HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jun 17, 2011, 06:07 PM
Joined Nov 2008
378 Posts
Discussion
3D Hobby Shop 47" Osiris

hi, i wanted to know if this airplane has airfoil shaped tail feathers? it's a bit hard to tell from the small pictures on their website.
flipteg is offline Find More Posts by flipteg
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 17, 2011, 07:06 PM
↓↘→ + (punch)
central PA.
Joined Sep 2004
20,184 Posts
yes it sure does. It's a miniature version of the 62 Osiris in every way. If you're watching AJ fly one, you probably won't be able to tell the difference until he lands and it's at your feet.
theKM is offline Find More Posts by theKM
Old Jun 17, 2011, 07:20 PM
Joined Nov 2008
378 Posts
i have very much wanted the Osiris for a long time now but the 62" is quite too big for me (space and budget-wise. after all people say don't fly what you can't afford to crash). i was really excited when i saw the smaller one on their website. thanks for letting me know about the tail. this will be my next airplane.
Old Jun 17, 2011, 07:32 PM
United States, TX, Navasota
Joined Apr 2009
345 Posts
"people say don't fly what you can't afford to crash" Thats all relative, how long can you go without eating, drinking...? You can spend alot on ARF's, which is usually what I do. Or
You can learn a whole lot. Learn how to pick up the peices, lots of CA, some covering, iron. Spend some $$ on repair tools and it makes crashing alot cheeper. Then when you crash again you always have the tools.. Ask me how I know.! Just 2 cents worth of opinion.
wantoofly is offline Find More Posts by wantoofly
Old Jun 17, 2011, 07:48 PM
United States, TX, Navasota
Joined Apr 2009
345 Posts
What is the length on this plane?
wantoofly is offline Find More Posts by wantoofly
Old Jun 17, 2011, 08:42 PM
Half way there
USA, FL, Ocoee
Joined Sep 2008
1,203 Posts
I didnt know this plane was 3D capable
bill clark is offline Find More Posts by bill clark
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: 3D printing small parts
Old Jun 18, 2011, 07:40 AM
iumop ap!sdn w,I
Joined May 2005
6,442 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bill clark View Post
I didnt know this plane was 3D capable
Depends who's flying...
G.P. is offline Find More Posts by G.P.
Last edited by G.P.; Sep 01, 2012 at 09:01 PM.
Old Jun 19, 2011, 10:07 PM
Joined Nov 2008
378 Posts
does anyone know what brand covering this airplane uses? the big version's description states Ultracote but the 47" version is not specified.
Old Jun 20, 2011, 07:29 PM
Half way there
USA, FL, Ocoee
Joined Sep 2008
1,203 Posts
I pretty sure all 3DHS planes use the same brand covering
bill clark is offline Find More Posts by bill clark
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: 3D printing small parts
Old Jul 20, 2011, 02:47 PM
Joined Aug 2008
2 Posts
I'm about to order one of these. I'll pick up the 62" version later, but this is perfect for the beach park where I'm currently flying my foamies and can get some nice pattern flights in as well!! It's just a mile from my house, so that means way more stick time!!

I want to consider motors other than Hacker. Suggestions to replace the Hacker A30-14L?
Michael Baiano is offline Find More Posts by Michael Baiano
Old Jul 20, 2011, 03:21 PM
↓↘→ + (punch)
central PA.
Joined Sep 2004
20,184 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Baiano View Post
I'm about to order one of these. I'll pick up the 62" version later, but this is perfect for the beach park where I'm currently flying my foamies and can get some nice pattern flights in as well!! It's just a mile from my house, so that means way more stick time!!

I want to consider motors other than Hacker. Suggestions to replace the Hacker A30-14L?
it's designed around the 130g Omega from 3DHS...
theKM is offline Find More Posts by theKM
Old Jul 21, 2011, 04:28 PM
Joined Aug 2008
2 Posts
I'm currently thinking about the Motrolfly 2815 - 850, here http://www.subsonicplanes.com/upload...-850__page.pdf

The weight has not yet been posted on the website - anyone know what it's coming in at? I'm dying to get my hands on one of these... perfect little practice bird for where I fly most often. And - it's beautiful. Very nice color scheme.

Pretty amazing how far ARF's have come since the advent of CNC laser die cutting, etc. It would take me ages to complete something as well designed and built as what's rolling off production floors these days. Just wish we could afford to do it here in the US instead of offshore. Oh well. Guess I'll be flying more and building less these days - especially at prices like this! If I could even find a kit, it's still have to be at least $100.
Michael Baiano is offline Find More Posts by Michael Baiano
Old Jul 21, 2011, 08:36 PM
Joined Nov 2008
378 Posts
going by other planes in the same size and weight range as the 47" Osiris, i would guess the ready to fly weight will be around 2.5-3lbs. depending on the choice of battery.

the Super Vyper, which takes practically takes the same setup, is spec-ed at 2.2lbs. without a battery. a 2700mAh 4S weighs around 0.66lbs. which is on the heavy end of the recommendation for the Vyper.