HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jul 30, 2012, 01:13 AM
Joined Oct 2007
1,310 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by picard10th View Post
Mine was doing the same thing. Alex will have it Monday.
I told you via PM that the videos you posted show a normally working AHI.
The WP sequencer mode not working properly was caused by:
1-You were trying to fly with home not set.
2-Slow airplane on high winds. The autopilot needs better than default settings to work on those conditions. While RTH will work with default settings the waypoint sequencer will need some tweakings, plus you have to carefully follow the setup procedure. Get the plane balanced and trimmed before and then set the neutrals and gains.

This is not a TVset. While basic setup will make RVOSD to work on most RC airplanes with less than perfect trimmings there is still some adjusts and tweakings you need to do for making it work on the more advanced modes, and to get the best performance from it.

If you sent it to Rangevideo Vova will check it. But unless it had a hardware damage after you flew those flights you posted I don't think there is anything wrong with it.
Elcheapo is offline Find More Posts by Elcheapo
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 30, 2012, 01:14 AM
Joined Oct 2007
1,310 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ROCKY2 View Post
yes better in pitch but still unusable
Contact Vova at rangevideo@yahoo.com for a replacement.
Old Jul 30, 2012, 11:07 AM
United States, FL, Marco Island
Joined Jan 2007
661 Posts
Hi Alex,
I agree the AHI and barometer were working at that time. The plane was and is trimmed perfectly. It even had the direction and distance to the waypoint correct. It just went into a spin dive!
I'll accept more tweeking is necessary it would be nice to have more guidence on that. Level flight, FBW and RTH seemed to be fine so I thought WP would too. All of that is not my main issue.
The problem is the intermittent failure of the AHI, It happened during my initial ground testing but then seem to have stopped. then it seemed to happen more often and when I sent it to you store on Fri it was almost always not working properly. The AHI is VERY slow to react something IS wrong with the unit, Has been from the start. Looks like the same issue Rocky has. All I want is a replacement or refund. I'll post this on RCgroups so Vova can have a copy.
Thanks,
Gary
BTW-You originally noted that the AHI was NOT working due to vibrations, I don't think that the case even though the meters don't work on my unit I have it on your anti-vibe mount and on a bed of anti vibe foam, motor prop balanced.
It also wasn't that windy the other AP modes had no problem.
picard10th is offline Find More Posts by picard10th
Last edited by picard10th; Jul 30, 2012 at 11:17 AM.
Old Jul 31, 2012, 03:40 PM
United States, CA, Santa Clarita
Joined Jul 2007
404 Posts
Vova, do you have anymore v5 upgrade boards forsale? I read in a prior post that you had repaired boards forsale. Are there any left?
Jumpjet101 is offline Find More Posts by Jumpjet101
Old Aug 01, 2012, 07:40 AM
Cut - Print - It's a wrap
Santa Clarita, CA
Joined Jan 2004
212 Posts
3 axis camera stabilization

I received my new RVOSD V5.1 last week and to put it mildly, I'm blown away by what a great OSD this is. So impressed.

I have a need for stabilize my 3 axis camera mount. My question is this:
Is the RVOSD using the AHI to stabilize the 3 axis camera mount?
How can I use this function? I have not seen any documentation.

Thanks
Mike
tvedit is offline Find More Posts by tvedit
Old Aug 01, 2012, 03:03 PM
Joined Oct 2007
1,310 Posts
The AHI is the display output of the internal Inertial unit status. So, yes the internal inertial unit is used for camera stabilization.
Just added camera stabilization explanations to the Instructions thread: http://rangevideo.com/forum/showthre...n-progress-%29
Old Aug 03, 2012, 11:34 PM
New Beeeeee
United States, CA, Sacramento
Joined Apr 2011
1,073 Posts
hi guys,
can anyone tell if i did this wrong?? lol works ok on the table.......

RVOSD fast setup (3 min 27 sec)
RUBNorris is offline Find More Posts by RUBNorris
Old Aug 04, 2012, 02:35 AM
Great Britain
Joined Dec 2008
1,668 Posts
If you save OSD settings whenever you make config changes in the menus you wont have to for example change RC receiver connected to YES everytime you power up.

Edit : also you could ditch a bunch of those wires running between dl rx and rvosd by using PPM
MrBen. is offline Find More Posts by MrBen.
Last edited by MrBen.; Aug 04, 2012 at 02:57 AM.
Old Aug 04, 2012, 04:25 AM
The Flying Circus
Adelaide South Australia
Joined Sep 2007
3,951 Posts
I would recommend strain relief on the GPS cable. Its TOO easy to rip the connector off the board. I did it recently.
+1 for using combined PPM out from DL Rx.
I usually make a video clip of all my settings to help when I re-flash the firmware. Its easier to just go through the recording and put all the numbers back in.
Cheers
Frank
ommadawn is offline Find More Posts by ommadawn
Last edited by ommadawn; Aug 04, 2012 at 08:46 AM.
Old Aug 04, 2012, 07:54 AM
New Beeeeee
Joined Apr 2011
1,073 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBen. View Post
If you save OSD settings whenever you make config changes in the menus you wont have to for example change RC receiver connected to YES everytime you power up.

Edit : also you could ditch a bunch of those wires running between dl rx and rvosd by using PPM
Thank you, Im new to flying FPV with this system. How can i use PPM to eliminate wires. Do I has to go through OSD menu settings?
Old Aug 04, 2012, 07:58 AM
Illinois, USA
Joined Aug 2009
968 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RUBNorris View Post
Thank you, Im new to flying FPV with this system. How can i use PPM to eliminate wires. Do I has to go through OSD menu settings?
Yes you can use one set of wires for combined ppm.. Then go into the menu and basically turn it on. I cant remember the the exact connection point. If you read the manual and run the wizard it is pretty easy.
vertcnc is offline Find More Posts by vertcnc
Old Aug 04, 2012, 08:51 AM
The Flying Circus
Adelaide South Australia
Joined Sep 2007
3,951 Posts
On the DL Rx, combined PPM out is on Ch 9. Just connect a single servo lead between that and the Ele in on RVOSD, then select combined PPM on RVOSD. You then need to assign the channels. Its all in the instructions. Works well and simplifies things a bit. If you are using a separate Ubec you can connect the 5v supply for your RC gear to either the OSD or the Rx. Your choice.
ommadawn is offline Find More Posts by ommadawn
Old Aug 04, 2012, 09:14 AM
Joined Apr 2012
937 Posts
When you do the diod mod on frsky reciever, do you remove anyhing or just add the diod? and is there a connection diagram how to setup this with a frsky receiver, i need only one wire from osd to reciever, right?
timtimtim is offline Find More Posts by timtimtim
Old Aug 04, 2012, 10:35 AM
New Beeeeee
Joined Apr 2011
1,073 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ommadawn View Post
On the DL Rx, combined PPM out is on Ch 9. Just connect a single servo lead between that and the Ele in on RVOSD, then select combined PPM on RVOSD. You then need to assign the channels. Its all in the instructions. Works well and simplifies things a bit. If you are using a separate Ubec you can connect the 5v supply for your RC gear to either the OSD or the Rx. Your choice.
ok I'll give it a shot when i get back. (my router just died)
Also my motor keeps beeping and will not throttle up, so im guessing i have no signal. Everything else works but motor. kinda funny?
Old Aug 04, 2012, 11:07 AM
Joined Oct 2007
1,310 Posts
Guys, you should check this: http://rangevideo.com/forum/showthre...n-progress-%29

It shows step by step instructions, and the diode mod for FRsky is also there.