RCG Staff Member
United States, TN, Nashville
Joined Oct 2003
5,270 Posts
Discussion
New PC-21 Turbo Prop

Pilatus PC-21 ARF w/Retracts

Cool Turboprop airplane with scale 5-bladed prop and retracts - Fast and Fun
The Pilatus PC-21 is a unique aircraft in today's world. It is the most advanced training turboprop available and provides a great platform for training tomorrow's front line fighter pilots.

Our model has a 36 in. wingspan, is 44-1/4 in. long, with 236 sq. in. of wing area, and weighs 43 oz. ready to fly. The PC-21 is molded with tough EPO foam and is pre-painted, and decorated. It is a faithful reproduction of the turboprop trainer that is being used to train the next generation of jet fighter pilots. This model is very close to the scale outlines of the real plane and includes the signature 5-bladed scale prop with scimitar blades. This prop is not just for display, it is a great match for the 760Kv brushless motor and 50A ESC w/BEC and can be flown with either a 3-cell or a 4-cell Lipo of 1600mAH to 2100mAH. It's no slouch on 3-cells (our video plane is flying on 3-cells) but if more power and speed is what you are looking for then go with a 4 cell.

Hobby Lobby ESCALE Pilatus PC-21 (1 min 43 sec)
Jason Cole is online now Find More Posts by Jason Cole
Administrator
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 17, 2011, 12:08 PM
Joined Mar 2010
44 Posts
Great looking plane. Saw it last night.

Are you going to have the replacement props in stock, and if so, what's the estimated price?
Vovka is offline Find More Posts by Vovka
Old Jun 17, 2011, 03:05 PM
Warbird crazy!
United States, CA, San Mateo
Joined Sep 2004
3,736 Posts
Wow, that is slick and unique.

John
new2rc is offline Find More Posts by new2rc
Old Jun 17, 2011, 04:55 PM
RCG Staff Member
Joined Oct 2003
5,270 Posts
Good call on missing the prop on the spare parts page. We have them. We'll get them on the page next week.

Jason
Administrator
Old Jun 17, 2011, 05:51 PM
United States, FL, The Villages
Joined Oct 2010
4,000 Posts
Sure looks nice. The video shows that it is a fast plane! I wish my skills were up to it. A GREAT price too!
dkrhardy is offline Find More Posts by dkrhardy
Old Jun 17, 2011, 11:11 PM
Gasbags & Gussets
Riverside, Ca
Joined Feb 2009
1,196 Posts
congrats...

Great looking model with a lot of cool features (in a relatively compact package too) !

hope you sell a bunch.

js
jswain is offline Find More Posts by jswain
Old Jun 18, 2011, 12:31 AM
Lipo abuser ... smoke on!
Joined Feb 2005
1,914 Posts
Looks nice! I've had my eye on this for awhile but I've just been too cheap to pay the shipping from Europe. Looks like I'm out of excuses now lol

Don
gp125racer is online now Find More Posts by gp125racer
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: D100
Old Jun 18, 2011, 12:53 PM
Electric Coolhunter
United States, TX, Fort Worth
Joined Jun 2000
14,515 Posts
Just when I am trying to swear off foamies, along comes Hobby Lobby with an incredibly tempting one! Very cool.
Thomas B is offline Find More Posts by Thomas B
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: 2014 events and travel
Old Jun 18, 2011, 01:51 PM
killickb
The Villages. Florida
Joined Jan 2005
1,314 Posts
Me also Thomas! I love building stringers and spars with balsa but some of these new foamies are just drop dead georgeous and the finish/paint jobs are way beyond my ability or patience to repro on a balsa model. If only this PC-21 was a little larger 'cause it is one mean machine and soooooo different from yet another P-51, Corsair, Spit etc. H.L. keep that designer/marketing guy on your staff !!
killickb is offline Find More Posts by killickb
Old Jun 18, 2011, 06:10 PM
Australia, WA, Kinross
Joined Aug 2007
376 Posts
Here you go killickb, check this out.

http://www.sebart.it/newplanes2011.html#newpc21
mikeyg1972 is offline Find More Posts by mikeyg1972
Old Jun 18, 2011, 08:57 PM
Joined May 2011
420 Posts
I love it. I don't have a runway though, I'm afraid I will break that prop when belly landing on the grass. If it wasn't for that I would have ordered it already.
PepeM is offline Find More Posts by PepeM
Old Jun 19, 2011, 07:26 AM
Virginia Beach, VA
Joined Nov 2006
973 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gp125racer View Post
Looks nice! I've had my eye on this for awhile but I've just been too cheap to pay the shipping from Europe. Looks like I'm out of excuses now lol

Don
Yeah, I know what you mean. I've had my eye on this plane for 3 years now. They are From FMS I think. There are a couple of old threads about this plane.But here is one.
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=924761

There is an european site who sales this beautiful plane in two colors, red and black.http://www.ht-modellbau.ch/default_e.htm
anthodenn is offline Find More Posts by anthodenn
Old Jun 19, 2011, 08:55 AM
RCG Staff Member
Joined Oct 2003
5,270 Posts
The HL PC-21 does not come from FMS Model.
Administrator
Old Jun 19, 2011, 11:15 AM
killickb
The Villages. Florida
Joined Jan 2005
1,314 Posts
Thanks for the link mikeyg. Looked at his site a few weeks ago and didn't see this one --- some of the other models in his new line-up are also very,very nice. Have two Sebart models in my fleet, a PC-21 would make a nice third! However I suspect that by the time it hits these shores it will be quite expensive though, as is usual with Sebart, of very high quality and well worth the expense.
killickb is offline Find More Posts by killickb
Old Jun 19, 2011, 07:35 PM
United States, Death Valley
Joined Aug 2003
3,113 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyboone View Post

Pilatus PC-21 ARF w/Retracts

Cool Turboprop airplane with scale 5-bladed prop and retracts - Fast and Fun
The Pilatus PC-21 is a unique aircraft in today's world. It is the most advanced training turboprop available and provides a great platform for training tomorrow's front line fighter pilots.

Our model has a 36 in. wingspan, is 44-1/4 in. long, with 236 sq. in. of wing area, and weighs 43 oz. ready to fly. The PC-21 is molded with tough EPO foam and is pre-painted, and decorated. It is a faithful reproduction of the turboprop trainer that is being used to train the next generation of jet fighter pilots. This model is very close to the scale outlines of the real plane and includes the signature 5-bladed scale prop with scimitar blades. This prop is not just for display, it is a great match for the 760Kv brushless motor and 50A ESC w/BEC and can be flown with either a 3-cell or a 4-cell Lipo of 1600mAH to 2100mAH. It's no slouch on 3-cells (our video plane is flying on 3-cells) but if more power and speed is what you are looking for then go with a 4 cell.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OvX9jYOsUgI
What a neat model! I think i'll have to try one. Whats the retract situation? Can you give us some pictures? Im worried about the durability of them like usual...If I pay $200 for a small foamy (small but nicely done!) im not going to be too keen on having to change them out to decent ones.
SilentHunter is offline Find More Posts by SilentHunter