HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by customcarmaker, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Jun 17, 2011, 11:18 PM
I have two speeds fast and WFO
United States, IN, Vincennes
Joined Jul 2006
471 Posts
Discussion
Once in a Lifetime opportunity

Well this is one of those things most of us just dream about. However at my young age of 25 i may not ever get this chance again. You see there is an aviation museum being built here in vincennes. I will be working on a WWII C-47 transport plane tomorrow, if we can. I wish we would have worked on it today. but who knows what the weather will do. But anyway here are a few teasers i took today.
customcarmaker is offline Find More Posts by customcarmaker
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 17, 2011, 11:42 PM
I have two speeds fast and WFO
United States, IN, Vincennes
Joined Jul 2006
471 Posts
i have over 20 more pics i took today so if you want me to add them i will.
customcarmaker is offline Find More Posts by customcarmaker
Old Jun 21, 2011, 11:38 PM
I like to fly!
United States, WI, Monona
Joined May 2011
227 Posts
Hello,
I just wanted to say thank you. Nowadays, history just isn't appriciated as much as it should be. Especially WWII aircraft. Honestly, I'm sick and tired of only hearing about P-51's and Spitfires. C-47's were the backbone of Europe, and are greatly underappriciated nowadays. Restoring aircraft like this needs to be done. Leaving history behind to rot in some boneyard is just rediculous. Especially with a plane this historical.
If you are ever in need of some more hands, my dad and I would definately come down for a weekend or two to help out.

Keep it up, and keep us updated on how it goes!,
Alex
alexkmmll is offline Find More Posts by alexkmmll