HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 12, 2012, 09:59 AM
Joined Apr 2012
937 Posts
If i want a Cruise altitude of 50meters when rth, what settings should i use?
timtimtim is offline Find More Posts by timtimtim
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 12, 2012, 03:46 PM
You can't take the sky from me
Slovakia, Bratislava Region, Bratislava
Joined Jun 2006
748 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by timtimtim View Post
If i want a Cruise altitude of 50meters when rth, what settings should i use?
Look here how it works with "Cruise altitude" and "Altitude control limit": http://rangevideo.com/forum/showthre...4764#post24764

So you only have to set Cruise altitude to 50 meters and Altitude control limit to whatever you want to dive to Cruise altitude from...
Rastislavko is offline Find More Posts by Rastislavko
Old Aug 13, 2012, 11:06 PM
United States, CA, Redding
Joined Jul 2004
83 Posts
Problems getting servos to move with EZUHF through my RVOSD

I'm hoping to get some help with this problem. I'm using a EZUHF tx/rx hooked up to my 9cap. I believe I have everything hooked up to my RVOSD correctly (see picture).

The problem is that my servos will not move when I move the tx sticks when everything is hooked up through my RVOSD. I've verified the rx and servos work by pluging servos directly into rx. Servos move when I do this, but plug them into the RVOSD and nothing happens. The servos move for a split second when a battery gets plugged into the RVOSD, but that's it. My pan servo works fine because it is plugged in directly to my rx, but no other servos work through the OSD.

1. 9cap is in PPM mode and turned on with EZUHF working.
2. rx works and power is suppled to it via a 2cell batt
3. I believe i have all servo wires in right place and orintation (see pic)
4. I've gone into the OSD menu (4/4) and told the RVOSD that a rx is plugged in.
5. Went to PPM configuration and switched to PPM1, but values did not move when I moved the tx sticks.
6. I tried getting servos to move through "NORMAL RX and PPM COMBINED. Servos did not move.
7. Went through RC WIZARD and did see values change during this process, but nothing happened after the wizard finished. Servos still will not move with tx sticks.

Please help. Where am I going wrong??? I'm very frustrated!!!

Thanks for any help,

Todd
Opus44 is offline Find More Posts by Opus44
Old Aug 14, 2012, 02:53 AM
Suspended Account
Australia, VIC, Melbourne
Joined Aug 2012
87 Posts
Not tried it but considering it. Should be great!
FirstPersonView is offline Find More Posts by FirstPersonView
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Aug 14, 2012, 07:14 AM
Crash=start of next project
United States, CA, Los Angeles
Joined Nov 2010
686 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Opus44 View Post
I'm hoping to get some help with this problem. I'm using a EZUHF tx/rx hooked up to my 9cap. I believe I have everything hooked up to my RVOSD correctly (see picture).

The problem is that my servos will not move when I move the tx sticks when everything is hooked up through my RVOSD. I've verified the rx and servos work by pluging servos directly into rx. Servos move when I do this, but plug them into the RVOSD and nothing happens. The servos move for a split second when a battery gets plugged into the RVOSD, but that's it. My pan servo works fine because it is plugged in directly to my rx, but no other servos work through the OSD.

1. 9cap is in PPM mode and turned on with EZUHF working.
2. rx works and power is suppled to it via a 2cell batt
3. I believe i have all servo wires in right place and orintation (see pic)
4. I've gone into the OSD menu (4/4) and told the RVOSD that a rx is plugged in.
5. Went to PPM configuration and switched to PPM1, but values did not move when I moved the tx sticks.
6. I tried getting servos to move through "NORMAL RX and PPM COMBINED. Servos did not move.
7. Went through RC WIZARD and did see values change during this process, but nothing happened after the wizard finished. Servos still will not move with tx sticks.

Please help. Where am I going wrong??? I'm very frustrated!!!

Thanks for any help,

Todd
Todd,
Are you "saving" after you run the wizard? I believe you are close and missing some small point. Follow the manual wrt setup precisely, step by step. Double check your PPM setting in the RVOSD. If you can see signal in Wizard, you are close.
Regards,
Steven
CN I Dawg is offline Find More Posts by CN I Dawg
Old Aug 14, 2012, 07:48 AM
United States, CA, Redding
Joined Jul 2004
83 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CN I Dawg View Post
Todd,
Are you "saving" after you run the wizard? I believe you are close and missing some small point. Follow the manual wrt setup precisely, step by step. Double check your PPM setting in the RVOSD. If you can see signal in Wizard, you are close.
Regards,
Steven
Steven,

1. The OSD does not give me a chance to save after I run the wizard. It just kicks me back out to the main screen after the wizard is finished. I'll go back and check again though.

2. Did you look at the pictures? Can you verifiy that I have my leads in the correct location?

Anybody else have suggestions??

Thanks

Todd
Opus44 is offline Find More Posts by Opus44
Old Aug 14, 2012, 08:59 AM
The Flying Circus
Adelaide South Australia
Joined Sep 2007
3,874 Posts
When you get to the main screen the very last item on page 4 is "save changes" Select this to save everything you have set.
ommadawn is offline Find More Posts by ommadawn
Old Aug 14, 2012, 09:01 AM
Joined Nov 2010
548 Posts
Quick question, if I have RVOSD 4 with G5 upgrade board, can I use the PPM combination feature? So that I can plug DragonLink RX to RVOSD via the PPM combine?

And another question, can this be used with RVOSD 4 with G4 board?

Thanks!
raRaRa is offline Find More Posts by raRaRa
Old Aug 14, 2012, 09:09 AM
United States, FL, Marco Island
Joined Jan 2007
661 Posts
Hi Todd,
I don't use ppm or ezuhf but did have a issue once in AP mode when stabilization gain was set to 0 so make sure your not in a AP mode or that stabilization gain for roll and pitch are set to 50. Make sure your reading the forum "work in progress" manual.
Good luck!
Gary
picard10th is offline Find More Posts by picard10th
Old Aug 14, 2012, 02:43 PM
The Flying Circus
Adelaide South Australia
Joined Sep 2007
3,874 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by raRaRa View Post
Quick question, if I have RVOSD 4 with G5 upgrade board, can I use the PPM combination feature? So that I can plug DragonLink RX to RVOSD via the PPM combine?

And another question, can this be used with RVOSD 4 with G4 board?

Thanks!
I have a G4 with G5 upgrade, and PPM works just fine. Cant answer about PPM with original G4.
ommadawn is offline Find More Posts by ommadawn
Old Aug 15, 2012, 12:28 AM
TREES!!! Ouch!!!
Mexico, BC
Joined Jun 2009
1,979 Posts
still no reply to my email...
ROCKY2 is offline Find More Posts by ROCKY2
Old Aug 15, 2012, 07:14 AM
The way of being is doing.
Italia, Emilia Romagna, Ravenna
Joined Apr 2009
432 Posts
Hi,
I think to have a problem with my RVGS because when I connect receiver to auxiliary A/V input the yellow LED doesn't power on and nothing appear on the TV screen.

While when I connect the same receiver on the main A/V input the blue LED power on and I can see good images on the TV screen.

When I connect two receivers (one in Main A/V and one in Auxiliary A/V) only the blue LED power on. Then I tryed to connect each receiver directly to the TV and both have good signals.

Finally I tryed to adjust Video level but nothing.

So I guess that auxiliary channel it is not working.

What do you think? When you connect receiver to auxiliary input does yellow LED power on ?
IMEIV is online now Find More Posts by IMEIV
Last edited by IMEIV; Aug 15, 2012 at 07:28 AM.
Old Aug 15, 2012, 11:27 AM
United States, TX, Austin
Joined Aug 2007
338 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by IMEIV View Post
Hi,
I think to have a problem with my RVGS because when I connect receiver to auxiliary A/V input the yellow LED doesn't power on and nothing appear on the TV screen.

While when I connect the same receiver on the main A/V input the blue LED power on and I can see good images on the TV screen.

When I connect two receivers (one in Main A/V and one in Auxiliary A/V) only the blue LED power on. Then I tryed to connect each receiver directly to the TV and both have good signals.

Finally I tryed to adjust Video level but nothing.

So I guess that auxiliary channel it is not working.

What do you think? When you connect receiver to auxiliary input does yellow LED power on ?
I had the same thing happen and thought the aux input was dead until I plugged the camera directly into the rvgs with no vtx or vrx and it came on fine. Try that first.

Are you transmitting a picture or just plugging in with receivers 'on' for testing?
superevan is offline Find More Posts by superevan
Old Aug 15, 2012, 12:10 PM
The way of being is doing.
Italia, Emilia Romagna, Ravenna
Joined Apr 2009
432 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by superevan View Post
I had the same thing happen and thought the aux input was dead until I plugged the camera directly into the rvgs with no vtx or vrx and it came on fine. Try that first.

Are you transmitting a picture or just plugging in with receivers 'on' for testing?
I have just tryed to plug the camera directly into rvgs without vtx or vrx. Result.. in auxiliary channel no yellow LED powered on and no picture showed on the TV.

While when I connected the camera directly in the main channel I could see picture on the TV.

Yes I'm trasmitting a picture...

Now what do you advise me to do ?
IMEIV is online now Find More Posts by IMEIV
Old Aug 15, 2012, 12:58 PM
United States, FL, Marco Island
Joined Jan 2007
661 Posts
AP functions

Position hold- What does your plane do? mine circles. was there a change in programming from what manual says?.
"
The autopilot will fly figure
eight patterns around the
GPS coordinates at the
moment of activation; it will
also try to keep the actual
altitude. "

RTH- Instead of making a 90 deg left turn toward home it takes a big slow 370 deg right turn, Any way to correct that? I would also like to sharpen that turn. Can I get some guidence on what to adjust, how much and affects of each varible on the other.
Stabilization Roll gain

Max Roll angle
Whats the diff from...
Heading proportional Gain (there's also Integral and derivative gains)
AHI source is set to
Thermopiles or IMU, then this parameter
will set the desired bank angle instead
of direct aileron deflection.
Turn rate gain

Whew...
picard10th is offline Find More Posts by picard10th