, to cool it down), reconnect it and get the lock in about minute.

It happened to me only once. I have never such problem before or after this. Possible reason was bad wiring of my aileron servos - they are placed next to GPS, but in this case they led (due to my mistake when placing the Skywalker wing) right above GPS antenna.

Funny is, that simple reset did not solve this - I had to wait with disconnected RVOSD for some minutes, then it worked as well as always...
Old Sep 05, 2012, 02:51 PM
On a holiday?
Uppsala, Sweden
Joined Sep 2008
3,568 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by raRaRa View Post
Testing RVOSD G5 (G4 main board) on my Skywalker 1900mm. I love it!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GE5u1kUyfIc

Thanks!
Awesome, nice to see it up and flying!
boopidoo is offline Find More Posts by boopidoo
Old Sep 05, 2012, 04:36 PM
FPV in Hawaii
United States, HI, Kailua
Joined Feb 2012
2,227 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by iskess View Post
Alex, what is the scale on the vario along the inside of the altimeter tape? What is the rate of climb/descent for full scale deflection?
Bump.
iskess is offline Find More Posts by iskess
Old Sep 05, 2012, 05:01 PM
FPV in Hawaii
Joined Feb 2012
2,227 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by iskess View Post
One feature I will miss is the onboard data recording of the DOSD. After my flight the DOSD generates a tiny .kml 3D flight log file that opens right into Google Earth. (see attached). I know RVOSD can do this with RVGS, but that requires setting up a lot more equipment.
Alex, is it possible that this feature maybe added in the future?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elcheapo View Post
RVOSD can't do logs because it has no memory for that. It can do logs when paired to the telemetry decoder on ground(via video signal) but this require the use of a laptop at the field. However the RVGS is not on stock at this moment.
Alex,
I am really going to miss the Google Earth ground track logging, so I am trying to come up with an add-on solution. Please take a look at these serial data loggers, and tell me if you think they will work with the RVOSD GPS data.
This one from Sparkfun https://www.sparkfun.com/products/9530 seems very flexible. It can log GPS data using a removable SD card. If it could tap into the RVOSD GPS cable safely, it would be an inexpensive solution. Ideally some firmware could be created to automatically make .KML files, otherwise that could be done on the PC with a little more hassle.
Here are other solutions: https://www.sparkfun.com/products/9530

This would make a great add-on option to the RVOSD. This seems like it should be easy, but last time I used that word you showed me how difficult "easy" can be!

Thank you again for answering all these questions.
Old Sep 05, 2012, 06:02 PM
Joined Oct 2007
1,310 Posts
Quote:
Alex, what is the scale on the vario along the inside of the altimeter tape? What is the rate of climb/descent for full scale deflection?
4m/s on metric mode, 12f/s on imperial mode.
Quote:
I am really going to miss the Google Earth ground track logging, so I am trying to come up with an add-on solution. Please take a look at these serial data loggers, and tell me if you think they will work with the RVOSD GPS data.
This one from Sparkfun https://www.sparkfun.com/products/9530 seems very flexible. It can log GPS data using a removable SD card. If it could tap into the RVOSD GPS cable safely, it would be an inexpensive solution. Ideally some firmware could be created to automatically make .KML files, otherwise that could be done on the PC with a little more hassle.
Here are other solutions: https://www.sparkfun.com/products/9530
Will check this. But I think is more important for us to get RVGS on stock.
Elcheapo is offline Find More Posts by Elcheapo
Old Sep 06, 2012, 01:42 AM
FPV in Hawaii
Joined Feb 2012
2,227 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elcheapo View Post
4m/s on metric mode, 12f/s on imperial mode.
Will check this. But I think is more important for us to get RVGS on stock.
Thank you for being willing to look into this for me.
The RVGS doesn't have logging either, it requires a computer which is too cumbersome to hassle with in the field. The RVGS should have built in logging onto an SD card also.
Old Sep 06, 2012, 02:52 AM
Joined Jun 2006
748 Posts
Alex, is there any chance for (close) future HW update in RVGS? I mean additional GPS and/or magnetometer, eliminating (GPS+MGM) or easing (MGM only) the need of calibration...