SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Feb 27, 2012, 04:19 AM
Joined Apr 2008
356 Posts
yesterday i maidened my plane with RVOSD 5.
at first flight, barometric altitude reading was about -380m (and no, i don't live in Netherlands ). Next, i cycled it (showing both baro and GPS) and it was showing 0 correctly.
Is this correct beahviour?
I remember sometime ago i read about similar issues, but i'm not sure how it's ended.
GliderLover is offline Find More Posts by GliderLover
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 27, 2012, 05:11 AM
Turkey, Istanbul
Joined Dec 2010
413 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GliderLover View Post
at first flight, barometric altitude reading was about -380m (and no, i don't live in Netherlands ). Next, i cycled it (showing both baro and GPS) and it was showing 0 correctly.
I remember sometime ago i read about similar issues, but i'm not sure how it's ended.
I would advice you to reset your OSD after 2 minutes it is plugged. Due to temprature change, barometric sensor is drifting. Anyhow, -380 is very strange figure, I see -7,-10 but never -380.

Cheers
Firatp is offline Find More Posts by Firatp
Old Mar 03, 2012, 07:02 AM
Still hackin'
Port Elizabeth, South Africa
Joined Nov 2005
428 Posts
Radar screen zoom

Hi all,

Is there a way to zoom in and out when viewing waypoints in the radar view?
Also, sometimes when I power up the OSD, the AH is very sluggish and it takes a few reboots before it responds normally - any ideas?

Thanks,
V
Thermicdude is offline Find More Posts by Thermicdude
Old Mar 03, 2012, 08:41 AM
Joined Dec 2005
1,817 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thermicdude View Post
Hi all,

Is there a way to zoom in and out when viewing waypoints in the radar view?
Also, sometimes when I power up the OSD, the AH is very sluggish and it takes a few reboots before it responds normally - any ideas?

Thanks,
V
This happens when you plug in the wrong battery first, Aux vs Main.

I forget which one is the right one to plug in first, experiment a bit and you will find it.
BushmanLA is offline Find More Posts by BushmanLA
Old Mar 03, 2012, 08:47 AM
2Vision-Air
Canada, QC, Blainville
Joined Aug 2009
2,161 Posts
Anyone else thinks RVOSD is officially dead ?

Even if they ever come back in stock, would you buy one with all the non existing support from them ?

I might sell mine and go back to EagleTree
bakchos is online now Find More Posts by bakchos
Old Mar 03, 2012, 08:47 AM
Still hackin'
Port Elizabeth, South Africa
Joined Nov 2005
428 Posts
@BushmanLA Thanks will try different combos... any idea om the zoom in radar screen?
Thermicdude is offline Find More Posts by Thermicdude
Last edited by Thermicdude; Mar 03, 2012 at 09:06 AM.
Old Mar 03, 2012, 09:11 AM
Illinois, USA
Joined Aug 2009
968 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bakchos View Post

Even if they ever come back in stock, would you buy one with all the non existing support from them ?

Agree communications with RangeVideo really sucks. Support for RVOSD5 is pretty good if you don't have a dead component. Alex is pretty fast to answer support questions. I did have a hardware problem with my original board and Vova replaced it within a week. I must say I think they have an outsanding product, that has worked really well for me. I will patiently wait for stock to arrive.
Have you ever dealt with manuf. in china?, very slow and hard to get answers.

I believe most of these businesses that relate to FPV are part-time businesses running on a shoestring. You just can't bet your life on getting something overnite or great support. Just have to be patient I guess.

I thin
vertcnc is offline Find More Posts by vertcnc
Old Mar 03, 2012, 09:38 AM
United States, TX, Austin
Joined Aug 2007
338 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bakchos View Post

If you go to their Facebook page you can see the latest updates and communication from them. Also check out the Range Video support forum.
superevan is offline Find More Posts by superevan
Old Mar 03, 2012, 09:45 AM
Turkey, Istanbul
Joined Dec 2010
413 Posts
I love their product but I don't understand why they always postpone new deliveries and release of new products. I also wait for their antenna tracker.
Making disappointed customers is not something good.
Firatp is offline Find More Posts by Firatp
Old Mar 03, 2012, 11:27 AM
Joined Dec 2005
1,817 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thermicdude View Post
@BushmanLA Thanks will try different combos... any idea om the zoom in radar screen?
No way to zoom as far as I know, it is automatic based on your distance from the next waypoint in the sequence or your distance from home. Something like that.
BushmanLA is offline Find More Posts by BushmanLA
Old Mar 03, 2012, 11:28 AM
2Vision-Air
Canada, QC, Blainville
Joined Aug 2009
2,161 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by superevan View Post
If you go to their Facebook page you can see the latest updates and communication from them. Also check out the Range Video support forum.
I went there before, i had to sent countless emails and wait and wait for support, me and my brother both got a defective OSD the 1st time, i sold all my EagleTree gear for the RVOSD because i wanted PPM, if it was to do again i would keep the EagleTree OSD.

You wait for emails reply and finally you get 3 - 4 words and not a single answer to your questions.... for me support like EagleTree offers is worth the small price difference.
bakchos is online now Find More Posts by bakchos
Old Mar 03, 2012, 01:27 PM
The Fixer
Canada, ON, Milton
Joined Jan 2009
3,722 Posts
Whats the use of facebook when they have there forum.
Martin Y is offline Find More Posts by Martin Y
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Flyfly Fox Glider
Old Mar 03, 2012, 07:52 PM
Stay airborne my friends
USA, TN, Dickson
Joined Nov 2004
998 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GliderLover View Post

A friend and I both had that issue with G4 boards upgraded to G5. We had to cycle them to GPS and then back to barometer and they have worked normally since then.
rc-mike is offline Find More Posts by rc-mike
Old Mar 04, 2012, 01:42 AM
On a holiday?
Uppsala, Sweden
Joined Sep 2008
3,586 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Firatp View Post
I love their product but I don't understand why they always postpone new deliveries and release of new products. I also wait for their antenna tracker.
Making disappointed customers is not something good.
Making exact predictions is close to impossible. In this regard ET is hardly better and have now stopped giving ETAs because of this. For all that wait and complain about the tracker, when do you think the ET EagleLink will be released?

The RV AT had been finished for quite some time but Vova don't want to release it without a case. A decision I respect.
boopidoo is offline Find More Posts by boopidoo
Old Mar 13, 2012, 05:09 AM
TBs are GO!....FAB....no..FPV!
Australia, NSW, Yamba
Joined Nov 2010
244 Posts
Does the RVOSD5 have the ability to cut the throttle if the plane decends below say..20Metres altitude while in failsafe mode?
If not,...maybe in an upcoming firmware update?
Phelec is offline Find More Posts by Phelec