HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 17, 2012, 07:36 PM
Mums the word.
St.Augustine, FL
Joined Sep 2009
2,061 Posts
Sounds good. I'm installing an osd tonight i may video it for everyone lol.
man2000me is offline Find More Posts by man2000me
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 18, 2012, 02:19 AM
team n00b - captain
Canada, BC, Vancouver
Joined Aug 2011
158 Posts
Back in business! thanks a lot. I'll try an post a diagram when I get a chance.

Still need to configure RSSI tho ... maybe I can get your help with that later.

I haven't flown for weeks - looking like I might get the chance again soon now =)

I have NO idea how your directions match up with any logical part in their documentation! ha ha ... thanks again ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by man2000me View Post
If you want it to work.

4 wires to and from osd and rx.

Red --------- to center pins on both osd and rx
Black ------- to out pins on rx an osd
White ------ to inner pin of ppm on osd and rx
Orange ---- to rssi on rx and temp input on osd (a 10k resistor should work here) rx------resistor-----osd

Now that is done, hook up the UBEC to ppm 2 input of the osd (or any free output)

Follow the directions I gave earlier and you will have a working system. One you have it going we'll work on the rssi.
gitcho is offline Find More Posts by gitcho
Old Jan 18, 2012, 09:50 AM
Spain
Joined May 2011
91 Posts
As stated in the manual: ".... if you enter the autopilot submenu with any of the autopilot modes activated, on the autopilot menu screen the autopilot will switch to level flight, and resume the previous autopilot mode after leaving the menu screen. But some menus cant be changed if any stabilization mode is active."

does anyone knows what specific menus cant be changed if any stab mode is active?
datyip is offline Find More Posts by datyip
Old Jan 18, 2012, 12:14 PM
Joined Oct 2007
1,310 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by IMEIV View Post
Yes, but on page 18 I see a reference to V8R7SP that must be prepared to broadcast the rssi signal. In fact carry instructions "When the RSSI input is selected to PPM1 or PPM1 and PPM2, you have to connect RSSI from receiver 1 to the aileron input... This mode does not need calibration and can be used with one or two V8R7SP Frsky receiver's specially modified like this, the added part is a standard diode 1N4148"

But seems that TFRSP receiver is different because has an output prepared for RSSI.. for this reason I ask "why it was necessary a capacitor". In this case, with TFRSP receiver, I think that I have to connect RSSI plug on temp/rssi input. While with V8R7SP the rssi information is drawn from aileron input.

Would seem useless buy a TFRSP receiver with a prepared rssi output and then modify it for a correct rssi trasmission... but I believe that it will not.

Maybe some owner will tell us with greater certainty.
That RSSI output will not work, you have to do the modification explained on the manual to get "valid frame count" RSSI output.
RVOSD can also accept PWM RSSI but has to be like the EZUHF output, this is exactly like a servo output but with pulse width proportional to RSSI level. Also it can get analog RSSI output from your Rx, but most 2.4Ghz receivers don't have that option.
Elcheapo is offline Find More Posts by Elcheapo
Old Jan 18, 2012, 12:32 PM
Joined Oct 2007
1,310 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by datyip View Post
As stated in the manual: ".... if you enter the autopilot submenu with any of the autopilot modes activated, on the autopilot menu screen the autopilot will switch to level flight, and resume the previous autopilot mode after leaving the menu screen. But some menus cant be changed if any stabilization mode is active."

does anyone knows what specific menus cant be changed if any stab mode is active?
I don't remember now, but I blocked all menu modifications that could destabilize the airplane. Only exception to this is Stabilization pitch and roll gains, because can't increase-decrease those values fast enough to cause immediate loss of control.
The thing is that changing autopilot settings with the autopilot already controlling the airplane is a delicate issue.
Elcheapo is offline Find More Posts by Elcheapo
Old Jan 18, 2012, 01:27 PM
The way of being is doing.
Italia, Emilia Romagna, Ravenna
Joined Apr 2009
431 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elcheapo View Post
That RSSI output will not work, you have to do the modification explained on the manual to get "valid frame count" RSSI output.
RVOSD can also accept PWM RSSI but has to be like the EZUHF output, this is exactly like a servo output but with pulse width proportional to RSSI level. Also it can get analog RSSI output from your Rx, but most 2.4Ghz receivers don't have that option.
Ok thanks. I will do the modification explained..
IMEIV is offline Find More Posts by IMEIV
Old Jan 18, 2012, 03:23 PM
USA, FL, Palm Harbor
Joined Jul 2004
2,061 Posts
Does anyone know how to get a call or emailed returned from the company. I have tried repeatedly and get no reply. I am trying to find out when the RV OSD might get back in stock.
AlanFlorida is offline Find More Posts by AlanFlorida
Old Jan 19, 2012, 02:34 AM
The way of being is doing.
Italia, Emilia Romagna, Ravenna
Joined Apr 2009
431 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elcheapo View Post
Ok Elcheapo I will do the modification and you mean this ? "A 10K-100K series resistor have to be connected between signal output of the receiver and signal input pin of the OSD, this is to protect the analog RSSI input on RVOSD"

Then I will select as RSSI input "Analog" and connect rssi plug to rssi/temp input port. Correct ?
IMEIV is offline Find More Posts by IMEIV
Old Jan 19, 2012, 05:15 AM
Joined May 2009
782 Posts
Aussie Pete is offline Find More Posts by Aussie Pete
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by Aussie Pete; Jun 16, 2012 at 10:14 AM.
Old Jan 21, 2012, 01:26 PM
I love the smell of elapor....
Setauket, New York
Joined Oct 2009
304 Posts
any clue when Range Video will have stock?
MaximumBob is offline Find More Posts by MaximumBob
Old Jan 21, 2012, 02:33 PM
The Flying Circus
Adelaide South Australia
Joined Sep 2007
3,812 Posts
Straight from the horses mouth:
http://rangevideo.com/forum/showthre...0724#post20724
ommadawn is offline Find More Posts by ommadawn
Old Jan 22, 2012, 07:24 AM
I love the smell of elapor....
Setauket, New York
Joined Oct 2009
304 Posts
awesome.....i need a gen 5 by spring (int he northern hemishpere!) ...thx ommadawn
MaximumBob is offline Find More Posts by MaximumBob
Old Jan 22, 2012, 12:40 PM
The Flying Circus
Adelaide South Australia
Joined Sep 2007
3,812 Posts
Maybe try this guy if you are quick (post 168)
http://rangevideo.com/forum/showthre...0753#post20753
ommadawn is offline Find More Posts by ommadawn
Old Jan 23, 2012, 08:04 PM
United States, MI
Joined Dec 2002
1,064 Posts
Anyone have a diagram of how to hook a DL to OSD? I read through the posts here and it doesn't make any sense. I hooked it up according to manual and went into configurations and made sure its set to combined ppm and ppm1. My ESC is beeping at me, not happy :-)

Here is how I have it hooked up. All the servos go to their respective outputs on OSD. I have one wire running from CH 9 (PPM Ch) on DL to the PPM1 (Elevator input) on the OSD. What am I missing here?
jeff2215 is offline Find More Posts by jeff2215
Last edited by jeff2215; Jan 23, 2012 at 08:14 PM.
Old Jan 23, 2012, 08:48 PM
United States, MI
Joined Dec 2002
1,064 Posts
Everything but the throttle is working....
jeff2215 is offline Find More Posts by jeff2215