HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jun 19, 2011, 05:56 AM
United Kingdom, England, Norwich
Joined Jun 2011
1 Posts
Help!
Magic Vee

I bought a Magic Vee for my 4 year old son and I to play with as a first boat after seeing videos and reading rave reviews. When I tested it last week, I was very impressed with the speed but it did take on a bit of water which apparently is normal. I recharged the battery and took it out with my son the next day but the speed was severely down. I thought I had perhaps not charged the battery properly so I came home and tried again after a good charge...Same problem. I have greased the shaft and bought a new battery with no improvements. It is still running ok but nowhere near as fast as on the first day. Could it be the motor?? I am looking to order a new motor and a new shaft but want to know if water could be the cause of the reduced top speed.

Any help would be great.

ledonster is offline Find More Posts by ledonster
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 19, 2011, 08:20 AM
Joined Dec 2010
153 Posts
How much water got inside and was it fresh or salt
rc_boat_lover is offline Find More Posts by rc_boat_lover
Old Jun 24, 2011, 07:35 AM
Boaters are nice people.
Sneek, Netherlands.
Joined May 2004
4,985 Posts
Please show us some pictures of the boat, specially of the drive train.

I have a suspicion that might be the problem.

What type of motor is installed?

Regards, Jan.
pompebled is online now Find More Posts by pompebled