|Jun 18, 2011, 10:37 AM|
Joined Jun 2011
Problems binding DX6i to AR600
I have been meaning to get an answer on this for a while but have been traveling quite a bit lately.
I purchased a Airfield SkyTrainer 182 last year and enjoyed the flying characteristics. I landed it hard one day and haven't flown it since because the nosegear and firewall were in pieces.
I now want to use it as a test platform, but now nothing seems to work. The battery inflated like a balloon so I replaced it with a similar one from HobbyTown USA. After plugging it in, I was still unable to get it to work, so I purchased a new receiver and I used a DX6i that came with another aircraft. I tried several times to bind using the instructions in the manual but the orange LED never changed.
Is it possible the bad battery fried the ESC?
Am I completely missing something?
On a different matter, where do I dispose of bad LiPo battery's?
|Jun 18, 2011, 12:15 PM|
A few suggestions:
1) Make sure you have the bind plug installed on the Bat/Data port.
2) Move the TX further away. You may get interference if the TX is too close.
3) Make sure the TX is going into bind mode as indicated on the display.
4) Disconnect everything from the RX and use an external 4AA pack (4.8V) to power the RX.
1) Assuming the lipo is not physically damaged, discharge the battery fully. Use a car light bulb wired in series with the lipo.
2) Once discharged, strip the battery leads and short them together.
3) A lipo battery is actually fairly environmentally friendly unlike Ni-cd and Ni-mh.. You can discard in the trash if you wish. Alternatively, places like Home Depot will recycle batteries.
|Jul 14, 2011, 03:19 PM|
The AR600 features a red LED (labeled H). This LED indicates the number of holds that have occurred since the receiver was last powered on. The LED will flash the number of holds then pause (e.g., flash, flash, flash, pause flash, flash, flash, pause) This indicates three holds. Note that holds are reset to zero when the receiver is turned off
|Category||Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|Discussion||Major problems with DX6i and BNF ar600's ???||herostratus||Radios||32||Oct 14, 2012 07:38 PM|
|Discussion||Binding DX6I tx (DSMX) with AR600 rx.||vrider||Electric Plane Talk||21||Apr 18, 2011 05:59 PM|
|Help!||Problems binding DX6i to UM P-51||nathandarby67||Micro Ready-to-Fly||4||Mar 15, 2011 10:51 PM|
|Help!||DX6i / AR6100 binding problems||dvincent||Radios||4||Oct 31, 2008 10:42 PM|