SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Reply
Thread Tools
Old May 25, 2012, 05:13 AM
Great Britain
MrBen.'s Avatar
Joined Dec 2008
1,668 Posts
its a pitch ladder indicating angle of the plane
MrBen. is offline Find More Posts by MrBen.
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old May 25, 2012, 08:35 AM
Registered User
Joined Apr 2008
356 Posts
the new AHI ROCKS!! it's simply amazing.
New lines are "tags" to certain angle levels (10, 20, 30 ..etc) like the real one, beautiful
GliderLover is offline Find More Posts by GliderLover
Last edited by GliderLover; May 25, 2012 at 08:45 AM.
Reply With Quote
Old May 25, 2012, 08:59 AM
Registered User
rcplanes1234's Avatar
United States, IA, West Des Moines
Joined Jan 2010
664 Posts
Hello all quick question. I have a 4s going through the current sensor and a 3s powering the video gear. On the jumper settings do i put the main battery on disable?
rcplanes1234 is online now Find More Posts by rcplanes1234
Reply With Quote
Old May 25, 2012, 09:01 AM
Registered User
Norway
Joined Aug 2011
244 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcplanes1234 View Post
Hello all quick question. I have a 4s going through the current sensor and a 3s powering the video gear. On the jumper settings do i put the main battery on disable?
yep
Bauf is offline Find More Posts by Bauf
Reply With Quote
Old May 25, 2012, 10:26 AM
The way of being is doing.
IMEIV's Avatar
Italia, Emilia Romagna, Ravenna
Joined Apr 2009
434 Posts
Today I made few FPV flight with RVOSD5 to test the auto pilot ... and here came the problem ...

Flying at an altitude of 120 meters ... Turn on LEVEL FLIGHT and the plane keeps the altitude but unfortunately not maintain the direction ... if I leave this auto-pilot mode active the plane starts to turn left or right.

At this point I check vibration control and I realize that I have more vibration in the air than on the ground... vibrations reach full scale. Unfortunately the board of the RV is closed in a very tight in my Zephyr ...

At this point the malfunction of LEVEL FLIGHT is caused by excessive vibration?
IMEIV is offline Find More Posts by IMEIV
Reply With Quote
Old May 25, 2012, 10:41 AM
Registered User
rcplanes1234's Avatar
United States, IA, West Des Moines
Joined Jan 2010
664 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by IMEIV View Post
Today I made few FPV flight with RVOSD5 to test the auto pilot ... and here came the problem ...

Flying at an altitude of 120 meters ... Turn on LEVEL FLIGHT and the plane keeps the altitude but unfortunately not maintain the direction ... if I leave this auto-pilot mode active the plane starts to turn left or right.

At this point I check vibration control and I realize that I have more vibration in the air than on the ground... vibrations reach full scale. Unfortunately the board of the RV is closed in a very tight in my Zephyr ...

At this point the malfunction of LEVEL FLIGHT is caused by excessive vibration?
It says in the manual that your not suppose to let the vibration bar ,z axis,
get to the top bar on any throttle setting. Do you have any anti vibration foam? Try mounting the osd onto your plane using that, or you can buy the vibration mount rangevideo sells.
rcplanes1234 is online now Find More Posts by rcplanes1234
Reply With Quote
Old May 25, 2012, 10:47 AM
Registered User
rcplanes1234's Avatar
United States, IA, West Des Moines
Joined Jan 2010
664 Posts
Has any one heard word on the cruise speed feature. I was looking through the manual and saw that it was a future development thing.
rcplanes1234 is online now Find More Posts by rcplanes1234
Reply With Quote
Old May 25, 2012, 10:52 AM
The way of being is doing.
IMEIV's Avatar
Italia, Emilia Romagna, Ravenna
Joined Apr 2009
434 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcplanes1234 View Post
It says in the manual that your not suppose to let the vibration bar ,z axis,
get to the top bar on any throttle setting. Do you have any anti vibration foam? Try mounting the osd onto your plane using that, or you can buy the vibration mount rangevideo sells.
I have a home made anty vibration foam. The motor is balanced but I think that the very problem is that RVOSD5 due to the small space is in contact with cables and curent sensor.. Therefore it's not isolated.
IMEIV is offline Find More Posts by IMEIV
Reply With Quote
Old May 25, 2012, 10:55 AM
Registered User
rcplanes1234's Avatar
United States, IA, West Des Moines
Joined Jan 2010
664 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by IMEIV View Post
I have a home made anty vibration foam. The motor is balanced but I think that the very problem is that RVOSD5 due to the small space is in contact with cables and curent sensor.. Therefore it's not isolated.
I have every single unit on my plane mounted on anti vibration foam. That way you dont vibration from other units from the wires.
rcplanes1234 is online now Find More Posts by rcplanes1234
Reply With Quote
Old May 25, 2012, 10:59 AM
The way of being is doing.
IMEIV's Avatar
Italia, Emilia Romagna, Ravenna
Joined Apr 2009
434 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcplanes1234 View Post
I have every single unit on my plane mounted on anti vibration foam. That way you dont vibration from other units from the wires.
Right. At this point I can only make few changes...
IMEIV is offline Find More Posts by IMEIV
Reply With Quote
Old May 25, 2012, 11:40 AM
Registered User
Elcheapo's Avatar
Joined Oct 2007
1,310 Posts
The vibration bar is over sensitive, this helps with working out vibrations. So if you can achieve to keep the vibration bars indicators under the maximum at all throttle levels while testing on the ground, then you can be sure the IMU will work. In flight you will see the bars reaching higher levels because the other inertial forces acting on the plane.
On level flight mode the model should stay within +-10 on both pitch and roll. Thus it will not keep heading, neither altitude on the long term.
This is why there is another stabilization mode called Heading hold, I suggest you to try that .
Elcheapo is offline Find More Posts by Elcheapo
Reply With Quote
Old May 25, 2012, 11:54 AM
The way of being is doing.
IMEIV's Avatar
Italia, Emilia Romagna, Ravenna
Joined Apr 2009
434 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elcheapo View Post
The vibration bar is over sensitive, this helps with working out vibrations. So if you can achieve to keep the vibration bars indicators under the maximum at all throttle levels while testing on the ground, then you can be sure the IMU will work. In flight you will see the bars reaching higher levels because the other inertial forces acting on the plane.
On level flight mode the model should stay within +-10 on both pitch and roll. Thus it will not keep heading, neither altitude on the long term.
This is why there is another stabilization mode called Heading hold, I suggest you to try that .
The problem is that heading change on the short term. After 6 seconds that I activate LEVEL FLIGHT the plane turn right or left decisively and with more of 10. And the aircraft would perform circles in a short area. I can say that the flight level not working...
You do not believe that the vibrations can be the problem ?
IMEIV is offline Find More Posts by IMEIV
Reply With Quote
Old May 25, 2012, 12:00 PM
Registered User
Elcheapo's Avatar
Joined Oct 2007
1,310 Posts
Hard to say without a video. If Level flight mode does align the plane with the artificial horizon indicator(AHI) on the screen, then you have everything properly configured and the problem is the vibrations.
If the AHI follows the real horizon within +-10 and level flight does not align the model with the horizon, then there is something wrong with the configuration.
Elcheapo is offline Find More Posts by Elcheapo
Reply With Quote
Old May 25, 2012, 02:43 PM
Registered User
rcplanes1234's Avatar
United States, IA, West Des Moines
Joined Jan 2010
664 Posts
How can i program waypoints on a computer?
rcplanes1234 is online now Find More Posts by rcplanes1234
Reply With Quote
Old May 25, 2012, 02:59 PM
The way of being is doing.
IMEIV's Avatar
Italia, Emilia Romagna, Ravenna
Joined Apr 2009
434 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elcheapo View Post
Hard to say without a video. If Level flight mode does align the plane with the artificial horizon indicator(AHI) on the screen, then you have everything properly configured and the problem is the vibrations.
If the AHI follows the real horizon within +-10 and level flight does not align the model with the horizon, then there is something wrong with the configuration.
I think that the problem is the first. Tomorrow I think to load a short video...
IMEIV is offline Find More Posts by IMEIV
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion Maiden Reports 12345 Arizona Model Aviators 699 Yesterday 11:38 PM
Help! RVOSD thermal sensors rcmonster99 FPV Talk 16 Jun 20, 2011 10:21 AM
Discussion Weekend weather reports neck Arizona Model Aviators 13 Jun 10, 2011 04:59 PM
Discussion where are the Joe Nall horror "reports? guy hanson Radios 49 May 18, 2011 12:06 PM
Discussion Finally Fixed the Country Reports daboz Dynamic Soaring 5 May 16, 2011 02:51 AM