HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 03, 2012, 11:45 PM
United States, MI
Joined Dec 2002
1,070 Posts
Last couple of flights my RVOSD has been shaky at best. It doesn't seem to want to hold attitude and the AHI on the last flight was at the ground. So when I did an inflight neutralization of the AHI it didn't seem to help much. When I originally set this board up Fly by Wire flew great. Now I can't seem to get it to fly level on its own. I plug the battery in and make sure the plane is level before flying. I even unplugged it and did a second calibration by plugging the battery in again. I looked through the menus but didn't see anything that stood out. Would the DragonLink Rx being next to it affect it? Any other ideas of things to try?
jeff2215 is offline Find More Posts by jeff2215
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 04, 2012, 01:38 AM
Le Havre, FRANCE
Joined Feb 2007
1,875 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phelec View Post
So, from this I understand it's ok to make some sort of guided (even destructive I guess)) flying object to go to a waypoint situated in the USA, but you are forbidden to do this outside of the US?
This is not gonna happen, as i said anyone living outside the US is considered a potential terrorist, if you live in the US it's OK you are considered CLEAN and TRUSTED therefore you're not supposed to build WMD.
The law is the law, you have to abide.
lrrps is offline Find More Posts by lrrps
Old Feb 04, 2012, 07:51 AM
2Vision-Air
Canada, QC, Blainville
Joined Aug 2009
2,204 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff2215 View Post
Last couple of flights my RVOSD has been shaky at best. It doesn't seem to want to hold attitude and the AHI on the last flight was at the ground. So when I did an inflight neutralization of the AHI it didn't seem to help much. When I originally set this board up Fly by Wire flew great. Now I can't seem to get it to fly level on its own. I plug the battery in and make sure the plane is level before flying. I even unplugged it and did a second calibration by plugging the battery in again. I looked through the menus but didn't see anything that stood out. Would the DragonLink Rx being next to it affect it? Any other ideas of things to try?
check for vibrations.
bakchos is online now Find More Posts by bakchos
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 04, 2012, 03:51 PM
United States, MI
Joined Dec 2002
1,070 Posts
Thanks, I will check it out in the Debug menu. I use the RVOSD mount and it was working before I upgraded to the dragon link. Just don't know what changed. I just went out for a test flight and the RVOSD was very twitchy under fly by wire mode. When I turned off fly by wire it flew much better. So in flight I increased stability of pitch and roll up to 70 each and that helped a bit. I also had to adjust the AHI in flight. Just wonder if I am missing something else. I really miss fly by wire. Even in wind it was very stable.
Old Feb 04, 2012, 04:08 PM
United States, MI
Joined Dec 2002
1,070 Posts
Also, before I ran my old set up in Regular. Using the Dragon Link I am using combined PPM. Wondering if this is the cause and if I should go back to individual inputs and regular mode.
Old Feb 04, 2012, 04:21 PM
2Vision-Air
Canada, QC, Blainville
Joined Aug 2009
2,204 Posts
Quote:
Also, before I ran my old set up in Regular. Using the Dragon Link I am using combined PPM. Wondering if this is the cause and if I should go back to individual inputs and regular mode.
I use PPM on chainlink and have no trouble, if you did a change of rx, have you rerun the wizard ?

If no start by this.
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 04, 2012, 04:43 PM
United States, MI
Joined Dec 2002
1,070 Posts
yeah did this. Maybe I just need to play around with the stabilization settings a bit more in flight.
Old Feb 04, 2012, 04:56 PM
2Vision-Air
Canada, QC, Blainville
Joined Aug 2009
2,204 Posts
Quote:
yeah did this. Maybe I just need to play around with the stabilization settings a bit more in flight.
idk, i have them all stock.
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 04, 2012, 06:27 PM
Suspended Account
United Kingdom, Swansea
Joined Mar 2011
2,225 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by lrrps View Post
The law is the law, you have to abide.
Wrong
US law is US law, we don't have to abide
TeeJayBee is offline Find More Posts by TeeJayBee
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Feb 04, 2012, 06:55 PM
United States, MI
Joined Dec 2002
1,070 Posts
I think I will run the wizard again and see if that does the trick. I was flying in 5-10mph winds and just seemed like it wasn't as smooth as before. If that doesn't work maybe I will reset the board and start over.
Old Feb 04, 2012, 10:03 PM
USA, TN, Murfreesboro
Joined Dec 2009
256 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TeeJayBee View Post
Wrong
US law is US law, we don't have to abide
And that's why that feature is not available outside the US.
avropilot is offline Find More Posts by avropilot
Old Feb 04, 2012, 10:12 PM
Illinois, USA
Joined Aug 2009
968 Posts
Quote:
RTH and other modes shouldn't be affected by wether you used combined PPM or not. I fly a wing with default settings and works perfect. I did have a problem with my initial board with stabilization because of bad component. RV replaced right away. If artificial horizon is stable, RTH and other stabilized modes should be fine. If horizon is all over the place check for vibrations, if vibrations are at a minimum and horizon indicator is still not stable, maybe you have a bad board.
vertcnc is offline Find More Posts by vertcnc
Old Feb 04, 2012, 10:36 PM
United States, MI
Joined Dec 2002
1,070 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by vertcnc View Post
RTH and other modes shouldn't be affected by wether you used combined PPM or not. I fly a wing with default settings and works perfect. I did have a problem with my initial board with stabilization because of bad component. RV replaced right away. If artificial horizon is stable, RTH and other stabilized modes should be fine. If horizon is all over the place check for vibrations, if vibrations are at a minimum and horizon indicator is still not stable, maybe you have a bad board.
Thanks. I reran the wizard and went into debug mode. At full throttle everything is within limits. I will have to give it another run on a calm day and see how it performs. If I still have issues I may have to contact RV. Sounds like right now may be a bad time though. Maybe they can chime in here and give me something else to look at. I just remember when I got this, fly by wire kept the plane dead level even in the wind. Now it seems like its fighting to stay level. Almost seems like its over correcting but I tried raising and lowering the stabilization settings. Never had to do this before.
Old Feb 04, 2012, 11:01 PM
Illinois, USA
Joined Aug 2009
968 Posts
Next time you fly, watch the attitude indicator closely as to how stable it is. Record some video. I am sure Alex could help you out.
vertcnc is offline Find More Posts by vertcnc
Old Feb 04, 2012, 11:14 PM
Australia, QLD, Gold Coast
Joined Aug 2007
856 Posts
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1588170

Brand new RV OSD5 for sale
Talajouy is offline Find More Posts by Talajouy