HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jun 18, 2011, 12:19 AM
umpf umpf
United States, NV, Sparks
Joined Nov 2008
377 Posts
Discussion
dx8 telemetry issue airspeed and mi/max page no worky

bound my tm1000 to my ar600 rx using dsmx. everything works except i dont get the telemetry page with alt. or airspeed and i dont get the min/max page to show any numbers. i do have an airspeed unit hooked up.

i tried rebinding no help disconnected all the plugs one at a time to the tm1000, no help.
all telemetry options are act. in the set up menu.

temp works, rpm works, data works, flight pack works. airspeed no worky because the telemetry page is blank and the min/max srceen will not show numbers.

anyone got any ideas
basser is offline Find More Posts by basser
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 18, 2011, 08:03 AM
Illinois
Joined Sep 2001
23,082 Posts
Are you running version 2.01? Earlier versions don't support airspeed and altitude sensors.

Andy
AndyKunz is offline Find More Posts by AndyKunz
Site Sponsor
Old Jun 18, 2011, 09:41 AM
umpf umpf
Joined Nov 2008
377 Posts
yep im running 2.01 in the dx8
Old Jun 18, 2011, 12:08 PM
Illinois
Joined Sep 2001
23,082 Posts
The sensor(s) need to be attached to the TM1000 when the TM1000 is powered up. Re-binding won't make a difference. Once the TM1000 is sending telemetry data to the transmitter, you only need to power cycle the TM1000 to activate the sensor.

The Min/Max screen shows numbers for all devices that are attached to the TM1000 and are configured to Display: ACT on their individual setup screens.

Do you have alarms set on the airspeed sensor?

I'm going to PM you.

Andy
Site Sponsor
Old Jun 18, 2011, 02:05 PM
umpf umpf
Joined Nov 2008
377 Posts
andy thanks for your help i sent you the spm file

i tried repowering the tm1000 several times with all plugs installed and any combination i could think of. also rebinding in all different ways with different combinations of plugs installed into the tm1000.

all devices are ACT in set up screen. no alarms set, they are all inh.

update: i uploaded my model into another dx8. i rebound rx(ar600) and tm1000 to this "other" dx8 and ALL telemetry pages worked good.
so then i saved this model from the "other" dx8 to the memory card and uploaded it into my dx8. i rebound the rx(ar600) and tm1000 to this newly uploaded model in my dx8. the telemetry pages all worked except for the airspeed page.

i then turn off the rx and then the tx. i repower up the radio system and now still the airspeed page and min/max page are not working. the titles for these pages are there, "TELEMETRY" and "MIN/MAX" but nothing underneath is displayed.

i do have an airspeed componant pluged into the xbus slot. both dx8s are version 2.01 and all binding was done in dsmX mode.

the tm1000 seems to be fine,. it worked in the "other" dx8. my dx8 doesnt give me data in those 2 pages
Last edited by basser; Jun 18, 2011 at 02:13 PM.
Old Jun 18, 2011, 03:34 PM
umpf umpf
Joined Nov 2008
377 Posts
pics

pics of each page of telemetry. my aircraft rx and tm1000 is also turn on.

airspeed and altitude are both ACT in setup menu
Old Jun 18, 2011, 04:05 PM
Illinois
Joined Sep 2001
23,082 Posts
Check your e-mail.
Site Sponsor
Old Jun 02, 2012, 07:41 PM
ATP/CFI Heli Sea Glidr Balloon
Joined Apr 2012
7 Posts
DX8 2.04 No Min / Max values for airspeed

I am having a slightly different problem. I get live airspeed telemetry just fine but no airspeed on the "Min / Max" page. I searched to see if this was a known issue but this old thread was the closest I found. Any help appreciated.
Name: DX8 Min Max.jpg
Views: 36
Size: 144.5 KB
Description: Live airspeed display works but no airspeeds here.
Sidlinger is offline Find More Posts by Sidlinger
Old Jun 02, 2012, 08:50 PM
Illinois
Joined Sep 2001
23,082 Posts
Go to the telemetry menu, add the sensor to a slot in the list, and change the Display to Act.

Andy
Site Sponsor
Old Jun 03, 2012, 02:03 AM
Joined Apr 2012
7 Posts
Even though the live airspeed telemetry was already working?
Name: DX8 Speed.jpg
Views: 41
Size: 120.0 KB
Description:
I thought that meant I had already done what I needed to do.

Well, that transmitter hasn't been touched since that airspeed telemetry test flight, so I just powered it back up and double-checked:
Name: DX8 6 Speed.jpg
Views: 33
Size: 285.4 KB
Description:
Name: DX8 Speed Act.jpg
Views: 32
Size: 104.9 KB
Description:

I'm a beginner with the DX8 so if this seems highly unlikely to you then I will repeat the test tomorrow, just to eliminate the possibility that I am somehow in error. One possibility: the airspeed sensor was the last entity on the X-Bus chain. Perhaps a continuity problem at just the wrong time (e.g., momentarily dislodged upon landing) could have let me see airspeed all during the flight but no Min / Max after?

Thanks for your help.
Old Jun 03, 2012, 02:18 PM
Illinois
Joined Sep 2001
23,082 Posts
The DX8 does not care what is attached in the plane. It reports only what it is configured to report, it does not automatically change the configuration.

Is it possible you are using a different model? Each model has its own set of telemetry settings.

Andy
Site Sponsor
Old Jun 03, 2012, 03:48 PM
Joined Apr 2012
7 Posts
Andy, as far as I know, I never changed models. To the best of my recollection, during the same flight I was getting live airspeed on another page but whenever I scrolled over to Min / Max the airspeeds there were always blank. But, if you've never seen this before, it seems most likely that this is somehow a Bruce problem rather than a Spektrum problem.

So, before I waste any more of your time, I will set up that model indoors with a fan blowing on the pitot tube and see if I can reproduce this for a video. If so, I will then post that for your analysis.

Thanks again for your responses.
Old Jun 08, 2012, 02:26 AM
Joined Apr 2012
7 Posts
DX8 2.04 Instantaneous Speed Displayed But Min / Max Speeds Missing

Andy, I went flying this evening and reproduced the issue on video for you. Thanks in advance for any suggestions as to what I might be doing wrong. -Bruce

DX8 Speed 480p 120607.mov (0 min 14 sec)
Old Jun 08, 2012, 05:58 AM
Air, Ground & Water
Canada, ON, Rockland
Joined Aug 2008
23,638 Posts
You have other issues as well.

65 FRAMES 2 HOLDS & Telemetry signal coming In&Out seen from the top right corner bars BLINKING

Where is the plane?
freechip is offline Find More Posts by freechip
Old Jun 08, 2012, 09:12 AM
Illinois
Joined Sep 2001
23,082 Posts
You went through those screens a bit too quick for me to see anything.

Can you attach the SPM file please?

Thanks.

Andy
Site Sponsor